Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Urgently need dog moved Scotland to Perth

Wikiposts

Urgently need dog moved Scotland to Perth

Old Oct 21st 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute
Question Urgently need dog moved Scotland to Perth

Now I know that there's loads of threads on dog shipment and I'm gonna take some stick here for being lazy and not looking them up, but I'm desperate. I need accurate, relevant information in a hurry.

When we first decided to emigrate I looked at shipping our 3 year old German Shepherd bitch with us. My 22 year old daughter, who was staying in Aberdeen and not moving with us asked if she could keep the dog instead. She adores the dog so I agreed to leave her with it. I thought it was the simplest solution and definitely the most cost effective.

Last night daughter rang me to say that her relationship has ended (Badly) and she wants to join us in Oz. She's a broken woman and very upset. She lives in her boyfriend's house and needs to get out. She won't move without the dog, who has been her only source of love and comfort since we left.

Can I organise shipping the dog over from this end or does she have to do it from her end? The dog is due her booster this month but I know she should avoid having the lepto vaccine. Where will I get accurate advice?

Who did a good job for you?

Who would you recommend or avoid? Where do I start?

I feel like flying back to Scotland to sort it all out as I know my daughter needs someone to lean on but it's a tough call. This is by far the most difficult hurdle so far.

I would appreciate any helpful advice as I don't think I'm thinking rationally here.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 12:07 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgently need dog moved Scotland to Perth

can't help but (((hugs))) and hopes it gets sorted out quickly for you all
Old Oct 21st 2007, 12:45 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jan,

First of all I am sorry to hear about your daughter's dilema.

We used Golden Arrow shippers who were excellent. give them a call on Shropshire. 01588 680240 They will tell you when to get your dog's blood tests etc etc.
I know they fly their animals out of Manchester- not sure where else. We met them at the airport when they were dropping another dog off for its flight and they took our dog to thei place and prepared her for her flight. We lived in Yorkshire so it wasn't too far a hike for us.
Incidentally we still have our old girl- she is now almost 17 - Jack Russell- gone senile, deaf and has cataracts but is still going physcially well!

you do not say whether your daughter is included on your visa- if not what will she do?- maybe apply for working holiday visa then when here apply for residency?

hope that helps a bit
Old Oct 21st 2007, 12:50 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

send a PM to brido
they moved a do out not too long ago from glasgow
Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yvsie
Hi Jan,

First of all I am sorry to hear about your daughter's dilema.

We used Golden Arrow shippers who were excellent. give them a call on Shropshire. 01588 680240 They will tell you when to get your dog's blood tests etc etc.
I know they fly their animals out of Manchester- not sure where else. We met them at the airport when they were dropping another dog off for its flight and they took our dog to thei place and prepared her for her flight. We lived in Yorkshire so it wasn't too far a hike for us.
Incidentally we still have our old girl- she is now almost 17 - Jack Russell- gone senile, deaf and has cataracts but is still going physcially well!

you do not say whether your daughter is included on your visa- if not what will she do?- maybe apply for working holiday visa then when here apply for residency?

hope that helps a bit
Thanks - Daughter will apply for WHV (We have another daughter here on WHV at the moment).

Originally Posted by soapy
send a PM to brido
they moved a do out not too long ago from glasgow
Thanks very much - I'll contact brido
Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:09 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midgetjan
Thanks - Daughter will apply for WHV (We have another daughter here on WHV at the moment).

they can at least tell you how good or bad it was from scotland.
good luck guys
Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:19 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

i did a quick search on your behalf and picked out some of the better ones
hope you get somethign sorted

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...61&postcount=2
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484356
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477706
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463983

this one mentions some Scotland based companies
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459923
Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

THANKS FOR THAT - I'll go look.

Mixed feelings today - Delighted daughter is coming but gutted that she's heartbroken.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:49 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

THANKS FOR THAT - I'll go look.

Mixed feelings today - Delighted daughter is coming but gutted that she's heartbroken.
So sorry to hear about this situation. On a positive note, at least you get to have your family all together. We used Pet Travel Services in Dunfermline and they were fab. They dealt with absolutely everything for us. Stitch used them to and she recommended them to us.

Gill
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Great thanks - I'm passing all these messages to daughter. Fingers crossed that she can get speedy results.

I knew if she ever came here it would be with a broken heart
Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

heldon will become famous soon enoughheldon will become famous soon enough

Now I know that there's loads of threads on dog shipment and I'm gonna take some stick here for being lazy and not looking them up, but I'm desperate. I need accurate, relevant information in a hurry.

When we first decided to emigrate I looked at shipping our 3 year old German Shepherd bitch with us. My 22 year old daughter, who was staying in Aberdeen and not moving with us asked if she could keep the dog instead. She adores the dog so I agreed to leave her with it. I thought it was the simplest solution and definitely the most cost effective.

Last night daughter rang me to say that her relationship has ended (Badly) and she wants to join us in Oz. She's a broken woman and very upset. She lives in her boyfriend's house and needs to get out. She won't move without the dog, who has been her only source of love and comfort since we left.

Can I organise shipping the dog over from this end or does she have to do it from her end? The dog is due her booster this month but I know she should avoid having the lepto vaccine. Where will I get accurate advice?

I feel like flying back to Scotland to sort it all out as I know my daughter needs someone to lean on but it's a tough call. This is by far the most difficult hurdle so far.

I would appreciate any helpful advice as I don't think I'm thinking rationally here.
Hiya

The best ppl I have spoke to are Airpets they're based next to Heathrow so its a long way for your daughter to travel but they have told me if you get your dog there by 11am they can fly the dog out by 11pm the same day, you may need to ring different quarintine kennels in Oz to find out which has the shortest waiting list (as far as I know there isnt any in Perth) Airpets will get all the necc documents for you and should know a vet in your area to do the relevent blood tests for your dog they told me they can have a permit within 2-6 weeks. Hope this helps xx
Good Luck
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:02 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Used Pet Travel Services. Would highly recommend them.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry can't help but wish you , daughter & the dog well!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Use a pet shipping agent that will do the whole lot for you and don't have the Lepto done x
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all the info

I knew I could rely on you lot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.