Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

update regarding can it get any worse

update regarding can it get any worse

Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:36 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Default update regarding can it get any worse

Just spoke with solicitor who has said we can exchange even if deposit of buyers buyer not in place and she will still be tied into completing.Also rather than calling our estate agent i went into his office and got him to call other agent and find out what the hell is going on.He reckons a call has been made to buyers buyer solicitor saying exchange monday complete wednesday but i am hoping we can exchange on the nil deposit today rather than waiting till next monday.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:38 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: update regarding can it get any worse

Originally Posted by jon&kate
Just spoke with solicitor who has said we can exchange even if deposit of buyers buyer not in place and she will still be tied into completing.Also rather than calling our estate agent i went into his office and got him to call other agent and find out what the hell is going on.He reckons a call has been made to buyers buyer solicitor saying exchange monday complete wednesday but i am hoping we can exchange on the nil deposit today rather than waiting till next monday.
We exchanged on nil deposit. My solicitor recommeneded that we didn't, but we had a plane to catch
All went through in the end...you'll be ok.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Hope everything will be OK.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:59 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

I so hope you are right we need all the fingers and toes of all of B/ expats crossed on this one.After reading loads of threads on hear regarding estate agents maybe we need to get a wanker sign smiley for estate agent threads .
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:03 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Karma sent, really hope it all works out for you
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:16 am
jon&a mp;kate

Looks as if all will be sorted today as all solicitors seem happy to exchange contracts with deposit to follow.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
We exchanged on nil deposit. My solicitor recommeneded that we didn't, but we had a plane to catch
All went through in the end...you'll be ok.
Hi Nu-shooz
please can i just ask as we are in the same situation i think,we have to leave on the 5th Jan and we have a buyer but they cant sell theirs,they cant get no one in the door at the min,they do have a lovely house and we were all certain it would sell first time but not ONE PERSON has even looked,they do not know we are emigrating as i dont want any dirty tactics at the last min,
We are selling for 285,000, they said they can raise 250,00 cash from some policy but idealy they want to sell first,
after reading these and yours post is that true or possible that you can exchange with no money - how does that work though - do they get the house and then the money later or can they put a deposit down to secure and tie them in as my OH will have to come back if not,
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I so hope you are right we need all the fingers and toes of all of B/ expats crossed on this one.After reading loads of threads on hear regarding estate agents maybe we need to get a wanker sign smiley for estate agent threads .
I know this one is supposed to be a thumb up but to me it's always looked remarkably similar to the type of thing you're looking for
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:12 am
jon&a mp;kate

all it means is that exchange of contract takes place without the buyer handing over 10% deposit to solicitor.They still have to complete on the sale on the agreed date and are legally bound into things.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

all it means is that exchange of contract takes place without the buyer handing over 10% deposit to solicitor.They still have to complete on the sale on the agreed date and are legally bound into things.
Except that your solicitor hasn't any cash to hold onto if they pull out. They *may* be bound into a contract, but you're in Oz and they are not: pound to a penny you would cut your losses and not pursue them through the courts - and still have a house to sell.

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but nowadays you cannot trust anyone.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:30 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Except that your solicitor hasn't any cash to hold onto if they pull out. They *may* be bound into a contract, but you're in Oz and they are not: pound to a penny you would cut your losses and not pursue them through the courts - and still have a house to sell.

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but nowadays you cannot trust anyone.
i thought johnncate were in uk still...
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:35 am
jon&a mp;kate

we are in the uk .And also it is only a case of her funds clearing as her solicitor was not prpared to exchange without proof funds were available.The main thing for us was to get the contracts exchanged thus not giving her the chance to pull out.Completion date is wednesday 28th and we fly out 29th.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:39 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

we are in the uk .And also it is only a case of her funds clearing as her solicitor was not prpared to exchange without proof funds were available.The main thing for us was to get the contracts exchanged thus not giving her the chance to pull out.Completion date is wednesday 28th and we fly out 29th.
so.... have you EXCHANGED CONTRACTS?? ie all parties in the chain??
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:42 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sarahlou
Hi Nu-shooz
please can i just ask as we are in the same situation i think,we have to leave on the 5th Jan and we have a buyer but they cant sell theirs,they cant get no one in the door at the min,they do have a lovely house and we were all certain it would sell first time but not ONE PERSON has even looked,they do not know we are emigrating as i dont want any dirty tactics at the last min,
We are selling for 285,000, they said they can raise 250,00 cash from some policy but idealy they want to sell first,
after reading these and yours post is that true or possible that you can exchange with no money - how does that work though - do they get the house and then the money later or can they put a deposit down to secure and tie them in as my OH will have to come back if not,
Oh god no!!! Our buyers did have a buyer for their house, it was the solicitors that were taking ages to sort things out. We were stuck in the middle of a chain, but we all wanted to move, just the solicitors messing.
We obviously took a chance and moved before exchange, but it all went through the next day. I knew it would all go through, but if your buyers havn't got a buyer then you won't be going no-where...unless they have full cash.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:43 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Someone can *always* pull out - that's why you hold a deposit, which they lose if pulling out after exchanging contracts. Chances are that it will all go through OK, but there are enough horror stories here to be wary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.