British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Washing help required (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/washing-help-required-516010/)

Glasgowlass Feb 21st 2008 1:01 am

Washing help required

I've got a make up stain ona brand new yellow top and I canny get it out. I've pre stain removered, soaked, washed and it's still there as strong as it was. Anybody got any tips? Thanks

AndyR1976 Feb 21st 2008 1:09 am

Re: Washing help required

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass (Post 5962070)
I've got a make up stain ona brand new yellow top and I canny get it out. I've pre stain removered, soaked, washed and it's still there as strong as it was. Anybody got any tips? Thanks

I have the exact solution you are looking for.

Lay the garment down on a flat surface, gently stretch it until the stained area is easily visible.

Get a pair of sharp scissors and cut the stained section of material away - being careful to avoid contaminating other parts of the garment (don't want to completely ruin it!!!

Wash and hang to dry as normal - you will note that there is no longer a stain in the affected area....

No need to thank me!!:lol:

Glasgowlass Feb 21st 2008 1:10 am

Originally Posted by AndyR1976 (Post 5962085)
I have the exact solution you are looking for.

Lay the garment down on a flat surface, gently stretch it until the stained area is easily visible.

Get a pair of sharp scissors and cut the stained section of material away - being careful to avoid contaminating other parts of the garment (don't want to completely ruin it!!!

Wash and hang to dry as normal - you will note that there is no longer a stain in the affected area....

No need to thank me!!:lol:

All good apart from my nipple is now showing!;)

moneypenny20 Feb 21st 2008 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass (Post 5962088)
All good apart from my nipple is now showing!;)

Well you've made Andy a happy man, along with any other bloke you meet whilst wearing it:lol: Have you tried one of the stain remover bottles that does different stains depending on what caused it?

Mumfords Feb 21st 2008 1:19 am

try vinegar

Ann

Glasgowlass Feb 21st 2008 1:24 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5962095)
Well you've made Andy a happy man, along with any other bloke you meet whilst wearing it:lol: Have you tried one of the stain remover bottles that does different stains depending on what caused it?

Originally Posted by Mumfords (Post 5962104)
try vinegar

Ann

Thank You both. I'll try the Vinegar now and see how I go. If not it'll be a trip to the detergent aisle for me tonight.:D

lynnj Feb 21st 2008 1:29 am

try an eye make up remover but not one that is for waterproof make up as it will most likey leave a greasy mark.

FRAYNE Feb 21st 2008 4:24 am

Try google there are loads of tips, it all depends on what type of material it is:)
Janet

AndyR1976 Feb 21st 2008 4:39 am

I still say removing the stained areas with scissors is the only way to ensure that the stain is 100% removed!!!

Glasgowlass Feb 21st 2008 4:51 am

Originally Posted by AndyR1976 (Post 5962499)
I still say removing the stained areas with scissors is the only way to ensure that the stain is 100% removed!!!

Thank you Andy or should that be HAndy?:p

scrum Feb 21st 2008 6:13 am

Try putting a little washing up liquid on it. Make sure you DONT use the green type (it can stain if it drys) use a yellow colour. Leave it for a while but don't let it dry and then wash in your machine as usual.

It's always worked for me.

Trish

Bernieboy Feb 21st 2008 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Mumfords (Post 5962104)
try vinegar

Ann

I think she wants to wear it not EAT it;)

aston man Feb 21st 2008 8:22 am

i used to go out with a dry cleaner,ive just rung her..

she said ,battery acid,,pour it on to the stain and you will never know it was there..;)hope that helps..

ast

Shakmaty Feb 21st 2008 8:33 am

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298396

chris and farideh Feb 21st 2008 8:47 am

try baby wipes.;)