Wikiposts

UK Nova Scoring

Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default UK Nova Scoring

Hi
Might be a bit of a dozy question but what does the scoring mean on UK Nova?

regards
Debs
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:01 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Nova Scoring

Originally Posted by debsy
Hi

regards
Debs
Not a lot - I'm on 85Gb download - 17Gb upload ...
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:17 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Hi

regards
Debs
Your score is basically a reflection of how much you have allowed to upload to others compared to what you have downloaded. Download 5GB and upload 4GB and your score will be about 80. That will mean you wait about 2 hours before you can download the brand new stuff. It works on a kind of sliding scale. Quite important if you want to watch last nights soap, sitcom or sport.

The Box requires you to maintain a certain ratio to be allowed to download anything at all (80% when you are a regular). But with Nova it just determines whether you have to wait for the new stuff. You get leeway at first but after 5Gb or so you need to maintain a decent score to avoid waiting up to 10 hours to download stuff. Doubleclick on your username and it will tell you how long you have to wait and whether it is caused by a low score or not enough use.

For completeness, you don't have to actually record stuff and submit it, just let your torrent prog send back the stuff you downloaded to keep your ratio / score up.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:29 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

138 me
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Dropped down to 153, but seem to be watching iplayer and the itv one more atm. Can't find a fix around 4od though, as it opens it's own window so I can't run it through a proxy.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:21 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

365 me, is that good or bad
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
365 me, is that good or bad
Good.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:21 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Good.
I'm 113
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
I'm 113
That's okay. I'm 480.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:43 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
That's okay. I'm 480.
I won't tell if you don't lol
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of

Hmmmm, I'm on 7....... may have a bit of work to do!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by godfrey family-lets go!
Hmmmm, I'm on 7....... may have a bit of work to do!
yeah me to mine is 11
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Dropped down to 153, but seem to be watching iplayer and the itv one more atm. Can't find a fix around 4od though, as it opens it's own window so I can't run it through a proxy.
Take it your using a UK bsed proxy - where did you find one that works ? I've been looking around for ages trying to get one that actually works with BBCi without much success.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by filcomm
Take it your using a UK bsed proxy - where did you find one that works ? I've been looking around for ages trying to get one that actually works with BBCi without much success.

http://www.iprivacytools.com/ You have to watch it through the player though, it wont let you download, opens another window like 4od.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gjn200
http://www.iprivacytools.com/ You have to watch it through the player though, it wont let you download, opens another window like 4od.
Thanks will have a look at this