Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WARNING ! beware of etihad airways !

WARNING ! beware of etihad airways !

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:19 am

manc in exile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WARNING ! beware of etihad airways !

have just returned fron brisbane with this airline , the food on board is dreadful, if you have kids take lots with you as we ordered childrens meals and they were awful ! the starter on the kids trays was cold pasta with coleslaw, the main was dried up smash and awful white sausages. From bne to sin the choice was seafood pasta or lamb, rocket science tells you that probably 80% of people are going to choose lamb yet they ran out of it after about 6 rows.From sin to auh we had a hot meal and then cake and coffee before landing, we were all hungry.The entertainment was faulty, so no films etc for 15 hrs which couldnt be fixed. Saying that the staff were ok but the whole experience just smacked of cheapness, from now on will stick to the finest and the best singapore airlines no one can beat them in my opinion.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WARNING ! beware of etihad airways !

Originally Posted by manc in exile
have just returned fron brisbane with this airline , the food on board is dreadful, if you have kids take lots with you as we ordered childrens meals and they were awful ! the starter on the kids trays was cold pasta with coleslaw, the main was dried up smash and awful white sausages. From bne to sin the choice was seafood pasta or lamb, rocket science tells you that probably 80% of people are going to choose lamb yet they ran out of it after about 6 rows.From sin to auh we had a hot meal and then cake and coffee before landing, we were all hungry.The entertainment was faulty, so no films etc for 15 hrs which couldnt be fixed. Saying that the staff were ok but the whole experience just smacked of cheapness, from now on will stick to the finest and the best singapore airlines no one can beat them in my opinion.
my mum arrived two weeks ago from uk to brisbane with etihad and said they were excellent! no two flights will ever be the same eh, and lets face it, i suppose the old saying goes, you get what you pay for, the ticket was 400 pounds cheaper than singapore
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:12 pm
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold

I flew with Etihad from Sydney to Manchester when they first started up and i thought they were excellent.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:42 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by manc in exile
im with you singapore airlines the best
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

char1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've flew with Etihad 4 times and thought they were brilliant. Admittedly they also ran out of one choice of meal and had entertainment problems for a short while but it was quickly resolved. I flew from London to South Africa via Abu Dhabi and it was the cheapest by a long way!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Yuck, I hate airline food anyway

Donna.
x
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:38 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Etihad was fine for me but luckily I liked the alternative to the popular meal.
The entertainment was brilliant for a deaf person as they had a lot of foreign films with english subtitles which was great for me.

I can only compare them with Qantas and I found them equally good
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turtletom
I flew with Etihad from Sydney to Manchester when they first started up and i thought they were excellent.
Yeah i flew with them last year too - and I was very impressed!

(hi Tom xxx)
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:44 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

So long as they don't crash or run out of booze they're OK in my book.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Hey you listed the 2 main priorities!

When I flew back with them they didn't seem overly keen to keep going round with the drinks trolley, so me and a few passengers began a party in the aisle by helping ourselves to the drinks and nibbles while the hostess team relaxed. They seemed ok with that
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:15 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We're going back Cathay Pacific this year, just like last year. They are a very good airline in my opinion and Hong Kong is great.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:37 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of crashing did anyone see the Lufthansa landing yesterday? brown trousers for all onboard I would dare to say! It reminded me of a landing I had at Stanstead one year (in a gale) the only time we were level was when the wheels hit the ground (a few white faces when we got off).

Originally Posted by renth