Wikiposts

uk tv Conversion

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Flishinghurst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uk tv Conversion

I'm in the process sorting out what to have packed by PPS to bring to Perth and I understand that UK TV without PAL I can be used by using Australian VCR with Scart lead.

can any one advise if this can be done or if its worth bringing TV,s

Thanks

John

Last edited by Flishinghurst; Jan 3rd 2006 at 6:21 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

ndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: uk tv Conversion

Originally Posted by Flishinghurst
I'm in the process sorting out what to have packed by PPS to bring to Perth and I understand that UK TV without PAL I can be used by using Australian VCR with Scart lead.

Thanks

John
VCR's are a bit old now but oz is also PAL, arent you bringing your uk vcr ?
As for a scart socket on an oz vcr, scart didnt catch on as quick as in uk so Id take a guess and say the best or usual connection would be with RCA audio/video cables (ya know, the yellow video and left right red/white audio)
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:55 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flishinghurst

Thanks

John
Neither of my TVs work properly with Oz TV (PAL B/G when UK is PAL I) but I have my big TV through Foxtel with a scart connector and my portable in the spare room with a digibox and scart. You could do the same thing with an Aussie VCR.

As the other guy said, scart isn't so popular here, you get the RCA jacks instead but you can buy a scart connector cheap enough.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Neither of my TVs work properly with Oz TV (PAL B/G when UK is PAL I) but I have my big TV through Foxtel with a scart connector and my portable in the spare room with a digibox and scart. You could do the same thing with an Aussie VCR.

As the other guy said, scart isn't so popular here, you get the RCA jacks instead but you can buy a scart connector cheap enough.

Digi boxes, come with composite inputs, "3 channels for the colors" if your tv can handle that, or svideo. Digi boxes are down to 80 bucks now as well.

Just realised, you can get Composite to Scart connectors from Jaycar here in Melbourne.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:35 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Digi boxes, come with composite inputs, "3 channels for the colors" if your tv can handle that, or svideo. Digi boxes are down to 80 bucks now as well.

Just realised, you can get Composite to Scart connectors from Jaycar here in Melbourne.
That's what I meant by RCA jacks. We're singing from the same hymn sheet
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
That's what I meant by RCA jacks. We're singing from the same hymn sheet

There is a big quality difference between component RCA jacks, Yellow video, Red and white Audio and Composite "3 colour" video in. Apologies for getting "anoraky" on you.

Best connections in order of Quality

10/10 Scart or Dvi, plus the Two Audio in.

8/10 Composite, 3 colour in, or (yr vr br) plus the two audio channels,

4/10 Component, Yellow Video plus the two Audio's

1/10 and best avoided the old RF Ariel connection.

Do not believe the Crap about HDMI, as that is basically the same as scart, plus all the Audio, and a power connection, There is no quality improvement with HDMI above Scart.

Of course the above audio can be supplemented by a extra coaxial or optical Audio channel in, for 5/1 sound Systems.

Believe it or not, good quality cables, especially on DVD and HD Systems make a noticeable difference

Hmm I may have OD'd on research for these tv systems, LOL

Dammit I have got it bad.... Edit, I forgot Svideo which is 6/10 behind 3 colour Composite.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 3rd 2006 at 11:09 pm.