Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

UK flights/Airports shutdown for up to 3 days

UK flights/Airports shutdown for up to 3 days

Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:54 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK flights/Airports shutdown for up to 3 days

Well we're now on a rollercoaster as, when I arrived, I was told no way was she coming home, they'd put a DNR on her, and it was going to be "soon". Yesterday I was told she's a little miracle and has fought off the post-op pneumonia despite being about 4 stone, and they're really much more optimistic although the bowel biopsy will take another couple of weeks (over 3 weeks? WTF???)

Won't go into detail on the rest of the issues but taking one day at a time.

Thanks for all your good wishes. People all over the world are thinking good thoughts for her.

PS Husband is flying over tomorrow with Emirates, so please keep those fingers crossed it really is about 24 hours for him. I hope he gets a good sleep on the plane after being my personal travel agent 24/7 for a week and then exchanging on an apartment today!

Last edited by Kooky.; Apr 27th 2010 at 7:58 am.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the apartment. Three weeks sounds a long time for a biopsy but what do I know. Glad she's picked up a bit, she may have some unfinished business - goodbyes, chat, etc. Quite often happens, on the other hand you could have her around for a few more years so enjoy the time you have.

Take care.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 2:37 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Hi All. Here's a summary of my trip. This is the short version
Wow, that's quite a trip you've had! You, your hubby, your family and friends have shown such determination. All the best to you and for your mum's recovery.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Seasider

Glad to hear your Mum's a bit better, hubbys on his way over and congratulations on the apartment! 3 good things!

KK
Old Apr 28th 2010, 3:07 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived back in London late on Monday night after an Amazing Race type journey from Tioman Island. While packing to leave Tioman on Sunday we received a message that a flight had been arranged for us by Malaysia Airways and we were to fly at 2.10 pm the following day. After getting the ferry back to the mainland we had to take a series of buses from Mersing via Jahor Bahru back to Kuala Lumpur. Once at KL we had just enough time to re-pack our luggage and get ourselves to the airport. It turned out that the seats were only on standby and we were positions 24 to 27 in the queue . But thankfully, we got on the flight. It's good to be home

Since we got back so late I felt tempted to take Tuesday off but decided against it and went to work armed with a couple of cans of Red Bull. It turned out to be a wise decision because our subsidiary GM over-rode the group's mean zero concession ruling with a much more generous extra one week's paid leave. This means that I've only had to sacrifice one additional day from my annual holiday allowance