Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Uncut lenses for existing frames

Wikiposts

Uncut lenses for existing frames

Old Apr 23rd 2014, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Uncut lenses for existing frames

Anyone know of opticians in Australia that will fit uncut prescription lenses? I bought a pair of glasses online and when I got them back I fond that the PD was wrong. A local optician reluctantly gave me the correct measurements and I got the online reseller to send me new lenses to the correct measurements.

Opticians can be difficult to deal with if you're not buying frames and so need to know if there is a friendly one that is willing to help me out. I can send them anywhere in Australia to get them done. Save myself a couple of hundred at least if I don't need new lenses.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 4:56 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uncut lenses for existing frames

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Anyone know of opticians in Australia that will fit uncut prescription lenses? I bought a pair of glasses online and when I got them back I fond that the PD was wrong. A local optician reluctantly gave me the correct measurements and I got the online reseller to send me new lenses to the correct measurements.

Opticians can be difficult to deal with if you're not buying frames and so need to know if there is a friendly one that is willing to help me out. I can send them anywhere in Australia to get them done. Save myself a couple of hundred at least if I don't need new lenses.

I have sent my glasses back to a place in the UK to have the frames re-glazed. You may find that Specsavers will help you out in this case though - They had no problems with me getting a script from them and then ordering online. They know it's a tough market, so may offer you some good will.

S
Old Apr 27th 2014, 5:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uncut lenses for existing frames

My OPSM branch were quite happy to give me my prescription in order to get it filled elsewhere.