Wikiposts

Unhappy people

Old Mar 6th 2011, 10:51 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unhappy people

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Why are so many posters on BE unhappy and/or full of loathing and anger?
Originally Posted by Pollyana
I disagree actually. Sometimes its easier to get the negative stuff out of your system when talking to strangers. I would never dream of telling most of my family about some of my lowest moments, because it would upset THEM too much - much easier to say some things to people you are unlikely to meet.

Bingo! We have a winner!
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Bingo! We have a winner!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 4:19 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Devil made me do it. (Just kidding.)
We all get those moments

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
& thanks my friend, cheque is in the post!

I disagree actually. Sometimes its easier to get the negative stuff out of your system when talking to strangers. I would never dream of telling most of my family about some of my lowest moments, because it would upset THEM too much - much easier to say some things to people you are unlikely to meet.
Where would we be without our BE angels?
Old Mar 7th 2011, 4:23 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Bingo! We have a winner!
True for some maybe but others just like to be unhappy - and all the bitching and moaning that this entails
Old Mar 7th 2011, 4:48 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
We all get those moments

To be honest, I'm not sure some of us would be still here at all.......in every sense of the word.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people seem to get a kick out of others being unhappy, and even voice their disdain for such people, this may not make them unhappy themselves, but certainly sad
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:05 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

This is much more common than you think. Look at mental health. The nurses are strangers yet we expect the patients to tell us thier deepest darkest fears and secrets.

Sometimes telling family and friends can make you feel a failure especialy if you are always the strong one who everyone relies. Sometimes people feel as though thier stress is not important enough to bother family especially if the family have some stress already. Also some people feel as though they should be able to cope ie are superwoman(man) some feel as though they should be independant hence the need sometimes to post as a invisable person on be where noone knows them as such. This can be seen as a safty valve for them and sometime strangers offer the best support because there is no comeback ever or reminding in the future of thier previous "failure" which I have seen family do.

Sorry waffled a bit wil get off my horse now and hide

Avril
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:00 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by avi
This is much more common than you think. Look at mental health. The nurses are strangers yet we expect the patients to tell us thier deepest darkest fears and secrets.

Sometimes telling family and friends can make you feel a failure especialy if you are always the strong one who everyone relies. Sometimes people feel as though thier stress is not important enough to bother family especially if the family have some stress already. Also some people feel as though they should be able to cope ie are superwoman(man) some feel as though they should be independant hence the need sometimes to post as a invisable person on be where noone knows them as such. This can be seen as a safty valve for them and sometime strangers offer the best support because there is no comeback ever or reminding in the future of thier previous "failure" which I have seen family do.

Sorry waffled a bit wil get off my horse now and hide

Avril
No need to hide, all makes perfect sense Strong one that everyone relies on and now she can't cope? Sounds all tooooooo familiar......I do have someone I can talk to if I need to, and I know my family would listen if I talked, but I also know there's a lot of stuff my family as a whole will never know, cos it just wouldn't make sense to them - it wouldn't fit the "me" that they are used to.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 8:26 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
What are you after?