Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

UK flights/Airports shutdown for up to 3 days

UK flights/Airports shutdown for up to 3 days

Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Default UK flights/Airports shutdown for up to 3 days

UK flights/Airports shutdown country wide for up to 3 days due to Icelandic Volcanic Ash.

Last edited by pproehann; Apr 15th 2010 at 8:58 am.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK flights/Airports shutdown for up to 3 days

Originally Posted by pproehann
UK flights/Airports shutdown country wide for up to 3 days due to Icelandic Volcanic Ash.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8621407.stm

Why couldn't it happen NEXT week!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Re: UK flights/Airports shutdown for up to 3 days

Originally Posted by Pollyana
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8621407.stm

Why couldn't it happen NEXT week!
It hasn't stopped errupting yet so you may still be in luck..fingers crossed for you.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:47 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pproehann
It hasn't stopped errupting yet so you may still be in luck..fingers crossed for you.
If they start offering money for people to delay their flights I'll be first in the queue! Pick me, pick me
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:49 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If they start offering money for people to delay their flights I'll be first in the queue! Pick me, pick me
Whatever they offer i will double it too the airline to TAKE you
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:01 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Whatever they offer i will double it too the airline to TAKE you
You're just rotten!!! I shall heckle loudly at your next karaoke song AND set my scary niece on you
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

All closed?? But I am on my way to heathrow today to start my visa validation trip!!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
All closed?? But I am on my way to heathrow today to start my visa validation trip!!
Heathrow are supposedly cancelling all flights from midday. I would check with your airline.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:17 am
Home and Happy

FERK!!!! Ring your airline NOW!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Sky news UK definitely said ring your airline/airport but apparantly volcanic ash is a well known plane clogger which equals crash.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Airline are uncontactable (engaged constantly). We are staying at airport hotel tonight and due to fly lunchtime tomorrow. Just going to go down and see what happens, my hotel is paid for already so might as well. :-(
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:39 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Airline are uncontactable (engaged constantly). We are staying at airport hotel tonight and due to fly lunchtime tomorrow. Just going to go down and see what happens, my hotel is paid for already so might as well. :-(
According to the news on ITV the flights are restarting at 1800 tonight,so hopefully you will be fine tomorrow
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Good luck, it will all depend on cloud thickness, speed, direction etc..
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:45 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
According to the news on ITV the flights are restarting at 1800 tonight,so hopefully you will be fine tomorrow
Yep, fingers crossed.
I remember the BA 747 that had 4 engines shut down due to being clogged with ash, so I can see why they are taking this seriously.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks peeps. Yes I can understand why they take it seriously too and wouldn't want to take a chance. It is my 40th birthday too, was supposed to be spending it in the FourSeasons hotel and having dinner overlooking harbour and opera house. Now maybe I have holiday inn at heathrow to look forward to. Oh well, I will look back and laugh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.