Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under - 15 minutes of my life gone

Wikiposts

Wanted Down Under - 15 minutes of my life gone

Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:51 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wanted Down Under - 15 minutes of my life gone

Look, I don't usually watch these things but it was on UKNova and focussed on Brisbane and the Gold Coast so I thought I'd give it a gander.

Suffice to say I spent most of the time on 8x fast forward (thank you digital media).

Precis - Bloke and woman plus young kid head out, think they can afford more than they can, get shown houses in Legoland suburbia with poky gardens, fail to explore further afield and complain that there isn't enough space for the kid to grow up. Woman starts exercise by saying she'll miss family, surprisingly nothing changes, she predictably bails out.

I'm now going to clean the patio roof in penance.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:55 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanted Down Under - 15 minutes of my life gone

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Look, I don't usually watch these things but it was on UKNova and focussed on Brisbane and the Gold Coast so I thought I'd give it a gander.

Suffice to say I spent most of the time on 8x fast forward (thank you digital media).

Precis - Bloke and woman plus young kid head out, think they can afford more than they can, get shown houses in Legoland suburbia with poky gardens, fail to explore further afield and complain that there isn't enough space for the kid to grow up. Woman starts exercise by saying she'll miss family, surprisingly nothing changes, she predictably bails out.

Will you fall off?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Our tank filter needs cleaning if you're looking for a job. What are you doing with the TV on during the day anyway, I could have told you it's not worth it. Music is the way to go during the day.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 1:35 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Music is the way to go during the day.
I like your style moneypenny.

re: "Wanted down under" - that was 15minutes of your life that you could have spent on BE.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:21 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Will you fall off?
Not yet, the job is only half done though

Our tank filter needs cleaning if you're looking for a job. What are you doing with the TV on during the day anyway, I could have told you it's not worth it. Music is the way to go during the day.
Plenty to do around here ... Oh what a shame it's raining, can't dig out that path now

Originally Posted by asprilla
I like your style moneypenny.

re: "Wanted down under" - that was 15minutes of your life that you could have spent on BE.
There IS that ... I'm going the music and patio route ...
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:53 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely time you got a job, Vim.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:01 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Seasider
Definitely time you got a job, Vim.
I suspect so ... unfortunately the patio still isn't finished and the pressure is on to get the place ship-shape for a kid's birthday party.

I know, excuses ... I may cast my eye over the Seek emails tomorrow ...
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:16 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of legoland they could have bought bogan acerage at a knock down price believeing themselves to be kings and above the average legoland chav

Wanted down under is as real as Corronation street. Get back on the roof and do some hard yakka king Vim
Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

If you see another one on TV, rest assured it will be the same show- possibly with different people, possibly a different destination, but with the same words and trite crap spouted by the presenter in the vague hope of making it a 'cliffhanger' moment.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

currently in uk, you cant help but watch it, car crash tv.

take family who are super close to their huge fantastic extended family, wind up the kids in every episode, give them have a nice day at themepark, then a vote

show people property they cant afford, then australia comes out more affordable erm 50k wage and almost two thirds after tax on mortage alone, but its more affordable??? nope sorry you would be broke.

some of the destinations are funny pacific pines again.... ipswich, darwin, and you never get to see them in mid summer, so the weathers always fab, yeah wait till summer mate

and shorter hours, everyone looks so shocked when they discover the working week is as bad/worse than uk, love the episode where it rains though and someone says we didnt expect that right back on the plane its raining
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:23 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

That should read Penzance?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
That should read Penzance?
I don't think so, he's 'supposedly' down the road from me
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:47 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Instead of legoland they could have bought bogan acerage at a knock down price believeing themselves to be kings and above the average legoland chav

Wanted down under is as real as Corronation street. Get back on the roof and do some hard yakka king Vim
Look, I'm only trying to help people here, peeps live where they like but I fail to see the point of moving from one housing estate to another ... the dopey bint in this show even complained about one barking dog ... one!

I feel unclean for watching this, it was a weak moment and I'll be back up the ladder tomorrow ...

To all the Legolanders out there, you enjoy yourselves ...
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:50 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by jad n rich
currently in uk, you cant help but watch it, car crash tv.

show people property they cant afford, then australia comes out more affordable erm 50k wage and almost two thirds after tax on mortage alone, but its more affordable??? nope sorry you would be broke.

some of the destinations are funny pacific pines again.... ipswich, darwin, and you never get to see them in mid summer, so the weathers always fab, yeah wait till summer mate

and shorter hours, everyone looks so shocked when they discover the working week is as bad/worse than uk, love the episode where it rains though and someone says we didnt expect that right back on the plane its raining
Don't remind me, it was a weak moment I tell you!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:51 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think so, he's 'supposedly' down the road from me
Round the bend I think. However, to DV, rural rocks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.