British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Viber - anyone tried it?! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/viber-anyone-tried-703744/)

Jen1977ni Feb 4th 2011 7:12 am

Viber - anyone tried it?!

http://www.viber.com/

Centurion Feb 4th 2011 9:47 am

Re: Viber - anyone tried it?!

Or just download the Skype app ?

The one everyone uses already and don't have to have the obscure ones that are popping up ? :)

Jen1977ni Feb 4th 2011 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 9151592)
Or just download the Skype app ?

The one everyone uses already and don't have to have the obscure ones that are popping up ? :)

I kinda like it, so far lol

bcworld Feb 4th 2011 10:17 am

Yup I've got Viber...and so do many other people in my address book, it's very popular!

Jen1977ni Feb 4th 2011 10:33 am

Originally Posted by bcworld (Post 9151655)
Yup I've got Viber...and so do many other people in my address book, it's very popular!

U used it much?!

bcworld Feb 4th 2011 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 9151692)
U used it much?!

Yup...use it to chat to friends overseas...super clear calls, bit of delay sometimes though.

northernbird Feb 4th 2011 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 9151276)

To be honest I wouldn't use anything you recommend after the luck you seem to have with stuff here :rofl:

bcworld Feb 4th 2011 10:38 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 9151706)
To be honest I wouldn't use anything you recommend after the luck you seem to have with stuff here :rofl:

:o

Well this one's free at least!

I did test the Metroview again, cos I realised I hadn't used it since it upgraded...I did have a few wee issues but still worked ok navigating...did you ever get it to work?

northernbird Feb 4th 2011 10:39 am

Originally Posted by bcworld (Post 9151712)
:o

Well this one's free at least!

I did test the Metroview again, cos I realised I hadn't used it since it upgraded...I did have a few wee issues but still worked ok navigating...did you ever get it to work?

Nope, the first problem I have had with anything in 6 years here!

Jen1977ni Feb 4th 2011 11:03 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 9151706)

Cheeky bint lol My bro just called me on it, very clear, he was on the loo tho, GRRRRR 'One sec Jen, just wiping my bum!' lol

Ittai M Feb 13th 2011 8:22 am

Hey everyone,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team :)

I'm here to answer any question/suggestion you might have regarding our application, so feel free.

I'd also like to add that at the end of this month we're releasing a new version of Viber with Text Messaging service.

Thanks,
Viber.

Turban Explorer Feb 13th 2011 8:31 am

I've tried a viber8ter :lol:

Cheetah7 Feb 13th 2011 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Viber (Post 9172779)
Hey everyone,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team :)

I'm here to answer any question/suggestion you might have regarding our application, so feel free.

I'd also like to add that at the end of this month we're releasing a new version of Viber with Text Messaging service.

Thanks,
Viber.

Text messaging? can you tell us more? I have free texts within Australia but would love to have them overseas.:o

Ittai M Feb 13th 2011 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 9172848)
Text messaging? can you tell us more? I have free texts within Australia but would love to have them overseas.:o

It allows to text for free between Viber users, even if they are overseas.
On March we are releasing a new Viber version compatible with Android, so that'll expand the range of people who can use Viber (and talk&text for free).

Viber.

Cheetah7 Feb 13th 2011 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Viber (Post 9172854)
It allows to text for free between Viber users, even if they are overseas.
On March we are releasing a new Viber version compatible with Android, so that'll expand the range of people who can use Viber (and talk&text for free).

Viber.

Excellent, so with iphone will we get a message to say there is an update/newer version?