I believe in fairy tales - Jezza
56.52%
Some other talking head/no hoper
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

UK election poll

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK election poll

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Even in the UK, that inventor of Parliamentary democracy there seems a dearth of heavy hitters. It's the same in the U.S and AU.
Skipping over the fact that Australia was the first country in the world to give women a vote (1902; UK 1918 and only for propertied women, US 1920; appalling record on votes for aboriginals though) - PM's salary (obviously per annum) is about half Wayne Rooney's weekly wage. That's the comparative rewards for 'talent'. Like teaching you would go into politics for reasons other than the pecuniary.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Wow, how naïve are you!

A minority party in a coalition asking for a lot - who'd a thunk it? Imagine what Sinn Fein, the Greens, SLP and other assorted leftie losers would demand from Corbyn if he was in the same position?

GBP2b is chump change for the UK - considering the huge amounts they waste anyway. APT is a disgrace of a tax - especially for domestic flights. Are trains, buses and ferries taxed in the same way?

UK government is spending heaps in the rest of the UK - HS2, Heathrow, Hinkley Point etc. Austerity needs to continue (although it probably won't) - cut some civil servants to cover the 2 bill. Easy peasy japanesy
What's naive about highlighting the costs and consequences of the disaster we're in - of May's own making in calling an unnecessary election?

A penny on income tax for everyone? 'Easy peasy japanesy'.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Once again, ignoring facts for a warped ideological position that makes no sense. To coin a phrase - you haven't got a clue.
I can sleep well in the knowledge I gave you the facts and you came back with nothing.

Here's another. The good people of Kensington provide more for the rest of us than any other borough in the country.

What gives you the right to cast assumptions on these people, given what they have given your ungrateful, selfish, resentful arse?

Have you ever lived, worked, or even been to Kensington? I worked in the borough for 8 years and lived there for 4.

Of course, I was burgled (3 times), my flatmates were mugged, bicycles were stolen, that shit is never mentioned, but never once did it ever get mentioned that the poor should be removed. Council meetings are public affairs. Bigotry would never be tolerated.

Whilst you are sitting there blaming wealthier people, taking the looser, and easier approach, here's what your mate Sadiq Khan is responsible for.

https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/housing-and-land/improving-quality/good-practice-guide-estate-regeneration
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 10:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
What's naive about highlighting the costs and consequences of the disaster we're in - of May's own making in calling an unnecessary election?

A penny on income tax for everyone? 'Easy peasy japanesy'.
Nope. What is it with you people and your obsession with raising taxes? The UK is living beyond its means - and as is normal cutting costs is the way to go - unnecessary welfare, wasteful NHS spending, too much red-tape and bureaucracy, far, far too many public servants

Cutting a lot of that shite and it's winner, winner chicken dinner for the UK
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Nope. What is it with you people and your obsession with raising taxes? The UK is living beyond its means - and as is normal cutting costs is the way to go - unnecessary welfare, wasteful NHS spending, too much red-tape and bureaucracy, far, far too many public servants

Cutting a lot of that shite and it's winner, winner chicken dinner for the UK
"You people".

Recent polls in the UK have shown that a majority of people would pay 1p more income tax if it's spent on things like the underfunded NHS, education and public housing. 'Your ilk' are out of touch with that and use jargon like unnecessary welfare, wasteful NHS, too much red tape and bureaucracy.

When one considers the top rate of income tax used to be 98% on unearned income and 83% on earned income and it is now 45% for over £150K there's clearly a bit of upside on the top rate (77% in favour of that) and people would accept basic rate increases if it was used for public services.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7636846.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7770581.html

Last edited by OzTennis; Jun 22nd 2017 at 1:28 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
I can sleep well in the knowledge I gave you the facts and you came back with nothing.

Here's another. The good people of Kensington provide more for the rest of us than any other borough in the country.

What gives you the right to cast assumptions on these people, given what they have given your ungrateful, selfish, resentful arse?

Have you ever lived, worked, or even been to Kensington? I worked in the borough for 8 years and lived there for 4.

Of course, I was burgled (3 times), my flatmates were mugged, bicycles were stolen, that shit is never mentioned, but never once did it ever get mentioned that the poor should be removed. Council meetings are public affairs. Bigotry would never be tolerated.

Whilst you are sitting there blaming wealthier people, taking the looser, and easier approach, here's what your mate Sadiq Khan is responsible for.

https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do...e-regeneration
Can you refresh my memory on what Dame Shirley Porter (daughter of Tesco founder Jack Cohen) did as leader of the City of Westminster to get rid of poorer people living in her council area to hang on to power? Remember to include the euphemistically named 'Building Stable Communities' aka known as 'homes for votes' and gerrymandering which it was and her shifty scheme of social engineering was declared illegal and she was fined £42 mill but she cleared off out of the country for 12 years, eventually paying £12.3 mill.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Same cladding used in 600 tower blocks in the UK according to Downing Street estimates!!! A lot of people will be sleeping uneasily at night. Councils have to arrange inspections of their tower blocks and report back to government by Monday.

Grenfell Tower: Similar cladding used in around 600 high rises - BBC News

And from Sky News - "Camden Council has said it will remove cladding on its Chalcots Estate in north London after tests raised concerns about its safety.Council leader Georgia Gould said the panels "significantly differ" to those on Grenfell Tower, but were found to be "not to the standard that we had commissioned".

The company in charge of fitting the cladding to the affected Camden towers oversaw the refurbishment of Grenfell Tower, according to its website.

The Grenfell Tower disaster would have been avoided if the Government had acted on the findings of an inquest into the deaths of six people in the 2009 Lakanal House fire,

Last edited by OzTennis; Jun 22nd 2017 at 1:48 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Can you refresh my memory on what Dame Shirley Porter (daughter of Tesco founder Jack Cohen) did as leader of the City of Westminster to get rid of poorer people living in her council area to hang on to power? Remember to include the euphemistically named 'Building Stable Communities' aka known as 'homes for votes' and gerrymandering which it was and her shifty scheme of social engineering was declared illegal and she was fined £42 mill but she cleared off out of the country for 12 years, eventually paying £12.3 mill.
Different council sport. But nice try anyway.

You sound like the Lebanese gentlemen I had in to change my smoke detectors this week. He told me that Glenfell was no accident, that the wealthy people of Kensington had fire bombed the tower to kill his poor Islamic brothers from Syria residing in the tower.

Needless to say he was promptly show the door, and a non bigot re-ordered. I also reported his comments to the cops. Yes, guys with those type of paranoid and bigoted attitudes are the ones heading down extremist route.

Careful sport, you a treading on thin, bigoted ice.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 10:18 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Council leader Georgia Gould said the panels "significantly differ" to those on Grenfell Tower, but were found to be "not to the standard that we had commissioned".
Sounds like there are quite a number of building company owners that need to be sent for a spell in jail. And where were the building inspections?

Forget terrorists, the biggest threat to safety seems to be the rich and powerful purposely doing a crap job. Maybe we can define them as terrorists too?
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Sounds like there are quite a number of building company owners that need to be sent for a spell in jail. And where were the building inspections?

Forget terrorists, the biggest threat to safety seems to be the rich and powerful purposely doing a crap job. Maybe we can define them as terrorists too?
Paranoia and resentment all rolled into one.

The process is pretty simple but obviously littered with failings.

Firstly there's the standards. Does this product fall into line with the British standards? Is it an approved product?

Given that this product has been used on 600 odd buildings I am going to have a punt and suggest it does despite drama and hype the media is reporting to get all you left wingers into a tizz of red mist.

Multiple contractors don't all specify an illegal product out of coincidence. If you have ever worked with contractors, especially in the UK, abiding by the rules is serious shit. Being cost conscious is important, they are running a business after all, but being sued or having to replace all your work because you broke the rules is another - its a business killer.

Are you getting it yet?
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 5:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dunno, them poor bastards will end up living in Grimsby and unable to vote, everyone hates the poor. Won't someone at least think of the children?
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Different council sport. But nice try anyway.

You sound like the Lebanese gentlemen I had in to change my smoke detectors this week. He told me that Glenfell was no accident, that the wealthy people of Kensington had fire bombed the tower to kill his poor Islamic brothers from Syria residing in the tower.

Needless to say he was promptly show the door, and a non bigot re-ordered. I also reported his comments to the cops. Yes, guys with those type of paranoid and bigoted attitudes are the ones heading down extremist route.

Careful sport, you a treading on thin, bigoted ice.
Gee, Westminster isn't Kensington and Chelsea, who would have thought! The point is the attitude and what she did to get rid of those she perceived wouldn't vote blue.

Last edited by OzTennis; Jun 23rd 2017 at 7:27 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Paranoia and resentment all rolled into one.

The process is pretty simple but obviously littered with failings.

Firstly there's the standards. Does this product fall into line with the British standards? Is it an approved product?

Given that this product has been used on 600 odd buildings I am going to have a punt and suggest it does despite drama and hype the media is reporting to get all you left wingers into a tizz of red mist.

Multiple contractors don't all specify an illegal product out of coincidence. If you have ever worked with contractors, especially in the UK, abiding by the rules is serious shit. Being cost conscious is important, they are running a business after all, but being sued or having to replace all your work because you broke the rules is another - its a business killer.

Are you getting it yet?
The government was advised that 'British standards' were inadequate and caused 2 high rise fires and needed to be changed but they did nothing.

Councils specified certain materials, contractors changed them to cheaper materials and somehow the completed work gets signed off and paid for.

There's serious failings which the inquiry will throw up.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The government was advised that 'British standards' were inadequate and caused 2 high rise fires and needed to be changed but they did nothing.

Councils specified certain materials, contractors changed them to cheaper materials and somehow the completed work gets signed off and paid for.

There's serious failings which the inquiry will throw up.
Clients don't specify design sport. That's why they hire a design and build team. If they specified design, they wouldn't need to hire the team.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Clients don't specify design sport. That's why they hire a design and build team. If they specified design, they wouldn't need to hire the team.
Something is far wrong, agreed?

Who is talking design? The issue is what the client specifies and what the contractor delivers. Camden Council specified materials different to what the same company responsible for Grenfell Towers delivered. They are urgently removing the cladding and will see the firm in court.

I happen to know a lot about shoddy workmanship done for council by private business from our local area where a leisure complex in Dumfries was built entirely by a private contractor, Kier Construction - who designed it, built it, did the inspections, turned it over to the council and took their money. Serious faults started to appear, Kier stonewalled on compensation and dragged out court proceedings which council had to end when the legal bill got over £1 mill. A few years later the complex has been almost taken down and rebuilt at an extra cost to council of around £10 mill. A temporary swimming pool and ice rink had to be built at a cost of £3 mill while the building was closed for a few years.

Dumfries DG One leisure complex defects 'beggar belief' - BBC News

Schools in Scotland built under PPI arrangements have developed serious faults and collapsed walls caused death.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...alty-1-4096273

Last edited by OzTennis; Jun 23rd 2017 at 9:42 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.