British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Wagga wagga or Orange? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/wagga-wagga-orange-651080/)

zakuro Jan 25th 2010 3:50 am

Wagga wagga or Orange?

Just got two job offers from Wagga and Orange. Still looking for more info about these two places before I make a decision. They seem to have similar population, weather, lifestyle?, and take about the same time to the metro area. If I need to travel pretty often to Sydney, prefer a place with better scenery and energetic lifestyle, which one should I choose? I heard that wagga is the biggest inner city in NSW, but strangely I found much less rental info online for this area than for Orange...

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Very Happy Jan 25th 2010 3:56 am

Re: Wagga wagga or Orange?

Orange is a booming country town, great vineyards and food scene. I know where I'd choose.

stevenglish Jan 25th 2010 5:46 am

I've worked in both a fair bit, and I have to say Wagga gets my vote, loved my time there, Junee is great too (not far from Wagga)

Orange is also a lovely place though, difficult decision.

Good luck I'm sure you'll make the right decision

Steve

TiddlyPom Jan 25th 2010 7:48 am

Originally Posted by stevenglish (Post 8279285)
I've worked in both a fair bit, and I have to say Wagga gets my vote, loved my time there, Junee is great too (not far from Wagga)

Orange is also a lovely place though, difficult decision.

Good luck I'm sure you'll make the right decision

Steve

I think Orange to Sydney is better for travel...

stevenglish Jan 25th 2010 9:49 am

Fair point, you'd get a lovely trip through the Blue Mountains, which can't be bad

seang Jan 25th 2010 11:21 am

based on my own extensive experiences (I have driven through both) Orange deffo.

TiddlyPom Jan 25th 2010 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish (Post 8279642)
Fair point, you'd get a lovely trip through the Blue Mountains, which can't be bad

It's not bad at all. :D

I regularly go out to Orange from the BM's... for work and for pleasure. I love the feel, the architecture in the main town, great restaurants, good shopping. Lovely wine...

Keith&Lol Jan 26th 2010 12:17 am

Originally Posted by zakuro (Post 8279041)
Just got two job offers from Wagga and Orange. Still looking for more info about these two places before I make a decision. They seem to have similar population, weather, lifestyle?, and take about the same time to the metro area. If I need to travel pretty often to Sydney, prefer a place with better scenery and energetic lifestyle, which one should I choose? I heard that wagga is the biggest inner city in NSW, but strangely I found much less rental info online for this area than for Orange...

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

We made the move to Wagga over 2 n half yrs ago and we loved it, my eldest son moved to Orange, he likes it there but not as much as Wagga, Orange is smaller than Wagga, the town centre is smaller, doesn't seem to have as many options as Wagga.
We lived just outside Wagga in Forest Hill a lovely place with real friendly people, it has a great primary school, my daughter loved it there. Property is very affordable and it's quiet and relaxed, has a couple of wineries, a chocolate factory in Junee (where you can see it being made). If you need any more info pm me and I can give you specifics.