Wikiposts

Vodafone Issues

Old Dec 29th 2010, 4:42 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vodafone Issues

Originally Posted by gedge
From a friend at Telstra.. the TIO doesn't often follow a single complaint, they more compile them together and when it is deemed that the telco is failing it's customers then it will impose hefty fines. So it's more a case of quantity than quality of complaints.
Oh god, what should I do now? Wait until the deadline imposed by TIO or call them now and try and find a resolution, although the thought of being on the phone for an hour talking to someone with language/communication difficulties fills me with dread, not to mention be yet again told my suburb is 'the best in Australia' and yet again, be offered a new sim card.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 5:00 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Oh god, what should I do now? Wait until the deadline imposed by TIO or call them now and try and find a resolution, although the thought of being on the phone for an hour talking to someone with language/communication difficulties fills me with dread, not to mention be yet again told my suburb is 'the best in Australia' and yet again, be offered a new sim card.
dunno mate, i'm considering my options with them too, why can't they just admit their failings and compensate everyone
Old Dec 29th 2010, 5:43 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
dunno mate, i'm considering my options with them too, why can't they just admit their failings and compensate everyone
I just want out of the contract, they are making it so stressful on everyone concerned. I shall call them next week and if we cant get a resolution, I shall call the TIO as instructed and take it from there. I am tempted to cancel the contract and let them take me to court.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
They sent me a text apolgising for any problems that I had over the weekend.I presume they meant with my phone and not just general problems.
Pennytel use them as a link to mobile calls.... Pennytel gave away free 10,000,000 minutes and crashed every phone system they connected too including their own. They totally stuffed all incoming calls to China from Aus as well apparently.

I was not a happy chappy. I'd say that was the bulk last weekends problems.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know what has happened to them to suddenly have all these issues?
Old Dec 29th 2010, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by fish.01
Not sure but they have admitted to me it will take a while to resolve. I sent a message to my husband this morning that he received 5 times and 5 times I was charged, dont know why that is happening. And I cannot get internet on my phone at all.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 10:36 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

How's everyone going? (I'm now on Telstra.)

Thought you might be interested in this:

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sec...108-19j9j.html
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Seasider
How's everyone going? (I'm now on Telstra.)

Thought you might be interested in this:

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sec...108-19j9j.html
On the news this morning - I am ****ing horrified.

They made me go into the store yesterday to get a new sim card 'to resolve my issues', they denied having major signal issues as well.

I am receiving my messages/voicemails days after they have been sent, my calls are dropping out, I havent made any calls on my new sim card yet but Vodashite have said if I am still having problems 'they will consider releasing me from my contract' - bastards.

Now this recent news has made me furious, what do we do? They havent told us what to do, do we change our bank accounts? Jesus Christ, they are so crap they cant even advise us what to do, they havent even gone to the cops about the breach of security.

I am contemplating phoning them up now, actually I am angry enough so that is what I am going to do.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:03 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I still find it hard to believe that your contract is not already ended because Vodafone are in breach of it - you contract them, and pay them, to provide a service to you. Seems like basic BTEC Law to me.

Just googled it: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1598480

Haven't read right down this one: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1614444
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:10 pm

I still find it hard to believe that your contract is not already ended because Vodafone are in breach of it - you contract them, and pay them, to provide a service to you. Seems like basic BTEC Law to me.

Just googled it: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1598480

Haven't read right down this one: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1614444
The TIO wont do anything until the specified timeframe which is up tomorrow I do believe.

I have a signal this morning but if I call someone, I will invariably lose that signal and be cut off.

I have left a message on the callback service but wont hold my breath that they will call me back and even then they cannot understand my accent so I normally get transferred several times.

I shall try customer service one more time tomorrow and then I will call the TIO back and tell them I cannot get through. On a different note, I wonder how Telstra differs with the security of customer details and keeping them safe.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:33 pm
Auntie Fa

Oh I'm sure they're all as bad as the other in many respects!

My SIM didn't arrive the day it was supposed to and when The Geek chased them at 4pm all they would say is, it will be delivered between 8am and 5pm. He said, so it's 4pm, what if it doesn't arrive? They said, it will be delivered between 8am and 5pm. Couldn't deviate from the script. It arrived the next day, after he had again chased it.

Then he spent most of the evening onto Customer Services as my number didn't port properly after the advised amount of time - at one stage I could make calls and send texts from Telstra, receive calls from a landline, but all inward mobile calls and texts were still going to Vodafone. He told them what he thought needed fixing but he ended up getting transferred to numerous departments before it was eventually fixed the next morning.

Then he rang Vodafone and said he wanted a final bill because we'd left. They asked why he wanted to leave ( ) and then looked at my record and said oh, you already have.

On a positive note, so far I've had no problems whatsoever so I'm hoping my beloved but ageing HTC is fine and it really was all Vodafone issues.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 2:48 pm

Oh I'm sure they're all as bad as the other in many respects!

My SIM didn't arrive the day it was supposed to and when The Geek chased them at 4pm all they would say is, it will be delivered between 8am and 5pm. He said, so it's 4pm, what if it doesn't arrive? They said, it will be delivered between 8am and 5pm. Couldn't deviate from the script. It arrived the next day, after he had again chased it.

Then he spent most of the evening onto Customer Services as my number didn't port properly after the advised amount of time - at one stage I could make calls and send texts from Telstra, receive calls from a landline, but all inward mobile calls and texts were still going to Vodafone. He told them what he thought needed fixing but he ended up getting transferred to numerous departments before it was eventually fixed the next morning.

Then he rang Vodafone and said he wanted a final bill because we'd left. They asked why he wanted to leave ( ) and then looked at my record and said oh, you already have.

On a positive note, so far I've had no problems whatsoever so I'm hoping my beloved but ageing HTC is fine and it really was all Vodafone issues.
Im on the phone to them now, apparantly they have had trouble calling me back on my mobile

Dear oh dear! I shall go into the Telstra store direct and they can sort out my number/phone then and there I hope.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 6:57 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I joined Vodafone in June due to Virgin billing me for stuff I did not use. Signal at home is marginal and goes between 3G and Edge. Calls dropout a lot. On the train through Chatswood (where VHA used to be based and there are big towers with their name on) the signal goes all over the place.

At Town Hall I got a good signal but you would hope so considering it is the centre of Sydney. Despite that internet access was awful and latency would swing so wildly at to make surfing on the iPhone impossible.

I have voicemails that turn up days later.

Where I work I have to walk around the office to get a signal and even then it will dropout. Around the corner are some the biggest names in IT in the world so hardly in the sticks. I am continually frustrated by calls dropping out.

And Lara can stuff a marrow in it.

The latest privacy issue is a disgrace. Sounds like anyone with a store ID can access our details from any PC anywhere. Usernames and passwords are shared in the store. There is no second factor authentication which would reduce risk.

Not sure if to TIO or take part in the class action. Hopeless clowns.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
I've heard on ABC 24 that Vodafone has been victim to a security breach and that customer details have been leaked.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:35 pm

Ive been told by Vodafone that the guy I spoke to last week gave me wrong information and I have to pay to get out of the contract. And that things 'might start to improve at end of Jan, however work will continue for at least 3 months but I cannot get out of my contract'

They also said to tell TIO that everything is being sorted and 'will be fixed'. To say I have had enough is an understatement. I shall call TIO back tomorrow but not sure how this will pan out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.