Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Up's And Down's Of Australia

Wikiposts

The Up's And Down's Of Australia

Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:17 am
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold
Default The Up's And Down's Of Australia

What is the best thing about Australia, and what is the worst thing about Australia?
Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:36 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Up's And Down's Of Australia

Originally Posted by turtletom
What is the best thing about Australia, and what is the worst thing about Australia?

Oh no! Nothing personal but I might cry if I see another of these.
The best is what you make it. The worst is what you make it too.

But if I was really pushed I'd say the best is the environment and the worst, the politicians... although they're a damn sight more entertaining than the British ones.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

ionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
The best is what you make it. The worst is what you make it too.

But if I was really pushed I'd say the best is the environment and the worst, the politicians... although they're a damn sight more entertaining than the British ones.

think about the us politicians talk about entertaining
Old Mar 15th 2006, 12:59 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Best: Overall cost/std of living isn't too bad

Worst: General shallowness, arrogance, insincerity and lack of interest/abilty of aussies to meet new people and make genuine friendships. Mind you, if they think there's something in it for them, they'll be in it in a shot. Also the bloody heat!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 2:43 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you.

Originally Posted by iPom
Old Mar 15th 2006, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sass73
I'm with you.

Please bear with this poster (my son) teenage homesick pomm trying to gain support for his anti-oz feelings.

Sarah
Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Worst: General shallowness, arrogance, insincerity and lack of interest/abilty of aussies to meet new people and make genuine friendships. Mind you, if they think there's something in it for them, they'll be in it in a shot. Also the bloody heat!

So you like us Aussies then????

Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:20 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sasbear
Please bear with this poster (my son) teenage homesick pomm trying to gain support for his anti-oz feelings.

Sarah
Bless him homesickness is bad enough when you're an adult.

Best things: Safety (compared to UK) freedom for the kids, the nicer climate, the Indian Ocean down the road, boogie boarding! Space to live.

Worst things: being away from the rest of the family. Missing the changes in the seasons. lack of history and character.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:45 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels

Comments come from my personal experience. Interestingly others have also had similar experiences it seems.

Community spirit and a sense of connectedness in Australia is apparently most likely to be found in Tasmania, and Launceston area in particular (according to a Feb 2006 study).

Might move there then
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:04 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels

She's a troll. Xenophobic one at that.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:05 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Might move there then
Given everything you've said on these forums I hope they tell you to **** off back to Frodo-land.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:09 pm
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold

Now mate theres no need to get mardy!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:13 pm
Australia's Doorman

Now mate theres no need to get mardy!
Sorry mate - but she gives me ball-ache. Every bloody post popping up and sniping at the Australians, slagging something or other off. And then she has the bloody nerve to admit she's moving there!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:15 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Sorry mate - but she gives me ball-ache. Every bloody post popping up and sniping at the Australians, slagging something or other off. And then she has the bloody nerve to admit she's moving there!!!!
She lives there ...in Perth

G
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

Well have to say I have been here 6 months and i love it so far, I have found 3 ozzie friends and they can't do enough for me, I must admit the humidity has got to me a bit but the last week it has calmed down and i now enjoy sitting out on anight in the cool air. I have yet to find something i don't like. I admit i miss my family loads but my mum and dad are out in 5 weeks and really looking forward to that, Don't know how i will feel when they leave.
Mykids have settled in real good at school. I am waiting for the homesickness to kick in, Which everyone says it will but just now i am living my dream.
Cheers
Suzanne

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.