Vegemite...

Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Vegemite...

Just wondering if marmite fans are tucking into vegemite, or anyone new to vegemite that has developed a taste for it on entering Oz?

Is it even LIKE marmite?

PP Marmite fan x
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Vegemite...

Originally Posted by plantpot
Just wondering if marmite fans are tucking into vegemite, or anyone new to vegemite that has developed a taste for it on entering Oz?

Is it even LIKE marmite?

PP Marmite fan x
Similar but different!

Its the sort of thing, whichever you were brought up with you are going to prefer, but either are edible!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by windog
Similar but different!

Its the sort of thing, whichever you were brought up with you are going to prefer, but either are edible!
Not a fan then?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:37 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Vegemite is disgusting
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:37 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

The OH is a marmite fan but happy to eat vegemite

I say both are disgusting
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by asher
The OH is a marmite fan but happy to eat vegemite

I say both are disgusting

And do you go as far as to shout 'yuk' and say 'it smells like dogshit?' Or make your OH brush his/her teeth before a snog after ingesting mar/veg mite...

Cos my OH does!!! The swine...
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:50 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

And do you go as far as to shout 'yuk' and say 'it smells like dogshit?' Or make your OH brush his/her teeth before a snog after ingesting mar/veg mite...

Cos my OH does!!! The swine...
I'm with your OH

the bloke isn't allowed near till he has cleaned his teeth
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

My wife being Aussie loves Vegemite, so when she first moved to the UK, I got used to it. Now after years, I prefer Vegemite. Doubt if I could go back to Marmite now.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:11 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Is it even LIKE marmite?

PP Marmite fan x
I'm a lifelong fan or Marmite, but I've converted to Vegemite after visiting Aus last year. Quite a few places stock it over here, so try it for yourself.

Vegemite is sweeter than Marmite, but otherwise fairly similar. Don't be fooled by the jars of Marmite on the shelves there though - it's not the same thing as we have in the UK. Look for Our Mate (or something like that) - same jar, different label.

More than you could ever want to know about both of them:
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schwuk
I'm a lifelong fan or Marmite, but I've converted to Vegemite after visiting Aus last year. Quite a few places stock it over here, so try it for yourself.

Vegemite is sweeter than Marmite, but otherwise fairly similar. Don't be fooled by the jars of Marmite on the shelves there though - it's not the same thing as we have in the UK. Look for Our Mate (or something like that) - same jar, different label.

More than you could ever want to know about both of them:
I don't live in UK so although I can get Marmite here (UAE) Vegemite will have to wait til I get to Oz....;(
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Is it even LIKE marmite?

PP Marmite fan x
LOVE marmite........had Vegemite on reccie and liked it. Early poster is right 'similar but different'
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:41 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't mind some Marmite every now and then, but absolutely love Vegemite here..think it's not as salty?? It's not perfect (IMO) unless served with thick toasted white bread and proper butter......so that kind of overides any yeasty, B Vitamin health benefits for me lol!

Too much of either though makes my teeth go kind of squeaky and sensitive....anyone else get this??
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
Didn't mind some Marmite every now and then, but absolutely love Vegemite here..think it's not as salty?? It's not perfect (IMO) unless served with thick toasted white bread and proper butter......so that kind of overides any yeasty, B Vitamin health benefits for me lol!

Too much of either though makes my teeth go kind of squeaky and sensitive....anyone else get this??
I love Vegemite.
Vegmite that you get in the U.K is not the same as you get here.
It's much better here, its a different taste.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:16 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough

vegemite is like eatin rust and sick to this pome but i suppose its what ur use too
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

I LOVE vegemite - can't stand Marmite and never have done. New found obsession since moving to Aus.

Nikki
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.