Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under - 15 minutes of my life gone

Wikiposts

Wanted Down Under - 15 minutes of my life gone

Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:09 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanted Down Under - 15 minutes of my life gone

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You should stop by my house. "What Do You Want For Dinner?" becomes like one of these shows only with the ***ts, b'stards, fights, threats of divorce and comes complete with hateful people.
There's a lot of it about

I've got Sex And The City on now, my life is over, I need a mid-life crisis, I think I'll start an affair.

Or get a model train set, the jury is out ...
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:12 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
There's a lot of it about

I've got Sex And The City on now, my life is over, I need a mid-life crisis, I think I'll start an affair.

Or get a model train set, the jury is out ...
Sex and the City?? Have you no self respect Vim ?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I am now watching Escape To The Country ... Escape With A ***t more like ... B'stards ... Once again lots of ummming and ahhhing and no decision, no fight, no divorce ... Hateful people ...
Thought it was good today on wanted down under, when they got them to meet other expats, and the couple they met brought fish and chips, not that much of a surprise as they own a fish and chip shop and were featured on the Phil Spencer programme last week as a couple that had made a big sucess of their relocation to Oz.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:32 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Sex and the City?? Have you no self respect Vim ?
Hey look, I had the sex too ... I'm one up on Oedipus Prime in The Lounge at least

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Thought it was good today on wanted down under, when they got them to meet other expats, and the couple they met brought fish and chips, not that much of a surprise as they own a fish and chip shop and were featured on the Phil Spencer programme last week as a couple that had made a big sucess of their relocation to Oz.
Incestuous indeed
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:03 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I am now watching Escape To The Country ... Escape With A ***t more like ... B'stards ... Once again lots of ummming and ahhhing and no decision, no fight, no divorce ... Hateful people ...
I know I'm a desperate saddo, but I enjoy watching 'oh lets buy a house somewhere completely different' type shows.

Escape to the Country is full of indecisive, timewasting arseholes. I've probably watched thousands of programmes (see - sad) and hardly any of them ever buy anything. I don't think its helped that the producers find houses for them to look at that bear no relevance to the brief. Give me Phil and Kirsty any day - at least they generally make them buy something
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I know I'm a desperate saddo, but I enjoy watching 'oh lets buy a house somewhere completely different' type shows.

Escape to the Country is full of indecisive, timewasting arseholes. I've probably watched thousands of programmes (see - sad) and hardly any of them ever buy anything. I don't think its helped that the producers find houses for them to look at that bear no relevance to the brief. Give me Phil and Kirsty any day - at least they generally make them buy something

All Escape to The Country tells me is that property in some idyllic parts of rural England is not that cheap, really.

I don't mind the indecision. What gets me is that no amount of saying "Oohh...nice aspect" will make you sound knowledgeable especially when you've missed the bit of the book that told you that you CAN change the colour of the paint, and move in your own furniture.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

rich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nice

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

All Escape to The Country tells me is that property in some idyllic parts of rural England is not that cheap, really.

I don't mind the indecision. What gets me is that no amount of saying "Oohh...nice aspect" will make you sound knowledgeable especially when you've missed the bit of the book that told you that you CAN change the colour of the paint, and move in your own furniture.
All any property programs tell you is the property aint cheap....from the wonderful homes under the hammer (ahh student days) to Wanted Down under or Escape to the Country!!

Always makes a change on these tv shows when you actually see someone buy a property!! Once a series if your lucky event!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:20 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Apart from the Phil and Kirsty programme you rarely find out what eventually happened. Wish they would tell you whether they bought the house they said they were going to make an offer on, and that 'Place in the Sun, Home or Away' is worse, especially with Jasmine flashing her tits at every opportunity, nice to look at, but doesn't help the programme..