Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

UK lecturer now working in Blockbusters

UK lecturer now working in Blockbusters

Old Feb 11th 2006, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK lecturer now working in Blockbusters

Doesn't that say it all!!!!!!!
Old Feb 11th 2006, 1:27 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: UK lecturer now working in Blockbusters

Originally Posted by Pennyhen2
You mean changed from a hectic life to a relaxed life ?

I've changed from being a high earner to a more relaxed person. I would not dream of going back to what I did full time.

Some people come here and CHOOSE a different lifestyle.

OK, it is harder for some to do what they used to do, but not everyone wants to do the same again.

Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Well done , congratulations on your new job, bet you are glad to be out of that lecturer lark.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 3:33 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Can you get me Cinderella man for a 1 night hire please?
Old Feb 11th 2006, 6:00 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

WOW!!.....you must get to see all the movies first!
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
WOW!!.....you must get to see all the movies first!
My daughters would be over the moon if I had a job there - all the popcorn they can eat

They really want me to work at Wendy's
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
They really want me to work at Wendy's
I'd lik to see you shaking your strawberries
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:35 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

You've just posted this in your other thread, why do you need to start a new thread
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:46 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

much of a pay rise?
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's all about choices..............

Errrrrrrrr………………so what’s the big deal?

I also came from a high powered (some might say) incredibly stressful but financially rewarding position to a part-time job way down from my past hierarchical ladder.

I now have time for my children, whereas in the first few years of their life I was vaguely aware there were small people running around, plus I also have time to cherish and nurture my relationship with their mother, my lovely wife.

So I ask again…….what’s the big deal?
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:58 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Cor, it's getting difficult to get a job even in Bockbusters
Old Feb 11th 2006, 8:04 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: UK lecturer now working in Blockbusters

Australian with government job now working in call centre. (Or was, until I chucked it in six weeks ago after six months of gruelling shift work.)

Several misleading offers from recruitment agencies later, I am now applying for a job with Walsall Council.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 8:33 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

That's nothing - last night I went into the Ming Wah chinese and was served by Stephen Hawking PHD.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 8:52 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

You mean changed from a hectic life to a relaxed life ?
ABC is spot on with the above.

Although my situation is different i am changing my way of life when i move to Brisbane later on the year, i have recently been promoted to a management position good timing i have to admit, extra money that i will be able to save and take with me, I will also leave behind my first year of university. I will have to start all over again from the bottom, and i am not really worried about it, because there is a purpose for everything, and mine is to be with my little boy (he lives in brisbane with his mum) and i don't intend to have the same hectic and stressful life that i am having here, where it's just home-work-uni-home and this cycle repeats it self for 5 days and sometimes 6 per week...

I will find a balance in Australia, and i will not make the same mistake of living to work, by the way im 24 and just found out my first white hair, i wonder why... :scared: :scared:

Last edited by Boomerang; Feb 11th 2006 at 8:54 am.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 9:26 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

There's a man works down my chip shop swears he's Elvis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.