Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Warning: The Following Thread Contains Graphic descriptions of QUILTING

Wikiposts

Warning: The Following Thread Contains Graphic descriptions of QUILTING

Old Apr 15th 2012, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Warning: The Following Thread Contains Graphic descriptions of QUILTING

Hearts and Squares...

Cot Sized...

48.... 6 inch blocks 8 x 6 layout

1/2 inch sashing between blocks and first border

2inch border

1/4 inch peep border

4 inch border...

Antique Pinks, creams and mauves....

3 different block background fabrics arrange in medium, light, lightest to create a diagonal pattern in the background...

Every block has a heart raw edged machine appliqed on it (required stabilising URGHH)

Every one of the 48 hearts is a different fabric

Get the picture?
Old Apr 15th 2012, 8:05 pm
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of
Default Re: Warning: The Following Thread Contains Graphic descriptions of QUILTING

Thought you quitted?

Last edited by Paul2O; Apr 15th 2012 at 8:10 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 15th 2012, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warning: The Following Thread Contains Graphic descriptions of QUILTING

Nope, my financial adviser has told me I will never be in a position to retire
Old Apr 15th 2012, 8:28 pm
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
At least you will be warm.(insert snuggle icon)
Old Apr 15th 2012, 9:21 pm
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of

Well, glad to have you back.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:12 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Get the picture?
Yes, but are you allowed to email photos like that? Im pretty board minded but there is a limit.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Yes, but are you allowed to email photos like that? Im pretty board minded but there is a limit.
That is DEEPLY Freudian...

And FYI it's spelt "BORED"
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:34 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

That is DEEPLY Freudian...

And FYI it's spelt "BORED"
Freudian slip? I like it better when you were that little negligible.

Old Apr 16th 2012, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds great Eddie. If I could see you would inspire me to get out my sewing machine and make something.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
It sounds great Eddie. If I could see you would inspire me to get out my sewing machine and make something.
Caroline, you should check Diane Rose's site... She is inspirational... Its called The Amazing Quilter.... She is a blind quilter....
Old Apr 17th 2012, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline, you should check Diane Rose's site... She is inspirational... Its called The Amazing Quilter.... She is a blind quilter....
I'm intrigued......how does she thread her needles? I can't do mine now without a lot of cussing, even with my glasses on. And I don't have a needle threader either, except DD when she is home.

Oh, I've got to go and pick her up from the airport soon, but I'm taking the train as it is too wet to drive. That'll be another $50.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have 10 kg of scrap quilting fabric on its way.....

Thats anywhere from 50-70 meters by my calculations...a moda fat quarter weighs approx 30 grams... But fabrics have different weights ...

All offcuts and left overs and samples...

Dreading having to explain it to HIM....

Hoping it arrives AFTER he has gone to work and that I have time to sort, fold and stash it Before HE gets home from work....

Knowing my luck it will rock up on a saturday morning....

Meantime I MUST get on with this bloody hearts and squares quilt.... Mumbles knocked the rows off my design wall last night by accident and I have to go figure which order they we in before I can sew them together....

I may be gone some time.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have fun sorting.

My ex boss turned up yesterday with cards from the kiddies and staff, and $120 in cash for me as she hadn't had time to buy a present. That was appreciated, as I thought after 6 weeks they had all forgotten me.

Today I spent $31 on 3 swimming costumes and a skirt - for my daughter!!!

Memo to self, make sure I spend some of it on me.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Have fun sorting.

My ex boss turned up yesterday with cards from the kiddies and staff, and $120 in cash for me as she hadn't had time to buy a present. That was appreciated, as I thought after 6 weeks they had all forgotten me.

Today I spent $31 on 3 swimming costumes and a skirt - for my daughter!!!

Memo to self, make sure I spend some of it on me.
You are so lucky... Would much rather have cold hard cash than some bloody stupid flowers....
Old Apr 18th 2012, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

OakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Warning: The Following Thread Contains Graphic descriptions of QUILTING

Some ideas for you My aunt loves quilting!
Attached Thumbnails Warning: The Following Thread Contains Graphic descriptions of QUILTING-quilt-1.jpg   Warning: The Following Thread Contains Graphic descriptions of QUILTING-quilt-3.jpg   Warning: The Following Thread Contains Graphic descriptions of QUILTING-quilt-2.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.