British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Unusual day at the office (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/unusual-day-office-749735/)

verystormy Feb 25th 2012 10:58 pm

Unusual day at the office

Well, that was a very surreal day at work. I was sat at my desk this morning when all of a sudden a massive gun battle broke out a couple of hundred meters from me. A couple of dozen AK47's and a range of small arms. We werent realy sure what to make of it so just stood around behind a concrete wall chatting about it. Then it stopped, then an hour later it was off again. Then another non armed group; well i say none armed but all with machete tried to storm the camp. Deciding that there was nothing we could do but let our security team get on with it we just got on with work.

The realy bizzare part was that during this i was holding a safety meeting for my team in which we were discussing the safety issues with things like pot holes and the like but of course the slight safety issue of us being shot and / or cut to ribbons wasnt on the agenda so we didnt discuss it. Very strange. I think i have earned a beer today.

Bernieboy Feb 25th 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Unusual day at the office

Originally Posted by verystormy (Post 9921546)
Well, that was a very surreal day at work. I was sat at my desk this morning when all of a sudden a massive gun battle broke out a couple of hundred meters from me. A couple of dozen AK47's and a range of small arms. We werent realy sure what to make of it so just stood around behind a concrete wall chatting about it. Then it stopped, then an hour later it was off again. Then another non armed group; well i say none armed but all with machete tried to storm the camp. Deciding that there was nothing we could do but let our security team get on with it we just got on with work.

The realy bizzare part was that during this i was holding a safety meeting for my team in which we were discussing the safety issues with things like pot holes and the like but of course the slight safety issue of us being shot and / or cut to ribbons wasnt on the agenda so we didnt discuss it. Very strange. I think i have earned a beer today.

Make sure you keep one in the breech for yourself;)

chris955 Feb 25th 2012 11:20 pm

I always said that WA was a rough place :D

Dorothy Feb 25th 2012 11:41 pm

Who says Perth is boring?

irishbloo Feb 26th 2012 12:27 am

Glad you are safe:thumbsup:

eddie007 Feb 26th 2012 10:47 am

You work in armadale, right?
:rofl:

Vash the Stampede Feb 26th 2012 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9922325)
You work in armadale, right?
:rofl:

I would have said Kelmscott, but Armadale is a safe bet too. My first thought was 'Mirabooka', but the description wasn't violent enough.

:lol:

spartacus Feb 26th 2012 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede (Post 9922457)
I would have said Kelmscott, but Armadale is a safe bet too. My first thought was 'Mirabooka', but the description wasn't violent enough.

:lol:

I thought 'Super-A-Mart' Logan Central.

Amazulu Feb 26th 2012 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by verystormy (Post 9921546)

Just another day in Africa.

Get yourself an AK - it's an awesome weapon.

verystormy Feb 26th 2012 3:58 pm

I work in the north east of the Democratic Republic of Congo. Though yes Armadale often springs to mind. It is probably safer here though. ;)

IvanM Feb 26th 2012 3:59 pm

Is labour holding a leadership battle there?

paulry Feb 27th 2012 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 9922512)
Just another day in Africa.

Get yourself an AK - it's an awesome weapon.

:nod: