Wikiposts

unsolicited email

Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:56 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default unsolicited email

I've just received an email about a new forum for aus just wondering if anyone else had received anything like that as I'm always wary of unsolicited mail and the only places that have my email add that are to do with migration are here and dimia
Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: unsolicited email

Originally Posted by paul30
I've just received an email about a new forum for aus just wondering if anyone else had received anything like that as I'm always wary of unsolicited mail and the only places that have my email add that are to do with migration are here and dimia

Have received a few since been on this website.........
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:11 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Not forums I am getting offered jobs with the Sydney car company and management executive posts
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:14 am
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by asher
Not forums I am getting offered jobs with the Sydney car company and management executive posts
alright for some. knowing my look it's probably a con to try and rip me off
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:17 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

alright for some. knowing my look it's probably a con to try and rip me off
yes I am real good at selling cars!! what make is it? pink!! no what make

how should I know its a pink car innit

management executive I don't think so

just want my id to steal it I think
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:29 am
Beach Bum

yes I am real good at selling cars!! what make is it? pink!! no what make

how should I know its a pink car innit

management executive I don't think so

just want my id to steal it I think
do you have it in blue?
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:07 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've just got the new forum email and I get the Sydney car one EVERY day. It's driving me nuts. :curse:
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
Hi,

I've just got the new forum email and I get the Sydney car one EVERY day. It's driving me nuts. :curse:
maybe we should spam them back
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:25 am
Beach Bum

maybe we should spam them back
you are just too evil
Old Aug 25th 2007, 1:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is getting spam through this forum, especially advertising or directing them to a new forum, could you please forward the emails/pms to either Sue or I, so that we can identify the members responsible for spamming. Any members found to be doing this will be banned.

The email addresses are never given out to anyone, but if the options in your profile are set so that you can receive emails via BE then people can just click on the email option and send stuff to you. They will not be able to see your email address unless you reply to them.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 1:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

As Pollyana has already posted, we do not share email addresses with anyone. The only email we ever send to members are site updates, the newsletter and, of course, thread notifications (when someone has replied to a thread you have posted in) and even then you have complete control over those and can stop them at any time through your "profile"

It sounds like you were sent the email through your BE contact page. If so please forward the email to me (I'll pm you my email address) so I can ban the member concerned. Can you also let us know the url of the other "aus forum" because its obvious that there is some underhand spamming of BE members taking place.

Sue
Old Aug 25th 2007, 7:29 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
Hi,

Ah! The Sydney car market email! I wondered why I get that every day! Now I know! Bloomin' BE!
Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

I have a missus who thought it would be a good idea to answer a "you,ve won $10 million on the lottery" Everyday we have 2 or 3 e-mails from said co and they really piss me off. Any ideas to get rid of them would be grateful:curse:
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Originally Posted by framac
I have a missus who thought it would be a good idea to answer a "you,ve won $10 million on the lottery" Everyday we have 2 or 3 e-mails from said co and they really piss me off. Any ideas to get rid of them would be grateful:curse:
Do they all have the same email address? If so you could block them or designate them as junk/spam in your email programme.

Bouncing them back to the sender sometimes works too.