Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The View From Your Window

The View From Your Window

Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:45 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The View From Your Window

Originally Posted by donna
Its probably got something to do with your attitude!
I too was only responding to a query ,about which pets to have in Oz and informed others of the rabbit laws ,when i had a unwarranted sacastic response from you.So think on before you post flippant replies ,its responses like that that put people off contributing.
Well at least i got that off my chest.
donna
You get used to him - he sees himself as a defender of blighty and, judging from what he says on here, thinks those of us who love this country must be slightly deluded. I was surprised he came up with the responses he did - normally he just says 'It's political correctness gone mad' every time anyone so much as mentions Straya...
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Hills out the front ( MT Crosby) and pool out the back. We love it...

Sean
Attached Thumbnails The View From Your Window-hills.jpg   The View From Your Window-pool.jpg  
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
It is not cheap Badge

....but probably no more than a decent house, in a decent area,in Perth, Brisbane or Sydney.

G
May I ask? Ballpark figure. I'm surprised you're selling - seems to me you have enough money to buy back in though (many won't) Most with your viewpoint would not leave without a lifeline. You hardly seem to be enthused with Australia but I appreciate that this may not be the case always.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Aghhhh .... Colorbond.
Tell you what, its bloody useful - Colorbond. I quite like many of its applications.(!)
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:15 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
May I ask? Ballpark figure. I'm surprised you're selling - seems to me you have enough money to buy back in though (many won't) Most with your viewpoint would not leave without a lifeline. You hardly seem to be enthused with Australia but I appreciate that this may not be the case always.
Around £250000 would do.

It's not as expensive to live in a nice house in a nice area as many would have you believe.

I don't have any difficulties about moving to Australia but will certainly be leaving a lifeline

What I do not like, and will respond to, are those who feel they have to rubbish the UK.

G
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hutch
You get used to him - he sees himself as a defender of blighty and, judging from what he says on here, thinks those of us who love this country must be slightly deluded. I was surprised he came up with the responses he did - normally he just says 'It's political correctness gone mad' every time anyone so much as mentions Straya...
Thx for that ,im glad it wasnt just me.
donna
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donna
Thx for that ,im glad it wasnt just me.
donna

Don't believe everything you read.....especially from Hutch
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:22 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pomgrrl
how nice, beats our pigeons in the uk, handsdown
Originally Posted by moneypen20
Couple of visitors seen from youngest daughter's bedroom window and the other from the verandah.
Find the wildlife here much more entertaining than the UK, makes for a much nicer veranda view.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Around £250000 would do.

It's not as expensive to live in a nice house in a nice area as many would have you believe.

I don't have any difficulties about moving to Australia but will certainly be leaving a lifeline

What I do not like, and will respond to, are those who feel they have to rubbish the UK.

G
Hmmm...bargain(!) how 'big' is it? Actually 250k was about the max all up I was prepared to pay in the UK - well 200-225 preferably.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:40 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

But it's perfectly okay to constantly slag off Australia.

Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:41 am
Australia's Doorman

Don't believe everything you read.....especially from Hutch
Oh yea - quarter of a million quid - what a bargain! I'll take two ...
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:51 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

".....don't it always seem to go....you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"

Big Yellow Taxi

G
maybe it is me but i seem to read things differently to to other people - i read this post as 'you should appreciate what you have while you have it' which is perfectly true.

i still cant see why it would be taken as an attack on oz
unless you were all assuming that it was going to be a dig seeing as the poster was Grayling?

anyway i am off to find my camera to take a pic of the view out of my window!

Tiggs
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:53 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

ok here is the view from both my front and kitchen windows ...

nowhere near as nice a graylings' view i have to admit but better than pomgrrl's
Attached Thumbnails The View From Your Window-cropped_mg_1417.jpg   The View From Your Window-cropped_mg_1418.jpg  
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
maybe it is me but i seem to read things differently to to other people - i read this post as 'you should appreciate what you have while you have it' which is perfectly true.

i still cant see why it would be taken as an attack on oz
unless you were all assuming that it was going to be a dig seeing as the poster was Grayling?

anyway i am off to find my camera to take a pic of the view out of my window!

Tiggs
Grayling's an ''interesting'' poster cos not only does he tend to bring people back down to earth and point out the drawbacks he has rarely ever been actually positive about Australia - to the point where we forget he is actually planning a move there and wonder what his principal reason is perhaps to the point of irritation.

That's all I would say.

We don't really know all his motives, or his opinions fully. He's not the only one, we all have a story to tell or hide or just choose not to mention.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:09 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Is the view from your window dark and dismal or bright and cheery ?

Post a pic here of what you see out your window.
When we were staying with the in-laws this is what we saw from our bedroom window. They live on 7 acres near Jimboomba. It is all trees and wild life.

Jay
Attached Thumbnails The View From Your Window-106_0635.jpg   The View From Your Window-105_0590.jpg   The View From Your Window-106_0625.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.