Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The warm and fuzzy feel good thread...

Wikiposts

The warm and fuzzy feel good thread...

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 4:08 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default The warm and fuzzy feel good thread...

Thought it might be a fun idea to share things that our friends or rellies have done that restore our faith in human nature.

S'pose I ought to start. Well, recently dad's been extremely poorly and has been in and out of hospital. The care he received whilst in hospital was, shall we say, questionable at best. Because he has been in so many times, for weeks at a time, you get to see a deeper insight into how hospitals are run. It wasn't good (sometimes not the nurses fault I must add). Anyway, when he was really poorly he hated being in hospital, the care was lacking but there was one nurse in particular who took the time to sit with him (when she could), talk to him and just be there (he was in a side room as he had to be isolated). She would even give him a peck on his forehead! In my eyes, she was an absolute angel.

D D
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The warm and fuzzy feel good thread...

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Thought it might be a fun idea to share things that our friends or rellies have done that restore our faith in human nature.

S'pose I ought to start. Well, recently dad's been extremely poorly and has been in and out of hospital. The care he received whilst in hospital was, shall we say, questionable at best. Because he has been in so many times, for weeks at a time, you get to see a deeper insight into how hospitals are run. It wasn't good (sometimes not the nurses fault I must add). Anyway, when he was really poorly he hated being in hospital, the care was lacking but there was one nurse in particular who took the time to sit with him (when she could), talk to him and just be there (he was in a side room as he had to be isolated). She would even give him a peck on his forehead! In my eyes, she was an absolute angel.

D D
sorry to hear your dad has been so poorly, it seems there are a lot of parents lately who have been so poorly or even left us dosent it.

i know someone will answer this thread dd with the same issues you've come accross with the hospitals and nursing staff and unfortunately nurses arent always shown in a good light, which as a nurse it makes me feel so sad!

i'm glad there are still some angels left, like to say i'd be one of those who still cares! its just knowing that a couple of minutes can make a huge difference to not only a patients well being but for the families too.

hope your dad gets well soon

debbie xx
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:31 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
sorry to hear your dad has been so poorly, it seems there are a lot of parents lately who have been so poorly or even left us dosent it.

i know someone will answer this thread dd with the same issues you've come accross with the hospitals and nursing staff and unfortunately nurses arent always shown in a good light, which as a nurse it makes me feel so sad!

i'm glad there are still some angels left, like to say i'd be one of those who still cares! its just knowing that a couple of minutes can make a huge difference to not only a patients well being but for the families too.

hope your dad gets well soon

debbie xx
Aw, thanks Debbie.

Just thought it would be nice to share some 'good' stories for a change, could be about absolutely anything.

D D xxx
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, thanks Debbie.

Just thought it would be nice to share some 'good' stories for a change, could be about absolutely anything.

D D xxx

your right DD, lets have some nice feelgood threads eh.......

well, after the week we've all had here, hubby put his arms around me and just said 'i love you and whatever happens and where ever we end up,we'll be together with the kids'
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

your right DD, lets have some nice feelgood threads eh.......

well, after the week we've all had here, hubby put his arms around me and just said 'i love you and whatever happens and where ever we end up,we'll be together with the kids'

Aw bless him
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=WendyC]Aw bless him [/QUOT

yep, got a gud un this time round
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:02 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=debbiemc]
Originally Posted by WendyC
Aw bless him [/QUOT

yep, got a gud un this time round
Awww this is a nice idea!

I've probably got a few but the one that springs to mind is my hubby. I'd been going through a really rough patch a couple of months ago and struggling to cope - he simply said to me "God Rach, emotionally you are the strongest woman I know"! Doesn't sound much I know but after having such a shit few months it is something that has stuck in my head and helped me through. Bless him
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:38 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

D D
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:45 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Two people spring to mind straight away.

When I was living at the hospital and hospice when Mum was ill, Gobbyjock phoned me almost every night on my mobile for a chat.

Sleeping on three hard chairs pushed together, with my coat for a pillow in a hospital dayroom was incredibly lonely.

Gobbyjock kept my spirits up and has continuted to keep in touch.

Sorcha, who doesnt post alot on here, also phoned me after Mum had died and continues to call me several times a week.

This has meant alot to me and I don't know if they realise how much. Both women have seen me through really low/tearful times, have been incredibly supportive and I have only met Gobbyjock once! and haven't even met Sorcha.

So thanks to both of you, you have helped me more than you think and I won't forget it.

Samantha
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:00 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Two people spring to mind straight away.

When I was living at the hospital and hospice when Mum was ill, Gobbyjock phoned me almost every night on my mobile for a chat.

Sleeping on three hard chairs pushed together, with my coat for a pillow in a hospital dayroom was incredibly lonely.

Gobbyjock kept my spirits up and has continuted to keep in touch.

Sorcha, who doesnt post alot on here, also phoned me after Mum had died and continues to call me several times a week.

This has meant alot to me and I don't know if they realise how much. Both women have seen me through really low/tearful times, have been incredibly supportive and I have only met Gobbyjock once! and haven't even met Sorcha.

So thanks to both of you, you have helped me more than you think and I won't forget it.

Samantha

Sob, sob...thats so lovely...sob...where's the kleenex....aren't some people just amazing, even ones we don't know very well or haven't known for very long! I think this thread is going to bit a bit emotional

Love jackie
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:05 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Sob, sob...thats so lovely...sob...where's the kleenex....aren't some people just amazing, even ones we don't know very well or haven't known for very long! I think this thread is going to bit a bit emotional

Love jackie
Lol

Some people dont know when they have helped others and need to be told.

Although the title of the thread is wrong now, Im so not fuzzy, I shaved this evening
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:09 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: dont tell baz!!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

dont you dare lady

hows thing sue
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

while watching 10 years younger last night,my young daughter said "dont worry mum,you wont need a facelift till next year at least" bless x irish
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by irishbloo
while watching 10 years younger last night,my young daughter said "dont worry mum,you wont need a facelift till next year at least" bless x irish

I watched a programme about face lifts. Ive never thought about it up until now.

Im not sure if I would have one, dont think I would borrow money for one but if it was on offer....

Second thoughts, I dont do pain.