Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Feb 3rd 2017, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by mrken30
Do you think Trump bullied PM May into giving him a State reception? Is May weak? They expect 1mn protesters, how is May going to deal with that?
1 million of these nutbags could be quite a handful.

Old Feb 3rd 2017, 1:31 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Do you think Trump bullied PM May into giving him a State reception? Is May weak? They expect 1mn protesters, how is May going to deal with that?

State visit means state visit?

Roll up her sleeves and get on with the state visit job?

S
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 1:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't shake the feeling that what Trump did with Trumble was to basically say 'this special relationship, it was always rubbish, just did it to make you feel better about yourselves' and I think he'll do the same with May. He certainly knows nothing of diplomacy. But then diplomacy seems like little more than arse kissing and lying.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I can't shake the feeling that what Trump did with Trumble was to basically say 'this special relationship, it was always rubbish, just did it to make you feel better about yourselves' and I think he'll do the same with May. He certainly knows nothing of diplomacy. But then diplomacy seems like little more than arse kissing and lying.
Exactly. I'm sure he can be diplomatic when a deal is being done.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 2:07 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1

And quite a lot of mutual back scratching.

Trump has May exactly where he wants her - in a huge position of weakness. She needs a deal much more than he does.

S
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I bet Mal never thought he ever have to work with Hockey again.

I bet Hockey thought he would never have to work again.

Ouch
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 2:22 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Beoz
I bet Mal never thought he ever have to work with Hockey again.

I bet Hockey thought he would never have to work again.

Ouch

I can't help thinking that ambassadorships are really for professional diplomats, not failed politicians...

S
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I can't help thinking that ambassadorships are really for professional diplomats, not failed politicians...

S
There seems to be a pattern.

Firstly you get made foreign minister and if that doesn't work its ambassador.

The US is supposed to be the easiest one. Not anymore
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 2:57 am
has lost The Game

There seems to be a pattern.

Firstly you get made foreign minister and if that doesn't work its ambassador.

I don't really blame Trump for not wanting to take our unwanted refugees - but the way that he's gone about it is disastrous - and the fact that this account has been made public - and then tweeted about by Trump himself is even worse. This should have been resolved quietly, behind closed doors.

It makes me wonder how he will respond when he's on the phone to Xi Jinping if he is going to hang up on a pretty seasoned ally in this way. Luckily the Chinese have moved all of their mobile ICBMs within striking distance of the US, and aren't contesting ownership of the South China Seas. Oh wait...

S
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 3:05 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, something we agree on !

Trump is going to be a nightmare for whatever ambassador is in Washington, and someone as essentially clueless as Hockey is going be like a one legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Actually, I'm thinking that a good looking woman mightn't be a good fit for that role - at least until Trump is jailed.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 3:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Hey, something we agree on !

Trump is going to be a nightmare for whatever ambassador is in Washington, and someone as essentially clueless as Hockey is going be like a one legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Actually, I'm thinking that a good looking woman mightn't be a good fit for that role - at least until Trump is jailed.
It might still be the easiest. As long as he goes in with the realisation that Trump will ignore him, he can just sit back and watch. Well until Trump signs some random EO that means all Australians must leave for some bizarre reason.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 3:20 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It might still be the easiest. As long as he goes in with the realisation that Trump will ignore him, he can just sit back and watch. Well until Trump signs some random EO that means all Australians must leave for some bizarre reason.

Anything can happen - apparently he's today relaxed sanctions on the Russian FSB...

Trump relaxes sanctions on KGB successor - AMERICAblog News

S
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I don't really blame Trump for not wanting to take our unwanted refugees - but the way that he's gone about it is disastrous - and the fact that this account has been made public - and then tweeted about by Trump himself is even worse. This should have been resolved quietly, behind closed doors.

It makes me wonder how he will respond when he's on the phone to Xi Jinping if he is going to hang up on a pretty seasoned ally in this way. Luckily the Chinese have moved all of their mobile ICBMs within striking distance of the US, and aren't contesting ownership of the South China Seas. Oh wait...

S
Then what would have to talk about?

His lack of political tradition is awesome. Its transparent and to the point.

To admit that the refugee deal will "politically kill him" ...... outstanding stuff. At least he's trying to give the voters what they voted for.

So are we back on track with the refugee deal?
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Then what would have to talk about?

His lack of political tradition is awesome. Its transparent and to the point.

To admit that the refugee deal will "politically kill him" ...... outstanding stuff. At least he's trying to give the voters what they voted for.

So are we back on track with the refugee deal?
How can a lack of experience be touted as a plus and then said it equals transparency? I would guess if someone from the other end of the political spectrum became leader of the most powerful nation on earth via failed business experience (4 times with his hotel business plus airline and soccer team) and reality tv that you wouldn't find it refreshing and transparent and to the point? (just like you think a world leader tweeting insults and making up policy as he goes is hip or cool or desirable)
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OzTennis
How can a lack of experience be touted as a plus and then said it equals transparency? I would guess if someone from the other end of the political spectrum became leader of the most powerful nation on earth via failed business experience (4 times with his hotel business plus airline and soccer team) and reality tv that you wouldn't find it refreshing and transparent and to the point? (just like you think a world leader tweeting insults and making up policy as he goes is hip or cool or desirable)
You see teach, as you've always worked for the man all your life, you only know how to run students. ...... have you made mistakes running students? Of course you have. Did you learn from those mistakes? Of course you did.

Therefore.........

I would rather someone who has failed in some but succeeded in many running my country than someone who hasn't experience failure at all. One experience to the next sport.

Have a happy day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.