Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Visiting Melbourne in April - What will the weather be like?

Visiting Melbourne in April - What will the weather be like?

Old Dec 28th 2009, 2:49 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visiting Melbourne in April - What will the weather be like?

Hi

I am coming to Melbourne in April, my husband is attending a confrence and I get to go too

I have looked at various weather site, but they give very different views of the weather. What do I pack to wear? something light for the days, with something heavier for the evening? plus will I need a light coat for showers?

And advice gratefully recieved.

Miss C
Old Dec 28th 2009, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting Melbourne in April - What will the weather be like?

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Hi

I am coming to Melbourne in April, my husband is attending a confrence and I get to go too

I have looked at various weather site, but they give very different views of the weather. What do I pack to wear? something light for the days, with something heavier for the evening? plus will I need a light coat for showers?

Miss C
http://www.auinfo.com/melbourne-climate.html

I'm sure some Melbournites will be along when they wake up.

Last edited by Alfresco; Dec 28th 2009 at 3:27 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 3:54 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Miss C
You'll need to come prepared for a bit of everything!

April this year was quite extreme.....some hot days and some exceptionally cold ones.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/20...0.200904.shtml

So 2 days at the start of the month at or above 30C. But at the end of the month 4 days around 14C max - and a pretty unpleasant 14C it was too! I think I remember those cold days were record breaking though - in terms of consecutive cold days.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Mornings are starting to brisk up in April.

Hope you are in Melbourne for ANZAC Day, 25th April. The 'special' day in Australia. If you are, come along to the Dawn Service at the War Memorial, and the march that follows.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 6:00 pm

Thanks for your reply guys. Kinda what I thought - a mixed bag.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply guys. Kinda what I thought - a mixed bag.
Gotta be warmer than Ontario though at that time.

Good luck!
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Gotta be warmer than Ontario though at that time.

Good luck!
You better believe it
Old Dec 28th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Love autumn weather in Melbourne usually sunny days and cool nights.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JR230898
Mornings are starting to brisk up in April.
Yes, Melbourne cools off very quickly starting around then. The averages start to go down - probably a month or so sooner than Perth and Sydney, if my memory of the stats serves me.

But it can also be a very stable and pleasant time of year - infact possibly the best.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Stuey26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Come prepared Melbourne is definitely four seasons in one day at that time of year
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuey26
Come prepared Melbourne is definitely four seasons in one day at that time of year
If it's 4 seasons at that time of year there's no hope...
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
If it's 4 seasons at that time of year there's no hope...
Thankfully the OP is only visiting!
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Thankfully the OP is only visiting!

Look, personally I've been led to believe (and through experience) that's it stable. Local and actual conditions notwithstanding..
Old Dec 30th 2009, 12:11 pm

Thanks everyone.

I will be flying into Sydney for a few days at the begining of April then on to Melbourne for a confrence, starting on the 11th for 1 week.

I will just pack everything
Old Dec 30th 2009, 1:05 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Miss C
Last April it was nice and sunny in the low to mid 20c degrees, but as someone mentioned the early mornings can be a bit cold.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.