UK & Australian Music

UK & Australian Music

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 4:33 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK & Australian Music

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
STOP PRESS

Hutch is a wind up merchant (pot and kettle). If he sees that he is getting under your skin then you are doomed !!
Not my skin he's under!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 4:37 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
Not my skin he's under!
yeah, I know.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 4:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by willamos
Yes, but my point is that the qualities/traits that Hutch and BadgeIsBack find amusing ABOUT the semi in Stevenage are not unique to the UK.

What I am saying is perfectly clear and reasonable.

You refuse to see any of my points for no reason other than to put what I have to say down and argue with me, of course.
So in a nutshell, comedians like Billy Connolly, Peter Cook, Sacha Baron Cohen etc etc, are all idiots because their comedic situations could be placed in any country?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 5:25 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
STOP PRESS

Hutch is a wind up merchant (pot and kettle). If he sees that he is getting under your skin then you are doomed !!
Hence my picture
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 5:58 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

So in a nutshell, comedians like Billy Connolly, Peter Cook, Sacha Baron Cohen etc etc, are all idiots because their comedic situations could be placed in any country?
NO! You are completely missing my point. I suspect deliberately cos don't think you are stupid - perhaps I am wrong though.

I am saying that it seems rather empty to satirise a country for things that could be said of anywhere. Skilled comedians such as the above (and of course not including Hutch) aim their satire at things which are specific/unique.

Taking the piss out of the humdrum of people's lives in the UK is stupid because people's lives are humdrum the world over. Effectively saying, ''I live in Australia and can laugh at the humdrum lives of the British'' is just insane because how are the lives of Aussies any different in a meaningful way? They are not.

Satire is meant to be cutting and insightful. How cutting or insightful are denunciations of the UK which could be applied to almost anywhere in the developed world?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 5:59 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Hence my picture
I just thought it was frustration at these two going at it again.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by willamos
NO! You are completely missing my point. I suspect deliberately cos don't think you are stupid - perhaps I am wrong though.

I am saying that it seems rather empty to satirise a country for things that could be said of anywhere. Skilled comedians such as the above (and of course not including Hutch) aim their satire at things which are specific/unique.

Taking the piss out of the humdrum of people's lives in the UK is stupid because people's lives are humdrum the world over. Effectively saying, ''I live in Australia and can laugh at the humdrum lives of the British'' is just insane because how are the lives of Aussies any different in a meaningful way? They are not.

Satire is meant to be cutting and insightful. How cutting or insightful are denunciations of the UK which could be applied to almost anywhere in the developed world?
Ali G could be applied to any country. So could most characters or situations by any comedian. Fawlty Towers could apply to any hotel anywhere in the world. etc etc
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:29 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Ali G could be applied to any country. So could most characters or situations by any comedian. Fawlty Towers could apply to any hotel anywhere in the world. etc etc
Yes, but Kporte, you are forgetting one very problematic point. Willamos does not understand humour one bit. So your analogy is lost on him
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:34 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Not my skin he's under!
He can get under mine anytime
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Kinda like....scabies???
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:18 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Look Willamos you twat shut up or im gonna ram the Nolan's up her arse
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Yes, but Kporte, you are forgetting one very problematic point. Willamos does not understand humour one bit. So your analogy is lost on him
I think the aliens left the anal probe in by mistake.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:55 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I think the aliens left the anal probe in by mistake.
The aliens told me they had nothing to do with that anal probe and it was already there when they picked him up
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:27 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
The aliens told me they had nothing to do with that anal probe and it was already there when they picked him up
He likes to get picked up for a bit of anal
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:29 am
Account Closed

He'll not be amused at this gentle bit of fun. I'll be called a childish, middle aged idiot again......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.