Wikiposts

Video Camera's

Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Video Camera's

I want a new video camera so I can send videos back to the in laws in the UK. Has anyone got any recommendations?

I just want a basic (ish) one, with an internal rechargeable battery that will plug into the PC for downloading. I don't really want to spend mega bucks on it either. I have no idea what I should be looking for so any suggestions are greatly appreciated
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Video Camera's

Someone will be along shortly Just a thought, have you posted this in the lab. I know it's meant for PC queries, but they might have extra cam corder knowledge.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Someone will be along shortly Just a thought, have you posted this in the lab. I know it's meant for PC queries, but they might have extra cam corder knowledge.

I will a bit later
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

Hi Wendy
i too am looking at getting a video camera for the same reason as you, i don't want to spend a lot so am looking at either the Samsung digital camcorder or the Canon mini dv camcorder, both at under $400.00 be interesting to see what others suggest
Rach x
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hoots nan
Hi Wendy
i too am looking at getting a video camera for the same reason as you, i don't want to spend a lot so am looking at either the Samsung digital camcorder or the Canon mini dv camcorder, both at under $400.00 be interesting to see what others suggest
Rach x

I'd like something that's not too flash, but with a stills option. (although maybe you can do that with them all )

The main thing has to be the rechargable battery, I hate running out of power every time I take one out, it drives me nuts
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:06 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'd like something that's not too flash, but with a stills option. (although maybe you can do that with them all )

The main thing has to be the rechargable battery, I hate running out of power every time I take one out, it drives me nuts
Recently recommended one of these to a friend. Fits the bill I think.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hutch
Recently recommended one of these to a friend. Fits the bill I think.

Did I tell you that you are wonderful lately?
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
I want a new video camera so I can send videos back to the in laws in the UK. Has anyone got any recommendations?

I just want a basic (ish) one, with an internal rechargeable battery that will plug into the PC for downloading. I don't really want to spend mega bucks on it either. I have no idea what I should be looking for so any suggestions are greatly appreciated
We bought a new one on the internet 2 weeks ago. It was quite expensive but still cheaper than those in the shops. Most are always cheaper on the net. We was going to get a rather snazzy one for only 300 bucks, but hubby wanted the best
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulrachel
We bought a new one on the internet 2 weeks ago. It was quite expensive but still cheaper than those in the shops. Most are always cheaper on the net. We was going to get a rather snazzy one for only 300 bucks, but hubby wanted the best

We are back down to earth now and have to watch the pennies (or cents ). No more impulse buying for me
Old Nov 21st 2006, 7:14 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Video Camera's

Both annqldau and I would thoroughly unreccomend getting one that records to DVD. The picture quality is good but actually doing anything with the film once its taken is pretty hard.

If I was buying today I might well investigate a hard disk camera.

Buzzy
Old Nov 21st 2006, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Both annqldau and I would thoroughly unreccomend getting one that records to DVD. The picture quality is good but actually doing anything with the film once its taken is pretty hard.

If I was buying today I might well investigate a hard disk camera.

Buzzy

Will keep that in mind when I'm looking.

Thanks