Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Visitors from the uk - with previous positive Covid test

Visitors from the uk - with previous positive Covid test

Old Mar 19th 2022, 6:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitors from the uk - with previous positive Covid test

Originally Posted by artep
For Emirates, he can supply a letter from his GP stating he’s fit to fly with no symptoms, he’s not infectious…yadda yadda yah…present it at check in and he’s fine, good to go.

I called qld health again tonight, as I think the numpty who told me last week he’d have to apply via an app for an exemption was thinking my dad didn’t want to have to test when he got here…which of course he will. The guy I spoke to tonight just said as my dad is triple vaxxed, all he has to do is present his letter, if requested, upon arrival, then take a test within 24 hours of arrival here & stay at my place in the meantime…now if only they’d told me that last week…
That does sound more realistic, and matches with what I hear from people going through the airport. Also fits with the QHealth advice on the Qld link earlier. Emirates are pretty good on making sure their rules are up to date as they've kept flying the whole time (much as I dislike them as an airline, they are good at what they do!)
There is a lot of confusion around the rules here, and the part of the problem is that not everyone who ends up on the phones has had as much training as the next person. I have a friend who did some time on the QHealth COVID helpline last year and he was given a scripting card and 30 minutes training.

Good luck
Old Mar 19th 2022, 8:45 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitors from the uk - with previous positive Covid test

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Emirates are pretty good on making sure their rules are up to date as they've kept flying the whole time (much as I dislike them as an airline, they are good at what they do!)
Yeah they’re not my favourite either, but they serve a purpose and yes, they’re good at keeping their staff up to date on rules. It seems the airlines ‘get it’ , they realise ppl are going to possibly test positive at the last minute and give people the flexibility to reschedule or cancel at the last minute. They also understand people can test positive long after they no longer really have it. QLD on the other hand, if they can’t scorch you with the bloody sun, they’ll burn you at the stake if you don’t fit into their cardboard box

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There is a lot of confusion around the rules here, and the part of the problem is that not everyone who ends up on the phones has had as much training as the next person. I have a friend who did some time on the QHealth COVID helpline last year and he was given a scripting card and 30 minutes training.
Now there’s a terrifying and yet unsurprising thought 😱