warning nubie alert

Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

hagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nice
Default warning nubie alert

ok me and the wife have reached our limit in the uk, was thinking of moving to oz.
i am a sparky,wife is disabled,was thinking of the south coast(cooler) but other than that no idea where to settle
been to a thinking Australia seminar are they the best to use?is there any to avoid.
seems a 175 is the way to go with a vetasses thrown in.
we have no saving and are renting
are we mad , have anybody else been hear?

Last edited by hagueok; Oct 10th 2008 at 7:17 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice
Default Re: warning nubie alert

Hi hun,

A big welcome to the forums.

We are in same boat. Gary is a spark and I am semi-disabled with 2 young children. W are going on 175 visas (skilled) to Perth area. They are building like mad over there so job security is at an advantage there. We are going to the Leeds Job Expo on the 18th Oct next week to talk to employers and give out CV's.

What made you pick south coast?

Jo

Originally Posted by hagueok
ok me and the wife have reached our limit in the uk, was thinking of moving to oz.
i am a sparky,wife is disabled,was thinking of the south coast(cooler) but other than that no idea where to settle
been to a thinking Australia seminar are they the best to use?is there any to avoid.
seems a 715 is the way to go with a vetasses thrown in.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

hagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nicehagueok is just really nice

just because its cooler ,to give us time to adjust to the warmer climes.
very laid back about where we end up just as long as we get there.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Oz Dreaming is on a distinguished road

Hi hagueok

I know the feeling we are totally fed up with UK. We did the 175 route (Industrial Engineer). Have you been to Oz before? I would definately visit there before you make a decision to apply for a visa. There are positives and negatives to oz and all depends what you are looking for but overall we believe oz will be better for us than the UK. We applied for the visa ourselves but still found the whole visa process very expensive.

You may also want to check whether your Wife's disability will be a problem with the Visa medical (Check the immi.gov.au website)

Anyway good luck hope this helps
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:26 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, Welcome to the site .
If I was you I'd lock myself away with the pc and have a rumage through the australia forums.Research, Research and some more Research lol.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

hi oz d.
we would like to try before we buy but...
i feel that to visit would be a good idea but the wife says a , thats £3000 out of our budget that we don't have ,and that it could be put to the cost of the visa.
and if we go we go to stop we make it in aus or we die,( metaphorical speaking of course)
but thats a long way off yet as i havent even started doing anything yet.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:55 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys wecome to the forum

did you know that sparkies have there own section on here
( cos we are special )
its full of info and useful stuff regarding getting your skills assessed etc

regards steve
link to sparkies bit
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97
Old Oct 11th 2008, 3:39 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Before you get ahead of yourself do you know if your wife's disability will cause problems in the medicals? She would need to pass the medicals as well.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
Before you get ahead of yourself do you know if your wife's disability will cause problems in the medicals? She would need to pass the medicals as well.

Firstly I misread your title as nudie and now I am most disappointed Welcome to the mad house of BE. I have to agree with Comet's reply. What sort of disabillity has your wife got as this would be a big factor in the meds.

Jo
Old Oct 11th 2008, 5:16 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joho
Firstly I misread your title as nudie and now I am most disappointed
I think the OP meant "newbie". I had to think about it for a minute as well!
Old Oct 11th 2008, 5:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

AS far as your actual visa is concerned, you need to do some research on the DIAC website www.immi.gov.au and then post any questions on the Immigration forum here.
Talking to an agent experienced in medical issues would be good too.
Maybe Ian Harrop, George Lombard or Peter Bollard (all their contact details are on here many times )
Old Oct 11th 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

koalatea is on a distinguished road

The wife and I arrived here (Melbourne) in March with nowhere to live, no jobs and about 5k British in our accounts. She got teaching work pretty quickly, I've been a bit slower with my work, but only needed one of us working full time to survive and we're having a great time.

Loads of Aussie mates, living in a beautiful cottage in teh heart of the city, just bought our big ol' barbie this morning ready for a party tomorrow.

we've had problems along the way - healthwise, etc - but have got on with it and focused on why we're here. I reckon if your attitude's right and you're not desperately unlucky, you'll be right.

(And, forgive me if this is shameless, but a fair few of our stories and observations can be found by clicking on the links at the bottom of this email.......)

Do it!
Old Oct 11th 2008, 8:57 am
Just Joined

nubie/newbie. not much difference lol.
wife's problems are, pain in the arse husband,kids that don't do as there told.
you mean medical problems, ok.
they are asthma,arthritis,high b.p.mild depression.
husband too has high bp.
but when we had a chat to t.a. they did not see this as a problem.
this site is brilliant trouble is there too much info on here , it over whelms you.
still good tho.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

nubie/newbie. not much difference lol.
wife's problems are, pain in the arse husband,kids that don't do as there told.
you mean medical problems, ok.
they are asthma,arthritis,high b.p.mild depression.
husband too has high bp.
but when we had a chat to t.a. they did not see this as a problem.
this site is brilliant trouble is there too much info on here , it over whelms you.
still good tho.

Who are t.a. ?
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope your names after the city in Holland and not William.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.