UK visit

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:56 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK visit

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
....Remember when people from school visited Germany they noticed how clean it was. Can't say I noticed poo and litter but we were lucky to be staying in what is now an ''exclusive' London suburb.
Can't trust the opinion of the Germans

Maybe in your 'exclusive' London suburb they all poo in the park instead

Some areas are better than others. Where we used to live, Surrey Quays, things had improved (but not completely). Lewisham and Chelsea were as bad as they used to be. I suspect if you're further out in Richmond or Wimbledon then the locals are more likely to drive their mutts to the local park.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Maybe in your 'exclusive' London suburb they all poo in the park instead

Some areas are better than others. Where we used to live, Surrey Quays, things had improved (but not completely). Lewisham and Chelsea were as bad as they used to be. I suspect if you're further out in Richmond or Wimbledon then the locals are more likely to drive their mutts to the local park.
Surrey Quays. I remember that when it started out 15 years ago. I should imagine it would be gearing up nicely in some parts. Thing is alot of places are being gentrified but are still many decades away.

yup. It pains me to talk about ''exclusive'' suburbs because my old man only lives on the fringes of Richmond but it really is the case that when you compare where he lives with alot of UK plc it *really* is....

And all those dogs do poo in the park, or the owners proudly scoop.

Lewisham was one of the places that reinforced that its all about area, sod all about Australia vs UK.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Good read that was Bix

Welcome home
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
People will line up every hoon or drunk as an example, but I find Australian teens a lot less aggressive and without that look you mention that some UK teens have.
I have to agree with this comment. Teens here are far more pleasant and seem to mix with adults more easily. I think I used to have that teen look that you mention!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rabsody
I have to agree with this comment. Teens here are far more pleasant and seem to mix with adults more easily. I think I used to have that teen look that you mention!
Im sure thats to do with the socializing,as we tend to socialize more in families here ,therefore the kids are around adults more and comfortable in their company."It not a children are seen but not heard culture"
donna
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:47 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Excellent read Bix. Makes me sad. Love Cornwall (especially Perrenporth)
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:10 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what a thread.

I really enjoyed reading this. It's dispelled some illusions that I have about the West Country (Cornwall).

Thanks.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:52 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Oh quit moaning you whinging pom!!

P.S seriously - I hope the rest of your trip is a pleasant one!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:01 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

you took photos of shite!!!!

bix you need help pal
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Great post mate. I'm dreading Heathrow Hopefully the actual trip will be good but I'm definitely twitchy about it all. As you say, roll on next year and a holiday somewhere new
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

great post bix.
Dom
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Really interesting post Bix!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:18 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

that was a great read bix I'm sorry your area has changed like that.

In the area I live I think we are in a time warp as it's still a good place to live and no-one lets their dog foul the pavements as we have bins for that.

I think that must be the worst job in the world emptying those bins
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

propercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nice

what a great post Bix. You're spot on in more ways than one about the town
Glad your Dads ok
Heather
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:01 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I have never been a fan of St Austell. I grew up in Penzance and Camborne, but spent the 8 years before we left at our home in Portreath on the Coast north of Redruth. I love my home in Portreath and I love Cornwall, there is little to compare when it comes to views and countryside.

I have been home twice in the past 15 months. Once for a trip to visit my parents after a business trip and once to bury my Dad. Each time I return the England (to get to Cornwall) I am staggered at how crap service and attitude it, but that was always different when I got to Cornwall. The tourists were sullen and the "up country" home owners in the area were as reserved as always, but all the Cornish still smiled and still greeted me every morning on my morning walk on the beach. Oh, and no ******* carrots in the Pasties !!

We are now trying to sell my stunning house so that we can get onto the property ladder here without killing our savings on an insane mortgage. I will miss that house like hell and I know I will always regret selling that view of the beach and sea. I still miss those hot summer days (all eight of them) on the beach and fireworks night which we all loved so much.

Don't get me wrong I love were I live now, I love our new Australian friends and the social life which we simply didn't have back in the UK. However, no matter how much the English government screws up Cornwall it will still be my home and I will always love Cornwall

Kernow Bys Vyken!

Al

Last edited by bigAPE; Jun 24th 2008 at 8:05 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.