Wikiposts

Updating wills

Old May 22nd 2008, 9:40 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Updating wills

Hi all - Has anybody got some advice for me. We had our wills done in 1995 and it has wrong addresses for both us and executors of the will and lots of other things need changing too. Thought better have them changed but when I rang the Company, The National Will Centre, the number is no longer available. I assume they are no longer trading.

Is it best to just get new one's done or can I take these to any old Solicitor to change them and also where does the original get stored?

Thanks
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Updating wills

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi all - Has anybody got some advice for me. We had our wills done in 1995 and it has wrong addresses for both us and executors of the will and lots of other things need changing too. Thought better have them changed but when I rang the Company, The National Will Centre, the number is no longer available. I assume they are no longer trading.

Is it best to just get new one's done or can I take these to any old Solicitor to change them and also where does the original get stored?

Thanks
Hi!

I'm sure that you can go to any solicitor to have your will updated. We took our UK wills to Australian solicitor. It says on the Australian one that it supercedes the UK one, (even though they are identical!).

Our original wills are stored by our solicitor, we and our executors have copies. One of our executors has since moved but we and our other executor are in constant touch with him. We are planning on moving soon so would get them re-written then to show ours and executors new addresses.

There was a recent thread on the site about making wills here, Australia, and in UK. Sorry, I can't do the link thing, but sure it will come up if you search for it.

Hope this helps,

M

Last edited by Machiavelli; May 22nd 2008 at 10:39 pm. Reason: grammar!
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:37 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Updating wills

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Hi!

I'm sure that you can go to any solicitor to have your will updated. We took our UK wills to Australian solicitor. It says on the Australian one that it supercedes the UK one, (even though they are identical!).

Our original wills are stored by our solicitor, we and our executors have copies. One of our executors has since moved but we and our other excutor one are in constant touch with him. We are planning on moving soon so would get them re-written then to show ours and executors new addresses.

There was a recent thread on the site about making wills here, Australia, and in UK. Sorry, I can't do the link thing, but sure it will come up if you search for it.

Hope this helps,

M
Thanks M, will do a search. Looks like we could do them at a Solicitor then.