British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Update from the Clacfarts (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/update-clacfarts-935583/)

Clacfart Nov 4th 2020 10:39 am

Update from the Clacfarts

Hey people! How are you all!!?

Been a while since I have been on here. SO much has happened so thought I would give a tiddle of an update :)
We are all well. I have really got going in my job and have been loving the difference here from the UK. However, my biggest news...... I have just been offered a managers role in midwifery! Soooo excited but a BIG move. Currently living in Port Pirie and now moving to Mount Gambier (never been there!) Anyone have any tips? Any must visit places? (although I am sure we will have plenty of time to explore seeing as we will be living there).

In other news, Master Clacfart is 10 months old! Can you believe that.... he is ONE next month.

All together, 2 years in.... I LOVE this country! Despite Covid we managed to get a little 2 week trip away to Cairns.... BEAUTIFUL.

How is everyone :)

old.sparkles Nov 11th 2020 12:06 am

Re: Update from the Clacfarts

Originally Posted by Clacfart (Post 12930397)

Been a while since I have been on here. SO much has happened so thought I would give a tiddle of an update :)
We are all well. I have really got going in my job and have been loving the difference here from the UK. However, my biggest news...... I have just been offered a managers role in midwifery! Soooo excited but a BIG move. Currently living in Port Pirie and now moving to Mount Gambier (never been there!) Anyone have any tips? Any must visit places? (although I am sure we will have plenty of time to explore seeing as we will be living there).

In other news, Master Clacfart is 10 months old! Can you believe that.... he is ONE next month.

All together, 2 years in.... I LOVE this country! Despite Covid we managed to get a little 2 week trip away to Cairns.... BEAUTIFUL.

Good to hear from you Clecfart and congratulations on the new job.

Can't offer any help on Mount Gambier - not been down that way. You'll have to post some pics when you get there :)

moneypenny20 Nov 13th 2020 8:40 am

Congratulations on the job. Hope you settle happily in Mount Gambier. (Never been, can't help).

Merseygirl Nov 26th 2020 1:31 am

I personally think that Mount Gambier is one of the nicer regional towns in SA. You will probably notice the climate is a bit cooler down there, compared to what you are used to in Port Pirie. It is also closer to the Vic border which makes it easier to take a trip along the Great Ocean Road.
Good luck with the move!

Clacfart Nov 26th 2020 12:42 pm

Hey, thanks you guys for replying. I will most definitely post pictures. Apparently the blue lake is beautiful. We move next week. Today was my last day but I am still going in tomorrow as one of my ladies is being induced and I want to birth her (at the moment I'm an MGP midwife who has an allocation of pregnant women, I see them for the whole of their pregnancy).

Hope you are all well? Master Clacfart is a massive fan of Bluey (not so keen in the wiggles).
I'll post a picture of him if I can.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...364cc7cdfd.jpg