Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

UK flights/Airports shutdown for up to 3 days

UK flights/Airports shutdown for up to 3 days

Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:27 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK flights/Airports shutdown for up to 3 days

Both the BA 11 and BA 15 have been cancelled for Thursday evening.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Thanks peeps. Yes I can understand why they take it seriously too and wouldn't want to take a chance. It is my 40th birthday too, was supposed to be spending it in the FourSeasons hotel and having dinner overlooking harbour and opera house. Now maybe I have holiday inn at heathrow to look forward to. Oh well, I will look back and laugh.
That's a shame maybe it'll break up a bit overnight.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Friends of ours are flying back to UK this eve after a holiday in Oz. I wonder if they`ll be able to land at LHR tomorrow.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

BA have grounded all flights until at least 6.30am. It is just until 6pm tonight for the airport in general at the moment. We are on Cathay CX 252 tomorrow. I saw it managed to get out today as it went 45 mins early before they shut airport. Just crossing my fingers now.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Friends of ours are flying back to UK this eve after a holiday in Oz. I wonder if they`ll be able to land at LHR tomorrow.
The airspace is going to be reviewed at 18.00BST and may not open again until tomorrow. They may be lucky, but not sure if they will dispatch flights from the stopover (SIN, HKG) until airspace is open again?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:09 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Apparently last time this Volcaneo erupted 189 years ago it kept erupting...............For another 18 months !!

Dougie
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:13 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Apparently last time this Volcaneo erupted 189 years ago it kept erupting...............For another 18 months !!

Dougie
Dougie

How are ya?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Dougie for those reassuring words. :-)
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

UK airspace now closed until 7am tomorrow. It's possible they'll keep it closed too if the winds are still bringing the ash towards us.

http://www.nats.co.uk/

If the volcano erupts as long as last time, then northern Europe could have intermittent closures for a very long time.

Last edited by xzibit; Apr 15th 2010 at 1:50 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:05 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
UK airspace now closed until 7am tomorrow. It's possible they'll keep it closed too if the winds are still bringing the ash towards us.

http://www.nats.co.uk/

If the volcano erupts as long as last time, then northern Europe could have intermittent closures for a very long time.
Glad Im not flying there. I wonder how long they can keep airports shut for and how quickly the winds can change to cause flights to be cancelled?

I feel very sorry for anyone who is affected by this.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My travel agent (Trailfinders) has just told me that it looks very unlikely that my plane will go tomorrow as the plane will be in the wrong place even if airspace is re-opened. And furthermore there are no seats whatsoever on their flights up until Wednesday next week. It is my 40th on Monday. My plans are ruined. Boo hoo. :-(
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

My travel agent (Trailfinders) has just told me that it looks very unlikely that my plane will go tomorrow as the plane will be in the wrong place even if airspace is re-opened. And furthermore there are no seats whatsoever on their flights up until Wednesday next week. It is my 40th on Monday. My plans are ruined. Boo hoo. :-(
Terrible sorry, is there some where you can have a nice evening there close by?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for you Bermuda, at least you're safe and if you don't make it out in time try to arrange something special over here. Just saw someone on TV who can't go on honeymoon. for 8PM tonight.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 3:18 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Really awful BS!

Cathay have an update on their website:

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_AU/specialupdates

It looks like the inbound CX255 to London which I think will be your plane is currently delayed nearly 11 hours - if it does make it in not sure which flight it would end up operating back out though. Good luck!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

Hey Bermuda, that really sucks, so sorry for you, we fly next thursday.... Maybe ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.