washing machines

Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: washing machines

Originally Posted by NickyC
Hanging the dryer on the wall takes up less space than having the washer and dryer side by side on the floor.

Lots of people have top-loading washing machines which means you can't just stack the dryer on top - cos if you did you wouldn't be able to open the lid - hence the dryer on the wall.
Ahh.......Now I see.

We haven't got a tumble dryer. Just an old frontloader BOSCH which I bought 4 years ago for 50 bucks. Cracking little thing it is.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Also if you have a top loader and the tumble dryer is above it, you're standing emptying the washer and pushing it straight into the dryer, no bending up and down all the time.
Reminds me of that old Viz Character - Simon Lotion - Time and Motion.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:32 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Just to make you feel relatively sensible, we were in Sydney last week looking at rentals and at the first house, we thought they had the dryer upside down 'cos the controls were at the bottom.

Now the reason I searched for washing machines - I'm going to need to buy all my white goods when I get there.

Friends have given me a couple of sites to look at and I can't believe the choice I haven't bought a washer, dryer or fridge since 1982. Any recommendations? TIA.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Just to make you feel relatively sensible, we were in Sydney last week looking at rentals and at the first house, we thought they had the dryer upside down 'cos the controls were at the bottom.

Now the reason I searched for washing machines - I'm going to need to buy all my white goods when I get there.

Friends have given me a couple of sites to look at and I can't believe the choice I haven't bought a washer, dryer or fridge since 1982. Any recommendations? TIA.
The wife?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:13 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Why have a dryer above the washing machine when you can buy a combo? Or dont they sell combo's in Oz??
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:42 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
The wife?
I am the wife, dahling. :P

I used to have a combo in the UK - bought it way back in 1982 and it's probably still going strong at my Dad's house now! Downside of those is, the drying capacity is as small as the washer - yes, that's obvious, but usually dryers have more than washers - and you have to wait for one load to dry before starting on another wash. It was great when I was single, though.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:42 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TJUK
Why have a dryer above the washing machine when you can buy a combo? Or dont they sell combo's in Oz??
Yes, combos are very common. I prefer two separate devices so that I can use both at once (amongst othere things).
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
snakes don't climb walls ?
Just one fatal flaw with that logic...

they can!!!