Reload this Page >

Trying to pay regular bills a nightmare in Aus

Wikiposts

Trying to pay regular bills a nightmare in Aus

Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:51 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trying to pay regular bills a nightmare in Aus

Originally Posted by iPom
It depends on what package you want, bridie... For us, where hub needs internet access for work and absolutely has to be online, plus that we can take the package with us when we move, Telstra have been absolutely excellent. Horses for courses, really.
Originally Posted by bridie
Personally I'd be looking around at other phone and internet companies anyway, Telstra are a huge rip off. we were getting phone bills over $100 a month, bearing in mind we hardly ever use our phone as we mostly webcam the UK and use our mobiles. There are much better deals out there tailored to particular phone usage (we are on a light scheme).
Originally Posted by bridie
Same here and I agree, find it all pretty simple and easy and not very time consuming at all.
It isn't us saying we can't pay both by DD it's them but otherwise Telstra have been helpful with other problems this is first major hic up.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Why don't you just use BPay? Couldn't be simpler!

I had it set up for all my monthly bills, and really miss it now that I'm in the UK - there's no equivalent over here, unfortunately.
Don't you use direct debit out of your UK bank account ( a set date by your choice every month) like we did for years?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Here in the UK I always had 2 accounts set up within one bank, salary into one then from there a standing order to cover all bills into the other, all direct debits came out of that one so didnt matter which day they came out.

cant you do something like that there Ann?
Eureka moment! - That is what we had in the UK too!

You know exactly where you are month to month with your finances and exactly what you have left over for goodies! Yay!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Don't you use direct debit out of your UK bank account ( a set date by your choice every month) like we did for years?
I guess it's the same for expats the world over. You tend to prefer the way things were done in your home country because you KNOW how that works.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Eureka moment! - That is what we had in the UK too!

You know exactly where you are month to month with your finances and exactly what you have left over for goodies! Yay!
Yes I can that's what I'm trying to do but it's getting the bloody Direct Debits set up that's the nightmare if you read from earlier (no offense know it's become quite a saga now).

They either won't let me have a Direct Debit and want it on credit card instead or want me to cancel DD and start regular payment from bank or can use BPAY but then have to keep going on and doing it or altering amount as Cresta stated.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by annqldau
Although I love Aus it never ceases to amaze me how they are forward thinking one minute and backward the next.

Trying to set my bank account up so all bills come out just after payday here so you are left with only the spare cash that is yours to spend is a nightmare and nigh on impossible.

Telstra for instance will take phone bill monthly by direct debit but broadband has to come of credit card monthly.

The rates can be paid monthly but on a pay two months miss a month basis.

And the latest I can't reduce my mortgage direct debit payment but have instead been advised to cancel it totally and instead set up my own regular payment from my bank account instead to come out to cover it... is that not just the same as having a direct debit.

Do we have a smiley for banging head on table???
Our council doesn't do direct debit on any basis for the rates. Brilliant
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Why don't you just use BPay? Couldn't be simpler!

I had it set up for all my monthly bills, and really miss it now that I'm in the UK - there's no equivalent over here, unfortunately.
This system is not as easy as direct debit from your bank account.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I guess it's the same for expats the world over. You tend to prefer the way things were done in your home country because you KNOW how that works.
It wasn't just that it was the fact that it did work...pay in money gone what's left to play with... .
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by blowfly
This system is not as easy as direct debit from your bank account.
You're telling me (come on Sue where's the smiley for banging your head on the desk?).
Old Feb 4th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
In the States everyone would sit dwn one day each and every month and write cheques (checks <g>) for all the monthly bills. All those bits of paper.......
That may have been the case in the past, but I just pay everything either online or by direct debit. Nae bother Apart from Washington Gas, who refuse to acknowledge me unless I have lived here for 5 years so the bills all still go to the landlady!
Old Feb 4th 2007, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I've just learnt to balance my chequebook.

Old Feb 4th 2007, 1:24 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Safe landing then Badge? No broken bones?
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:12 pm

Paying it all by cheque... that's even worse...
Old Feb 4th 2007, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Paying it all by cheque... that's even worse...
lol at Cresta. Annqldau : the cheque book was a figure of speach. (We only got one a few days ago to pay tradies when Chief can't nip out for cash.)

I have a little spreadsheet which tells me what has gone out and what is due out.

Or the budget tells me how much the diposable income is every month. We go over, we sweat.

We
Old Feb 4th 2007, 9:31 pm

lol at Cresta. Annqldau : the cheque book was a figure of speach. (We only got one a few days ago to pay tradies when Chief can't nip out for cash.)

I have a little spreadsheet which tells me what has gone out and what is due out.

Or the budget tells me how much the diposable income is every month. We go over, we sweat.

We
I need them to all agree what I need to pay them so I can do the spread sheet as at the moment as it keeps changing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.