Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Wassup? Why no Celtic threads today?

Wassup? Why no Celtic threads today?

Old Aug 23rd 2009, 6:14 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wassup? Why no Celtic threads today?

Originally Posted by soapy©
soapy is walking through a field, sees iamthecreaturefromuranus using his hand as a scoop to drink water from a pond.

soapy calls out to iamthecreaturefromuranus , "Na ol an t-uisce, ta sïlan de chacbo."
(Translation: Don't drink that water. It's full of cowshit!)

iamthecreaturefromuranus shouts back, "I'm English! Can't you speak English! Are you completely ignorant, you asshole?!"

soapy calls back, "Use both hands. You'll get more."
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:34 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

soapy calls out to iamthecreaturefromuranus , "Na ol an t-uisce, ta sïlan de chacbo."
Obvious breach of Rule 16...
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Sigma Olomouc 3 - 0 Aberdeen (8-1)
Dinamo Zagreb 4 - 0 Hearts

and of course

Celtic 0 - 2 Arsenal

Another classic couple of weeks for Scottish "football"

So I take it English football had a great week because of the Arsenal score.
Hmmm.

Just tell me, how many English players were in that Arsenal team exactly eh?
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
So I take it English football had a great week because of the Arsenal score.
Hmmm.
Just tell me, how many English players were in that Arsenal team exactly eh?
I think that's clutching at straws at its best....
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

I think that's clutching at straws at its best....
Why?
The premiersip is a monster that no league in the world can compete with. Strachan got it right in that he said if your looking at firepower, Arsenal have a machine gun & Celtic has a water pistol. But we do regularly punch above our weight, especially against "English" clubs at home.
Personally I think the premiership operate under a false economy. It could topple like a house of cards. All it takes is for one or two of the clubs to go into receivership or a change in political attitude resulting in the foreign money men walking away.
It would wipe the smug grin off twats like Glenn Hoddle who laughingly said that Arsenal never got out of 3rd gear.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
That's you 2nd from the left aint it!

Seriously, i reckon you are far right.
Wrong both tries SC I'm the one on the far left as you look at the pic. Best man at my mates wedding a few years back at Kinnity Castle in County Offaly. What a ****ing night that was
There is a photo of me later on in the night with ma kilt raised in salute but wouldn't want to scare the kids
Or the less well endowed eh Soapy
Attached Thumbnails Wassup? Why no Celtic threads today?-drunk-apprentice-boys-dublin.-john-marys-wedding.jpeg  
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

Why?

...because trying to make out that its not an English club because its full of foreign players IS clutching at straws. If Celtic had the same draw as Arsenal (and despite what a million Jocks worldwide will try to claim, they don't) how many Scots do you think would be in the Celtic side, or even Celtic reserves?.

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Aug 23rd 2009 at 8:56 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 8:48 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Or the less well endowed eh Soapy
i see you have never forgotten that night
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

...because trying to make out that its not an English club because its full of foreign players IS clutching at straws. If Celtic had the same draw as Arsenal (and despite what a million Jocks worldwide will try to claim, they don't) how many Scots do you think would be in the Celtic side, or even Celtic reserves?.
If Celtic had the same draw as Arsenal!!!
DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CELTIC FOOTBALL CLUB?
Celtic have a worldwide draw. Arsenal are just another London club who just happen to be in a cash soaked league.

Gies peace Iam!
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

i see you have never forgotten that night
Was enjoyable though soapy
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

If Celtic had the same draw as Arsenal!!!
DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CELTIC FOOTBALL CLUB?
Celtic have a worldwide draw. Arsenal are just another London club who just happen to be in a cash soaked league.

Gies peace Iam!
Celtic have a worldwide fan base, but as a draw to the top flight players you are a non-entity. I'm a United far, so no way am I trying to big up Arsenal, but sign for Arsenal and as a player you are almost certain to get a good run in a European competition. You also get to go to the likes of Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge... some the the great names in world football and play in one of the top leagues in the world.
Sign for Celtic and you get two games a season in Europe and get to play at the likes of this place on a Tuesday night in January.
Attached Thumbnails Wassup? Why no Celtic threads today?-hamilton22.jpg  
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celtic have a worldwide fan base, but as a draw to the top flight players you are a non-entity. I'm a United far, so no way am I trying to big up Arsenal, but sign for Arsenal and as a player you are almost certain to get a good run in a European competition. You also get to go to the likes of Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge... some the the great names in world football and play in one of the top leagues in the world.
Sign for Celtic and you get two games a season in Europe and get to play at the likes of this place on a Tuesday night in January.
Granted Iam, but only because they are in the premiership.
There is no way they have a bigger fan-base.
Apologies for shouting, but I love the 'tic