Reload this Page >

Unlimited broadband on the gold coast

Wikiposts

Unlimited broadband on the gold coast

Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Heleshka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unlimited broadband on the gold coast

Hi, we are moving to the gold coast in 2 weeks and will need a good/high speed internet as soon as possible. I would appreciate very much if someone living there could give an advice which provider/plan to choose.
We need either unlimited or at least 15 Gb per month with a decent speed for two laptops in one network. I have seen different plans from various providers (I used http://bc.whirlpool.net.au) but I don't know which are considered the best in terms of signal quality, speed, assistance etc.
There are so many plans, I am really confused.
So, if you can tell your provider and wether you are satisfided with its servics or not, this would help a lot.

Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 9th 2012, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice
Default Re: Unlimited broadband on the gold coast

Whirlpool forums are a great starting point for checking out information on just about anything. A lot of the guys who contribute are or were in fact, Telstra technicians or linesman - so they can offer a lot of expertise in the area of internet connections etc.

We use Bigpond (owned by Telstra) Broadband cable internet but they also offer ADSL or mobile modem (a little expensive). I believe Bigpond cable is the fastest available, but a little pricey for some. However, I run up to 9 computers on a network (at home) and cannot tolerate any lag or dropouts and have had unlimited for a number of years now, starting off at 25gb per month to now having a whopping 500gb. The unlimited applies once you hit your maximum they will slow down your upload/download speed but not charge you any extra.

We were paying for separate telephone access and separate broadband, but the last few years Telstra offered bundled packages which are hard to pass up. You can bundle your internet, landline and pay TV if you want.

A little history and background. Telstra (used to be called Telecom but was originally operated by the GPO, General Post Office or Post Master General-now I'm showing my age) is the nations premier telephone provider (it used to be govt. owned then was privatised). They laid all the lines and cables and other providers lease the use of such.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Work Widow; Jul 9th 2012 at 11:19 pm. Reason: clarification
Old Jul 10th 2012, 12:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

iinet.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Heleshka is an unknown quantity at this point

Work Widow This will help a lot! Thank you! I studied the site you mentioned for an hour yesterday and all I got is headache. There are hundrends of topics and it's hard to figure out which information will be valid to our location.
My job is much connected with internet and I also will have problems in case of lags or dropouts, so your experience is very important.

moneypenny20 Thank you!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 9:07 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/home-broadband-bigpond-elite-plans/index.htm?2473PSEM&tc=G|E|D|BP|bphmbb|BBTermsBrand Generic|S|BroadbandPlan&s_kwcid=TC|17092|telstar%2 0broadband||S|e|15610506186

Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:34 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/home-broadband-bigpond-elite-plans/index.htm?2473PSEM&tc=G|E|D|BP|bphmbb|BBTermsBrand Generic|S|BroadbandPlan&s_kwcid=TC|17092|telstar%2 0broadband||S|e|15610506186

Did you have a good trip Steve? Will we read of your adventure here?
Old Jul 10th 2012, 11:46 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Did you have a good trip Steve? Will we read of your adventure here?
i`m writing an update for my mum so i copy that over to you if you want mate,

going out through wide bay bar in pitch black at 4.30am was an adventure on its own