Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The View From Your Window

The View From Your Window

Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:35 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The View From Your Window

Originally Posted by Hutch
Random Scenery? Sorry to disappoint old chap, but that's my little old local road up the escarpment. Lovely though isn't it!

I agree re: swimming pools, which is why I haven't posted one of my own pool (nice as it is). Instead, here's the view from river (five minutes stroll from my front door) last night at sundown, and the beach (10 minutes stroll from my front door).

hutch if you dont mind me asking,does that view still make you tingle or do you loose that after a while?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:42 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
I don't even have to get out of bed for my view though

G

Is a ceiling a view? I suppose it is.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by aston man
hutch if you dont mind me asking,does that view still make you tingle or do you loose that after a while?

Oooh I tingle every day. Up to a year now.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:44 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
It never gets old mate. The shot of the beach there is the view you get when driving over the hill towards Gerroa here on the South Coast - my house is in a sleepy little seaside holiday town to the left of the hill you can see in the background. But everytime I'm driving down that road and I go over that hill and see that amazing beach, I think 'That's my backyard!'
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:47 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

It never gets old mate. The shot of the beach there is the view you get when driving over the hill towards Gerroa here on the South Coast - my house is in a sleepy little seaside holiday town to the left of the hill you can see in the background. But everytime I'm driving down that road and I go over that hill and see that amazing beach, I think 'That's my backyard!'

Hardly the view from an average suburb though is it?

Perhaps I ought to post a few from my 'backyard'.....or will that upset people?

G
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:47 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

good on you,i saw sights while i was there that made me well up..

i hope i never loose that...
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:48 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

View from bedroom window , few yellows thrown in

Scott in nice flat Lincolnshire ...
Attached Thumbnails The View From Your Window-cimg1219.jpg  
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:52 am
Account Closed

Hardly the view from an average suburb though is it?
Grayling, isn't that down to where people choose to live? I could understand it if it was really to do with work and living in a housing estate near CDB was the only place they could ive, but actually, many people choose to live in those seaside lego land houses which I personally don't understand, but whatever rings your bell.
There's plenty of work, bigger properties and 'non average suburbs' in Australia which are very affordable (and cost much less than legoland on the GC for example) if people weren't so obsessed with the beach.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

It's every bit as green here mate - the way some people bang on you'd think England had a worldwide exclusive on green farmland . Plus we have the added advantage of stunning beaches, lucious rain-forest, verdant hills and amazing rivers.
it's certainly not green up here in queensland - brown more like it!

a lot of the vegetation is dying - we have a severe drought going on :-(
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:55 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Grayling, isn't that down to where people choose to live? I could understand it if it was really to do with work and living in a housing estate near CDB was the only place they could ive, but actually, many people choose to live in those seaside lego land houses which I personally don't understand, but whatever rings your bell.
There's plenty of work, bigger properties and 'non average suburbs' in Australia which are very affordable (and cost much less than legoland on the GC for example) if people weren't so obsessed with the beach.
All I did was post some pictures of the view from my window....which is what the OP asked for.

Why do some people find that problematic?

G
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Here's the view from our window.
Attached Thumbnails The View From Your Window-sv201620.jpg  
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:01 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
That's not London! Looks like somewhere in India!

Buzzy
Ummmm, same thing isn't it except you can't see the guys on bikes carrying 32" widescreen sony tv's down the street. Maybe if you look close though you might see a couple of cockney thugs dragging an old ex Granada rental tv they just stole from some poor taxi drivers bedsit. (Should have given the customer his change faster and clocked off shift)
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:04 am
Account Closed

All I did was post some pictures of the view from my window....which is what the OP asked for.

Why do some people find that problematic?

G
Where did I say I found your posted pictures problematic?

I merely made a point about your comment on what constituted an 'average suburb'... - you know... it's a discussion.
Hutch's place could be your average suburb if people weren't so obsessed with the beach... which is my point.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:04 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the view from my bedroom.

It is in the UK though.....anyone still interested?

G
Gorgeous G
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:06 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by iPom
Where did I say I found your posted pictures problematic?
I never said you did.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.