Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Viber - anyone tried it?!

Viber - anyone tried it?!

Old Mar 29th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Viber - anyone tried it?!

Originally Posted by bcworld
I imagine it'll be a lot like whatsapp - have you tried that?
I've got that one. Not bad really but I always forget to use it
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Ittai M is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
hi

when is this update coming ??? i keep checking for updates but nothing as yet
It's up on AppStore!
Grab it while it's hot
Old Mar 31st 2011, 11:35 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ittai M
It's up on AppStore!
Grab it while it's hot
Hmmm, I see you've had to release Viber 2.0.1 already!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:12 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, I see you've had to release Viber 2.0.1 already!
Yeah and when I click on it it won't let me have it?! GRRR
Old Mar 31st 2011, 8:22 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Yeah and when I click on it it won't let me have it?! GRRR
Friend of mine had lots of problems with installing 2.0 - ended up not being able to use it all - took a bit of fixing.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Viber 2.0.1 should fix all the problems (in download and in functionality).

Please uninstall your current versions and install 2.0.1 from AppStore (and also tell your friends to do so).

If you encounter problems, let me know.
Old May 1st 2011, 1:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, bit of an airhead question here but can I use this from overseas to call my OH here for free without international roaming charges?
Old May 1st 2011, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Ok, bit of an airhead question here but can I use this from overseas to call my OH here for free without international roaming charges?
The answer is yes.
Make sure tough that when you are abroad, you are not using the local 3G network, because then your cellular company could charge you a lot of money for roaming.

Using WiFi when you are abroad to make Viber calls ensures that the call is absolutely free, even if it's international.
Old May 1st 2011, 10:03 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The answer is yes.
Make sure tough that when you are abroad, you are not using the local 3G network, because then your cellular company could charge you a lot of money for roaming.

Using WiFi when you are abroad to make Viber calls ensures that the call is absolutely free, even if it's international.
Thank you.
Old May 4th 2011, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

The answer is yes.

hi

i have been using viber for a while now and am very happy with it

can you tell me if and when i send a text message from here indoors / wifi area so "free " does the receiver pay any charge for it if they are not in a wifi area

if i send a text out of wifi what allowance does it take up

also any ideas when this will be available to blackberry as half the people i know are on this

all the best steve
Old May 4th 2011, 12:03 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

hi

i have been using viber for a while now and am very happy with it

can you tell me if and when i send a text message from here indoors / wifi area so "free " does the receiver pay any charge for it if they are not in a wifi area

if i send a text out of wifi what allowance does it take up

also any ideas when this will be available to blackberry as half the people i know are on this

all the best steve
They will pay for data / use their data allowance. The data involved will be so negligible that you wouldn't even consider it...unless of course you were roaming overseas.
Old May 4th 2011, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

They will pay for data / use their data allowance. The data involved will be so negligible that you wouldn't even consider it...unless of course you were roaming overseas.
cheers dude

to be honest most of the people i know over there have unlimited ( within reason ) data

didnt want to send loads and loads of text messages over there and for them to receive a massive bill for it
Old May 4th 2011, 12:08 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

cheers dude

to be honest most of the people i know over there have unlimited ( within reason ) data

didnt want to send loads and loads of text messages over there and for them to receive a massive bill for it
You should also check out Whatsapp...it's also for messaging but has lots of features the Viber version doesn't have...plenty of people use it. It's also on Blackberry.

http://www.whatsapp.com/
Old Jul 14th 2011, 10:16 am
Just Joined

i all,

We have been working hard in the past several weeks on a first version of Viber on Blackberry, and we are now excited to give you a first look.
You can find it here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf

In addition, I'd like to announce that we are at the very final stages of the closed-group Beta project, and will soon make the Beta version public!

For more info feel free to ask me here and make sure you follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/viber

Thanks,
Viber.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

A message only to those of you who are already testing our Beta version:
A new Beta version has just been released - 2.0.110292.

What's new?
- Proximity Sensor during calls
- Bluetooth support
- Other specific device improvements and bug fixes

Download it here: www.viber.com/download

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.