Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

veggie, peskie in Australia

veggie, peskie in Australia

Old Sep 19th 2010, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default veggie, peskie in Australia

Hi guys, i have been a veggie for years and started eating fish a couple of years back,

quite spoilt with veggie stuff in the UK what with Quorn and all the supermarkets have their own versions.

I received an email from Quorn saying that it was arriving in Australia but apparently won't reach up here for quite a while,

I am finding it hard to eat with the heat and lack of choice but don't want to disappear so any nice recipes that don't involve to much cooking would be good if anyone has any

or just any others who have gone through similar and have some advice
(besides stick a steak on the barbie)
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:58 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: veggie, peskie in Australia

Originally Posted by pink13
Hi guys, i have been a veggie for years and started eating fish a couple of years back,

quite spoilt with veggie stuff in the UK what with Quorn and all the supermarkets have their own versions.

I received an email from Quorn saying that it was arriving in Australia but apparently won't reach up here for quite a while,

I am finding it hard to eat with the heat and lack of choice but don't want to disappear so any nice recipes that don't involve to much cooking would be good if anyone has any

or just any others who have gone through similar and have some advice
(besides stick a steak on the barbie)
Stick some fish on the barbie.

Eat lots of fruit but avoid bananas as the mozzies like people who have been eating bananas.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Quorn is available here now in Cole's frozen section, otherwise the seafood here is excellent as are the in season vegetables (as long as you don't buy from the supermarket). There is also tofu. Australia is slowly getting better for veggies (although personally I prefer a good steak)
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

What about food made out of vegetables, its what I eat.

I don't really get the fake meat products. I am not actually a vegetarian, I just don't eat meat. Maybe thats the difference, if I really wanted something that tasted like meat I would just eat some.

There are plenty of great recipes about, and you can still make sure you are getting sufficient protein.