Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

UK - no smoking in pubs

Wikiposts

UK - no smoking in pubs

Old Feb 14th 2006, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK - no smoking in pubs

In case anyone's interested....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4709258.stm
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:01 am
Just Joined

jayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to all
Default Re: UK - no smoking in pubs

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
whoo hoo..... i can soon have a night out and not wake in the morning smelling of an ashtray.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:10 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

yep that's good news for sure....good on yer great britain
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yep that's good news for sure....good on yer great britain
Proberly the only one good thing the goverment has agreed on
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:35 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Rob and I went to Dublin for his 40th birthday a few months back and they have a no smoking policy in the pubs......and how nice it is

Trish xx

Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

time to give up!
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:05 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

The smokers will just move outside the pub and onto the streets.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

They have this policy here in Toronto, pubs / bars are losing a lot of money. As someone said smokers will just smoke outside the pub door wich doesn't seem to be too much of a problem here in Canada but I can imagine in UK trouble will start when you have large groups of lads standing around outside pubs after 10 pints :scared:
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

great news, I work in a bar at the moment, I come home stinking of smoke and probably have smoked the equivalent of 3-4 cigarettes in second hand smoke while serving.

Dirty habit, the only reason its legal is because the government make so much money. If Tobabco had been discovered a few hundred years later it would be put in the same category as other 'illegal' drugs.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:31 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

It canny come quick enough

The most disgusting place in our town is the bus station, I wish they'd bloody ban it there and while there at it, if they would ban the junkies from it, that would be good to
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mctree
The smokers will just move outside the pub and onto the streets.

sounds good to me
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

Fanbloody tastic it's about time !! Can't stand the filthy habbit
Pity i've had to passive smoke for the past 15-20 yrs..........worked in bands since i was 15yrs.... whilst working as a pro musician, probably end up like poor Roy Castle ....But like him i love what i do
Phil
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Margaret2
It canny come quick enough

The most disgusting place in our town is the bus station, I wish they'd bloody ban it there and while there at it, if they would ban the junkies from it, that would be good to
yeah agree they wanna be strict like in singapore, hands cut off if caught dumping dog ends..lol slight exaggeration there but heavy fines
Old Feb 14th 2006, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

Wow its about time