Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The View From Your Window

The View From Your Window

Old May 8th 2007, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The View From Your Window

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
In order of appearance:
  • Front from spare bedroom
  • Back from master bedroom
  • Front from entrance
Taken during winter last year.

This picture was taken during winter last year here

The first two are outside my front door and the last is my back yard (or lack of one ) I haven't done any at this house yet.
Attached Thumbnails The View From Your Window-aug07%2417.jpg   The View From Your Window-aug13%2435.jpg   The View From Your Window-aug07%2420.jpg  
Old May 8th 2007, 5:10 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The View From Your Window

Originally Posted by Wendy
This picture was taken during winter last year here

The first two are outside my front door and the last is my back yard (or lack of one ) I haven't done any at this house yet.
Class!

I see the landscape was a trifle out of focus that day. I'd get onto the council about it, if I were you!
Old May 8th 2007, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Class!

I see the landscape was a trifle out of focus that day. I'd get onto the council about it, if I were you!

It's my age (or the camera )

Anyway, I've moved now so don't care, it can be out of focus as much as it likes.
Old May 8th 2007, 5:46 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: The View From Your Window

It's my age (or the camera )
Or the dreaded drink!
Old May 8th 2007, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Or the dreaded drink!

That's it, you've solved the mystery. Next time I'll have a beer first
Old May 8th 2007, 6:11 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

That's it, you've solved the mystery. Next time I'll have a beer first
That's my problem too. I need more alcohol
Old May 8th 2007, 6:25 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

In order of appearance:
  • Front from spare bedroom
  • Back from master bedroom
  • Front from entrance
Taken during winter last year.
I'm welling up here Vash ... I miss that sort of landscape so much ... <gulp> ..

Old May 8th 2007, 8:58 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a question for you guys with lots of lovely green land and trees around your houses; how do you deal with the wildlife, as in snakes?

My OH is still banging on about moving east and buying a house with land but I am seriously sh*t scared of the venomous ones that are no doubt out there. I worry about the kids playing outside and getting bitten if they go mooching around etc.

I am doing well though, I used to be scared of spiders and nasty snakes...I'm a brave (ish) bird when it comes to spiders...just nasty snakes are the issue now.
Old May 8th 2007, 9:02 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Got a question for you guys with lots of lovely green land and trees around your houses; how do you deal with the wildlife, as in snakes?

My OH is still banging on about moving east and buying a house with land but I am seriously sh*t scared of the venomous ones that are no doubt out there. I worry about the kids playing outside and getting bitten if they go mooching around etc.

I am doing well though, I used to be scared of spiders and nasty snakes...I'm a brave (ish) bird when it comes to spiders...just nasty snakes are the issue now.
We've only had one in the house so far and he was a baby about foot and a half long but would have been a nasty bite just the same, it was a red bellied black.

My favourite Tent Web spider passed on at the weekend so just waiting for another one to turn up.

Otherwise love all the birds and the calm of trees around and the nice logs that fall off them to make fires to sit in front of...
Old May 8th 2007, 9:09 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I could deal with the spiders...don't like 'em, but could deal with them

But I seriously would've peed myself having a venemous snake in the house and yet, for us to be able to get the lifestyle we would both love, we need to have some sort of rural surroundings. I would happily share my life with birds, roos, possums, koalas etc...but not snakes.

I wonder if they can read? I could put a sign up "Tresspassing Snakes Will Be Shot!"
Old May 8th 2007, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Well they are around, browns mainly, as long as you are watchful, dont go poking around in piles of wood or are just 'unlucky'. Loadsa friends have kids here who play in their gardens and you may see the odd one or two. Theres usually a thing in the paper - dont wear thongs at nite as thats when most bites happen. I am paranoid about them so just make sure I shuffle alot so they can hear me & if somewhere they can get inside I shut the screen door.

There was a snakke in town the other day - nice!
Old May 8th 2007, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi

Well they are around, browns mainly, as long as you are watchful, dont go poking around in piles of wood or are just 'unlucky'. Loadsa friends have kids here who play in their gardens and you may see the odd one or two. Theres usually a thing in the paper - dont wear thongs at nite as thats when most bites happen. I am paranoid about them so just make sure I shuffle alot so they can hear me & if somewhere they can get inside I shut the screen door.

There was a snakke in town the other day - nice!
Thought they were supposed to have all snuggled down in their log pile now... for the winter.
Old May 8th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Thought they were supposed to have all snuggled down in their log pile now... for the winter.
The other day was actually probably 2 months ago so sure they are all snug as bugs in rugs
Old May 8th 2007, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
The other day was actually probably 2 months ago so sure they are all snug as bugs in rugs
Hope so as I like snake free, as always forget to carry that 2 metres of bandage with me when out just in case I come across one.
Old May 9th 2007, 12:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Tracey..its not that bad ;-) They WILL run away half the time long before you get there. I take my daughter down to the back of our block all the time.

Also people mow and keep clear the bits they want to walk on.

Snakes do NOT chase you around the yard.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; May 9th 2007 at 12:23 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.