Is UK f**ked ?

Old Oct 25th 2009, 11:30 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is UK f**ked ?

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I really like Swaffham to be honest. Just makes me laugh when people say things like Norfolk is rough!! They really need to travel more.
You have no idea how rough Norfolk can be man!
Attached Thumbnails Is UK f**ked ?-n557405026_1222946_4907.jpg  
Old Oct 26th 2009, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I really like Swaffham to be honest. Just makes me laugh when people say things like Norfolk is rough!! They really need to travel more.
what? like to australia?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 4:26 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
what? like to australia?
Or one of other 193 countries of the world!?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:52 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
what? like to australia?
Travelling to Norfolk would probably be a good start.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

The UK is doing ok. Stop putting down the UK to make yourself feel better about the choices you have made. Me thinks that there is a little voice in the back of your mind telling you that you made a mistake emigrating.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:08 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
They do indeed.... but since I am in Dartmoor I feel more than happy that Norfolk has its problems.
The mad house ????
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simongb
The UK is doing ok. Stop putting down the UK to make yourself feel better about the choices you have made. Me thinks that there is a little voice in the back of your mind telling you that you made a mistake emigrating.
I think there is a voice in your mind that assumes that everyone who runs down the UK has made a decision they regret. Me thinks the reality is that we don't know and can't.

I think it is more likely that it's just that they had a bit of a rough time in the UK and have less than a benovelent view of it and therefore take some bizarre (but perhaps understandable) interest in any of it's failings, rightly or wrongly advertised.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:03 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I think there is a voice in your mind that assumes that everyone who runs down the UK has made a decision they regret. Me thinks the reality is that we don't know and can't.

I think it is more likely that it's just that they had a bit of a rough time in the UK and have less than a benovelent view of it and therefore take some bizarre (but perhaps understandable) interest in any of it's failings, rightly or wrongly advertised.
Are you guys talking about the same stuckinblighty who started this thread?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:09 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Is UK f**ked ?

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Well...is it ?
No. Despite all tabloid claims to the contrary, the UK is an excellent place to live and an even better place to do business. Great Britain continues to be the financial powerhouse of Europe, despite the relatively weak pound in recent years.

She is a gateway for international commerce and trade, offers a very high standard of living and continues to shape global policy by virtue of her political power and diplomatic influence. There are very few nations in the world that come close to her standard.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:47 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
No. Despite all tabloid claims to the contrary, the UK is an excellent place to live and an even better place to do business. Great Britain continues to be the financial powerhouse of Europe, despite the relatively weak pound in recent years.

She is a gateway for international commerce and trade, offers a very high standard of living and continues to shape global policy by virtue of her political power and diplomatic influence. There are very few nations in the world that come close to her standard.
Where did you copy and paste that from? the Labour Party manifesto?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:10 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is UK f**ked ?

Originally Posted by renth
Where did you copy and paste that from? the Labour Party manifesto?

I wrote it myself, but I would have thought that most of it was common knowledge. It has nothing to do with Labour (or even the Tories, for that matter) and since I do not support any of the major parties, I can hardly be accused of partisanship.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Are you guys talking about the same stuckinblighty who started this thread?
No idea. Not aimed at anyone infact - just the sentiment. of the casual UK doom and gloomer who seems to care a bit too much.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Are you replying to someone? If so it helps to quote them so that we can follow the conversation.

The UK is not 'doing ok', it's in a f**king financial mess, although I'm sure that they will sort themselves out - after a lot of pain and hardship.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Is the UK is f**ked at the present time. Started to deteriorate the minute we left British airspace, all is good.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 5:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

I wrote it myself, but I would have thought that most of it was common knowledge. It has nothing to do with Labour (or even the Tories, for that matter) and since I do not support any of the major parties, I can hardly be accused of partisanship.
Dude, the place is bankrupt, and it never stops raining.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.