Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

UK Radio in Oz - Instant injection of Britishness.

UK Radio in Oz - Instant injection of Britishness.

Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Radio in Oz - Instant injection of Britishness.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
WTF? Can you actually read English? I never called you 'sad, insular and pathetic'. The fact that a popular music radio station only plays British music is ridiculous

I never knew British music was a 'brand', but looks like I'm learning new things every day

Get your facts right turbo

I think your totally wrong, I gave it a go and have switched from Radio 2 over to Union Jack radio. I played it on our tannoy at work on our Thursday night shift and the Aussies at work enjoyed it as well.

A great mix of music and really good to hear stuff that is rarely heard these days.

Some of the content actually surprised me, as I never knew it was British.

I think there's a market for Australia and other countries to do exactly the same thing.

Particularly like that, you can vote for the song that gets the most airplay, which is like a competition between the older and younger listener.

Here's my favourite song of it from this week, only ever heard it on Spotify or Pandora before, never the radio.... Hence my big up for Union Jack radio.... rare songs.

You'll enjoy the clip Zulu if not the song.

Forgot to add, really enjoying the small comedy grabs on the station as well.

Thank OP for suggesting this station.

Hope someone in Australia tries the same thing.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 9:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I think your totally wrong, I gave it a go and have switched from Radio 2 over to Union Jack radio. I played it on our tannoy at work on our Thursday night shift and the Aussies at work enjoyed it as well.

A great mix of music and really good to hear stuff that is rarely heard these days.

Some of the content actually surprised me, as I never knew it was British.

I think there's a market for Australia and other countries to do exactly the same thing.

Particularly like that, you can vote for the song that gets the most airplay, which is like a competition between the older and younger listener.

Here's my favourite song of it from this week, only ever heard it on Spotify or Pandora before, never the radio.... Hence my big up for Union Jack radio.... rare songs.

You'll enjoy the clip Zulu if not the song.

Forgot to add, really enjoying the small comedy grabs on the station as well.

Thank OP for suggesting this station.

Hope someone in Australia tries the same thing.
Its got some really good tunes, hasn't it, I'm hooked!
Old Oct 20th 2017, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its got some really good tunes, hasn't it, I'm hooked!

Sure has, stuff I never thought of playing or would enjoy.

To be frank, some of the "Black" music they play really surprises me as I always thought it was American or elsewhere before.

I can see it becoming the UK's top station. I figured it was going to be an amateurish "Net" station rather than a slick national production with Net Coverage. Very surprised and makes a change to get a recommendation that exceeds expectations by a miles.

Pretty stupid to knock something you ain't even tried as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 20th 2017 at 9:15 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

robowen will become famous soon enoughrobowen will become famous soon enough

Glad most of you are liking it and / or giving it a go.

I just found it instantly likeable especially the comedy segments.
I noticed also there's no talk over the songs either so you generally hear them until the end....unheard of today.

Old Oct 21st 2017, 9:42 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robowen
Glad most of you are liking it and / or giving it a go.

I just found it instantly likeable especially the comedy segments.
I noticed also there's no talk over the songs either so you generally hear them until the end....unheard of today.

I've been working in a radio dead zone all week where the only signal I could pick up was the local 4GY Talkback radio with John Laws had me thinking "Where the hell did I move to"
Old Oct 21st 2017, 12:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't get it open up in Chrome, just get a blank page. I'll stick with my Spotify.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I can't get it open up in Chrome, just get a blank page. I'll stick with my Spotify.
Try via this "Major Geeks" recommended download, so it should be 100 pct safe.

http://free.discoverliveradio.com/index.jhtml?partner=^CPN^xdm107&sub_id=7&s2=dr_nc& s3=44f7868&s4=7
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
UK Radio Stations webcasting in Streaming mp3/mp3PRO (SHOUTcast/Icecast) format

its way down the bottom
just click on 128k stereo

no need to install anything it runs on VLC
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 11:51 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Tuned in. Kayleigh by Marillion. Tuned out.

Incidentally - if you're a Mac user check out Radium (Radium ~ Perfect Internet Radio) excellent Internet radio player that sits in the menu bar.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Hutch is back? Ive barely looked in these days...

Are we returning to the age old days where more than about 2 people bicker? Ie.. not just the contributions of Garry and Beoz.. with Zulu telling people to stay calm and stop acting like the bozos they clearly are....even G surfaced the other day it seemed...

He he
Old Oct 24th 2017, 11:11 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Hutch is back? Ive barely looked in these days...

Are we returning to the age old days where more than about 2 people bicker? Ie.. not just the contributions of Garry and Beoz.. with Zulu telling people to stay calm and stop acting like the bozos they clearly are....even G surfaced the other day it seemed...

He he

Don't worry Badge - I'm sure there's plenty of scope for this thread to devolve into a tried and trusted Left vs Right bashathon.

S
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Don't worry Badge - I'm sure there's plenty of scope for this thread to devolve into a tried and trusted Left vs Right bashathon.

S
BE through the ages...that's it..currently left vs right (automation) and no other discussion in sight..
Old Oct 25th 2017, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Something I learned or really sank in way-way back. A real in-depth life lesson Twas a real revelation for my 16YO brain.

Just got to wait.....For the bad and the good, unfortunately.

Thanks, George.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 25th 2017 at 11:57 am.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Great album Ozzieeagle!
My fav radio station in the Uk is Radio 6.Its mature,intelligent and they play a really good mix of songs.
I will have a listen to UJ Radio though.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Great album Ozzieeagle!
My fav radio station in the Uk is Radio 6.Its mature,intelligent and they play a really good mix of songs.
I will have a listen to UJ Radio though.
Not listened to Radio 6 before, in fact I didn't even know it existed, so will give it a go tonight. It's great that there is so much choice available on the net now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.