I believe in fairy tales - Jezza
56.52%
Some other talking head/no hoper
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

UK election poll

Old Jun 24th 2017, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK election poll

Originally Posted by Amazulu
1p on tax? Have you had a look at the UK's debt position recently? I just did - it's USD2.24 TRILLION or 87% of GDP. How's 1p going to make an impact on that?

The UK is raising plenty of tax. They have a 20% VAT rate - and as consumption taxes are one of the fairest and most efficient forms of tax, this is a good rate. UK needs to be cutting spending - not raising taxes. Cutting income and corporate taxes stimulates spending which causes increased economic growth and by default, more taxes. It ain't rocket science - you know this but refuse to acknowledge the fact

Wake up
Obviously there are a number of different ways of tackling economic problems and not just the Tory way/view so it isn't a question of 'waking up' if one doesn't hold your view.

The savings rate in the UK fell to its lowest level ever at the end of 2016 at 3.3% of household disposable income as people increasingly dip into their savings because most people are faced with inflation rates which exceed wage and salary growth and are experiencing falls in their real incomes. They are also saving at record low levels because of the derisory interest rates on offer (thanks in part to the 'bankers' who caused the GFC from which we haven't recovered nearly a decade down the track).

Why do we need to stimulate domestic spending further when it's at record levels (96.7% of income earned being spent) and with inflation gathering pace (at 2.3% its 0.5% higher than the end of 2016 and the highest rate in 4 years)?

Savings in financial institutions provides a pool of funds for lending to businesses and households so if people aren't inclined to save, lending and investment suffers.

It's actually predicted to be a 12p rise in income tax which might be required in the UK:

Income tax in UK ‘may have to rise by 12p in the pound’ »

Some facts - the UK corporation tax rate was 28% in 2010, Osborne cut it to 20% and it's set to fall to 17% by 2020. (Belgium 33.99%, France 33.3% and Italy 31.4%). No comment required.

Last edited by OzTennis; Jun 24th 2017 at 3:26 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2017, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Hypocrisy is actually making up a story and then saying how other people would react to it.

'A bigot is a person who is intolerant towards those holding a different view'. The cap, wear it, if, fits? Rearrange these words to form a well known phrase.
And that would be you. See you only care about those who live in government supplied accommodation but have no care for those you perceive have money.
Old Jun 24th 2017, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously there are a number of different ways of tackling economic problems and not just the Tory way/view so it isn't a question of 'waking up' if one doesn't hold your view.

The savings rate in the UK fell to its lowest level ever at the end of 2016 at 3.3% of household disposable income as people increasingly dip into their savings because most people are faced with inflation rates which exceed wage and salary growth and are experiencing falls in their real incomes. They are also saving at record low levels because of the derisory interest rates on offer (thanks in part to the 'bankers' who caused the GFC from which we haven't recovered nearly a decade down the track).

Why do we need to stimulate domestic spending further when it's at record levels (96.7% of income earned being spent) and with inflation gathering pace (at 2.3% its 0.5% higher than the end of 2016 and the highest rate in 4 years)?

Savings in financial institutions provides a pool of funds for lending to businesses and households so if people aren't inclined to save, lending and investment suffers.

It's actually predicted to be a 12p rise in income tax which might be required in the UK:

Income tax in UK ‘may have to rise by 12p in the pound’ »

Some facts - the UK corporation tax rate was 28% in 2010, Osborne cut it to 20% and it's set to fall to 17% by 2020. (Belgium 33.99%, France 33.3% and Italy 31.4%). No comment required.
...... ho ho. Have you seen the French and Italian unemployment rates?
Old Jun 24th 2017, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, mistakes happen in government, in councils, in private industry and it will be up to the subsequent inquiry to find out all those responsible, bring criminal charges if necessary and implement changes - which the current government will probably ignore because it will involve spending money and it is only to house people who are unlikely to vote for them.
Actually I think you will find that the current government are more than happy to help those who can't help themselves. Its never been any other way, but of course, you lefties have some warped idea that it is. What the Tories do really well, is to wind down handouts for those who don't need it. Handouts to people like you and me. Just because your age of entitlement is over, doesn't mean those who need it are not looked after.

Don't forget, there was a faulty fridge involved in all this. We don't know how compliant that device was yet.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Actually I think you will find that the current government are more than happy to help those who can't help themselves. Its never been any other way, but of course, you lefties have some warped idea that it is. What the Tories do really well, is to wind down handouts for those who don't need it. Handouts to people like you and me. Just because your age of entitlement is over, doesn't mean those who need it are not looked after.

Don't forget, there was a faulty fridge involved in all this. We don't know how compliant that device was yet.
Even you know a faulty fridge shouldn't have caused 79 deaths. Even you know there are lots of tower blocks in the UK which have been wrapped in flammable plastic and insulation material and accidents do happen to start fires.

Why do tax cuts for those who are already well off not constitute 'handouts' as you call them? Let me guess, the well off are deserving, whilst those who are sick, aged, unemployed etc are undeserving.

'My age of entitlement' hmm, so jingoistic its not worth discussing.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

...... ho ho. Have you seen the French and Italian unemployment rates?
Your proof that the corporation tax rates in this countries causes their unemployment levels? Not conjecture.

My point is that there is some upside for corporation tax rates - they will be 15% lower than those countries mentioned.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your proof that the corporation tax rates in this countries causes their unemployment levels? Not conjecture.

My point is that there is some upside for corporation tax rates - they will be 15% lower than those countries mentioned.
Why do you really care what corporations get taxed? I know you are paid by the government, your pay is never likely to go down, and private companies are never going to affect your final pay packet, but that's one hell of a selfish attitude.

Most of the population is employed by the private sector. The priority should be for the many, not the resentful few. If private companies can be encouraged to locate in the UK, and employ locals, where the locals pay tax, that's a benefit for all directly and indirectly. Its not fun being unemployed or having a high uneployment rate.

Last edited by Beoz; Jun 25th 2017 at 8:13 am.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Even you know a faulty fridge shouldn't have caused 79 deaths. Even you know there are lots of tower blocks in the UK which have been wrapped in flammable plastic and insulation material and accidents do happen to start fires.

Why do tax cuts for those who are already well off not constitute 'handouts' as you call them? Let me guess, the well off are deserving, whilst those who are sick, aged, unemployed etc are undeserving.

'My age of entitlement' hmm, so jingoistic its not worth discussing.
We keep going round in circles on this. The wealthy pay more tax than you. The wealthy support those who need it more than anyone else.

What Kool Aid have you been drinking to think otherwise?

And where does tax come into the choice of cladding?
Old Jun 25th 2017, 10:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Add something intelligent or disappear to livelier threads - it's your choice, nobody is forcing you to discuss what is a very serious issue.
I'll post where and when I choose thanks chief. It's not the subject I'm not taking seriously, it's you
Old Jun 25th 2017, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why do you really care what corporations get taxed? I know you are paid by the government, your pay is never likely to go down, and private companies are never going to affect your final pay packet, but that's one hell of a selfish attitude.

Most of the population is employed by the private sector. The priority should be for the many, not the resentful few. If private companies can be encouraged to locate in the UK, and employ locals, where the locals pay tax, that's a benefit for all directly and indirectly. Its not fun being unemployed or having a high uneployment rate.
Don't you have a selfish attitude because you don't want corporations to be taxed more? I make an indirect contribution to the economy in educating people for later life - specifically in the area of business, accounting, computing, business management etc. A lot of people I've taught have set up their own businesses and reached the highest positions in industry - one of the joys of teaching is when they thank you later in life for your help. That's what I do. I don't get a handout from the likes of you and should be grateful for what I get.

You don't have to point out to me about private sector and businesses etc. Clearly the UK has a much lower rate of corporation tax than other European countries and the DUP want it to be driven down further as part of their deal for the 10 votes. Businesses are in fact relocating to the EU because of Brexit (to get access to the single market) and in spite of there being much higher rates of corporation tax where they are going to - not evidence that paying a bit more tax discourages.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't you have a selfish attitude because you don't want corporations to be taxed more? I make an indirect contribution to the economy in educating people for later life - specifically in the area of business, accounting, computing, business management etc. A lot of people I've taught have set up their own businesses and reached the highest positions in industry - one of the joys of teaching is when they thank you later in life for your help. That's what I do. I don't get a handout from the likes of you and should be grateful for what I get.
Wow. Now I know where the entitlement comes from. You know what, teaching people is no great shakes. You are providing a service. Its your job. You get paid to do it. Its no different to the service I provide, assisting in the construction of infrastructure, the very things you use day in day out. Or perhaps the bi annual free lectures I give at universities to up and coming engineers. Your self given entitlement is nothing special and seeking the wealthy to pay for it is beyond belief.

You don't have to point out to me about private sector and businesses etc. Clearly the UK has a much lower rate of corporation tax than other European countries and the DUP want it to be driven down further as part of their deal for the 10 votes. Businesses are in fact relocating to the EU because of Brexit (to get access to the single market) and in spite of there being much higher rates of corporation tax where they are going to - not evidence that paying a bit more tax discourages.
All the more reason for corporate tax to go down again. Or would you like the unemployment rate to rise? Its not going to affect your pay packet if it does so I guess you don't care.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 1:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of businesses staying and moving into the UK too - and Ireland with a CT of 12.5% has attracted massive amounts of gravy. One of Australia's most successful corporations, Westfarmers is making a huge investment into the UK - despite brexit

A low rate of CT with no allowance for deductions is the way to go

The more I see of the DUP, the more I like - right-wing, pro-union, conservative social policies, a firm belief in capitalism and the free market

A switched on mob
Old Jun 27th 2017, 6:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Plenty of businesses staying and moving into the UK too - and Ireland with a CT of 12.5% has attracted massive amounts of gravy. One of Australia's most successful corporations, Westfarmers is making a huge investment into the UK - despite brexit

A low rate of CT with no allowance for deductions is the way to go

The more I see of the DUP, the more I like - right-wing, pro-union, conservative social policies, a firm belief in capitalism and the free market

A switched on mob
Apart from flat earth and creationism
Old Jun 27th 2017, 9:16 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
What do you expect of Ian Paisley's old party?

Creationism
My view on the earth is that it's a young earth. My view is [it was created in] 4000 BC.
Evolution
Certainly not, and there are plenty of other people in this society who don't believe it either.
Gay Marriage
I think these sorts of relationships are immoral, offensive and obnoxious.
Homesexuality
I am pretty repulsed by gay and lesbianism. I think it is wrong. I think that those people harm themselves and – without caring about it – harm society. That doesn't mean to say that I hate them – I mean, I hate what they do.
Abortion
I would not want abortion to be as freely available here [Northern Ireland] as it is in England and don’t support the extension of the 1967 act
Bunch of raving loonies, and that was all May could find to bolster her numbers. Nobody else wanted to touch that with a ten foot barge pole.

I do wonder if even the tory rank and file will be able to hold their nose long enough to give them their ever increasing set of demands. After all, the tories screwed the liberals, and all they wanted was fair voting...
Old Jun 28th 2017, 10:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Flat earth theory is just stupid but men and dinosaurs shared the earth about 2000-6000 years ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.