Wikiposts

U2

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:57 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U2

Originally Posted by twhurl
Saw them on Joshua tree tour. Not bad but didnt change my life.
Can't bring myself to give that arrogant ****** Bono any of my hard earned money. The bass player and drummer are good musicians but the two other guys are just one trick gimmick boys. There is also the fact that Bono is an arrogant ******.
I went to see Man in black this week and I'd rather sit in a nice theatre and see something real rather than sit in a big stadium watching an arrogant ****** on a video screen.
I also forgot to mention the fact that Bono is an arrogant talentless ****** so I can't bring myself to go.
Actually I now remember what happened when I went to see them all those years ago in Montreal. It was a Friday night and we had all met for drinks all my mates were going so I bought a spare ticket off one of them. When we got to the stadium the ticket touts were practically giving them away
Not to mention that Bono is an arrogant ******!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:31 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Yeah to be fair I actually really like Larry Mullen's drumming. It's just a shame they didn't call it quits after Joshua Tree

What about Achtung Baby? That was a brilliant album. Sadly though, everything after that is complete pants.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Melbourne is sold out! We've only got one date so it will be interesting to see if they put another one on. Although I nearly fell off my seat when I saw the seated tickets were $299! I like U2's music but not that much! Maybe I'll just go and stand outside the stadium and listen to it.

Actually if you can get to see The Australian U2 Show they are very good, the lead singer even looks like Bono and it's cheaper!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:54 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim
Looks like Melbourne is sold out! We've only got one date so it will be interesting to see if they put another one on. Although I nearly fell off my seat when I saw the seated tickets were $299! I like U2's music but not that much! Maybe I'll just go and stand outside the stadium and listen to it.

Actually if you can get to see The Australian U2 Show they are very good, the lead singer even looks like Bono and it's cheaper!
$39-$299 it says , I guess you gotta be quicker .

$99 standing .

Same as Subiaco prices .
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:57 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
[/COLOR]

What about Achtung Baby? That was a brilliant album. Sadly though, everything after that is complete pants.
Nah, for me, after JT, they took on this method of writing music that I call "Music by numbers" very similar to what Coldplay do. Can't stand it as it is not in the slightest bit creative or daring and therefore makes every song of theirs sound the same.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 6:41 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[. Can't stand it as it is not in the slightest bit creative or daring and therefore makes every post of theirs sound the same.[/QUOTE]

Some what like yer self old chap.......mm
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twhurl
Saw them on Joshua tree tour. Not bad but didnt change my life.
Can't bring myself to give that arrogant ****** Bono any of my hard earned money. The bass player and drummer are good musicians but the two other guys are just one trick gimmick boys. There is also the fact that Bono is an arrogant ******.
I went to see Man in black this week and I'd rather sit in a nice theatre and see something real rather than sit in a big stadium watching an arrogant ****** on a video screen.
I also forgot to mention the fact that Bono is an arrogant talentless ****** so I can't bring myself to go.
Actually I now remember what happened when I went to see them all those years ago in Montreal. It was a Friday night and we had all met for drinks all my mates were going so I bought a spare ticket off one of them. When we got to the stadium the ticket touts were practically giving them away
Loathe and detest the word but the sentiment is spot on.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Loathe and detest the word but the sentiment is spot on.
Yeah sorry about that word but I'm not sure there's anything else we can use for Bono .
Reminds me of a long car ride I had with the same mate at that time and we started a converstion toic "Rockstars you'd bulldoze into a pit" and Bono was prob number one. SOunds like a great thread topic