Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Nov 15th 2016, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Finally, something that unites us all, can't we all just get along?
Ha ..... and the whiny one. Coldplay

There's a very good message there. Why don't the left accept China among other places at an immigration location. Bit discriminatory eh?

Last edited by Beoz; Nov 15th 2016 at 6:29 am.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Yep, wage stagnation and job uncertainty. It's been a thing since before Reagan. Point is, the reason is because the 1% have been taking all the GDP increase, or put another way, the GINI index for the US has been getting worse and worse and worse :

https://francescosyloslabini.files.w...pg?w=604&h=425

However, you are never going to fix that by electing a member of the 1%, who's stated policy is to cut taxes on the very rich. And it's not going to get fixed by isolationist policies either. The old jobs ain't coming back, but you can reshape society to do better off what IS going to happen - and that means stopping the 1% running away with the loot.

Ahh, the Brexit reasoning - shake things up because it can't get any worse.

Problem is, of course, yes it can.
Re-shaping society as you say to do better is exactly the issue. Trump supporters viewed him as potentially doing so, as opposed to Clinton's more of the same approach. They knew that there were risks and that Trump probably wouldn't be able to do everything. But govern a choice between more of the same and a potential for better, they chose better.

The best quote I heard about this election is that anti-Trump forces took his words seriously, and not him, and pro Trump voters the reverse.

As far as the 1% , Clinton is very tied into the elite, and supported by many of them so I am unsure how Trump would be more tie din than her. Clinton's policies of increasing taxes, regulations and adding costs for business hardly recipe for growth.

Trump trying to get better terms on trade deals can hardly be a bad thing. Many of his policies about energy and regulations are pro growth. Reducing the supply of unskilled and lower educated people coming in the country certainly will help those struggling over tine. Reducing taxes on the wealthier I don't see as a positive. But ( and I didn't vote for either) it seems that Trump did have some positive elements of his stated policies, Clinton had so many burdens to be placed on business not sure how she expected growth from her polices.

At least area I live in people are hurting and last 16 years there has been a steady decline. There is nothing irrational the rejection of continued decline.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Nov 15th 2016 at 10:38 am. Reason: fix quote
Old Nov 15th 2016, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
.... and Islam isn't a race so your Googled searched definition is mute.

Nice try on the deflection to guns. Happy to agree on guns though.

Can you show me where Trump has said he has a problem with Mexican people?

I understand he would like to build a wall, but that's for the purpose of vetting those entering the US. Like you do when you land in LAX or JFK.

Anything else I can help you with?
Discrimination is racism, it's what racists do; end of argument.

You are surely not naive enough to need me to post what he's said about Mexicans to prove the point do you? (suspects you'll say show me where it says that in his policies).

9 Outrageous Things Donald Trump Has Said About Latinos | The Huffington Post

30 Of The Most Outrageous Donald Trump Quotes

Donald Trump's epic statement on Mexico - Business Insider

Donald Trump's memorable, controversial quotes | am New York

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/09/se...ile-in-mexico/

Would you be saying in the 30's and 40's Jews aren't a race but a religion so Hitler wasn't a racist (it's what you're doing here)?

Last edited by OzTennis; Nov 15th 2016 at 7:43 am.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Discrimination is racism, it's what racists do; end of argument.

You are surely not naive enough to need me to post what he's said about Mexicans to prove the point do you? (suspects you'll say show me where it says that in his policies).

9 Outrageous Things Donald Trump Has Said About Latinos | The Huffington Post

30 Of The Most Outrageous Donald Trump Quotes

Donald Trump's epic statement on Mexico - Business Insider

Donald Trump's memorable, controversial quotes | am New York

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/09/se...ile-in-mexico/

Would you be saying in the 30's and 40's Jews aren't a race but a religion so Hitler wasn't a racist (it's what you're doing here)?
Other way around sport. Racism is discrimination rather than discrimination is racism.

I discriminate against Tennis. I don't racist against Tennis. Get the idea?
Old Nov 15th 2016, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Other way around sport. Racism is discrimination rather than discrimination is racism.

I discriminate against Tennis. I don't racist against Tennis. Get the idea?
Your feeble attempts at trying to argue that Trump isn't a racist by poor semantics are pathetic.

'I don't racist against Tennis'. I don't get your idea frankly.

I notice you didn't refute what Trump said about Mexicans as I expected you to.

Treatment of people based upon their gender, race, community, color of skin, facial features, height, or even their voice is referred as discrimination. For example, stereotyping all people of Hispanic origin and having a biased attitude towards them is a classic example of discrimination based on racial affinities. The word discrimination was mostly used in American Civil war for the practice of prejudicial treatment of blacks by whites.

Last edited by OzTennis; Nov 15th 2016 at 8:55 am.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 9:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The Donald is mellowing
Attached Thumbnails The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?-trump-lets-get-muslim-band-going-band-we-thought-6337311.png  
Old Nov 15th 2016, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your feeble attempts at trying to argue that Trump isn't a racist by poor semantics are pathetic.

'I don't racist against Tennis'. I don't get your idea frankly.

I notice you didn't refute what Trump said about Mexicans as I expected you to.

Treatment of people based upon their gender, race, community, color of skin, facial features, height, or even their voice is referred as discrimination. For example, stereotyping all people of Hispanic origin and having a biased attitude towards them is a classic example of discrimination based on racial affinities. The word discrimination was mostly used in American Civil war for the practice of prejudicial treatment of blacks by whites.
I have no need to refute what Trump says. Trump has a problem with Mexico sending what he says, their worst candidates.

I have not heard him once talk derogatory about Mexican people as a whole group, just the ones who are dealing in drugs, who commit crimes, who's agenda might not be in the best interest of America and its people.

Is it racist that Australia allows New Zealanders free range in Australia yet it does not allow the same of Asian countries? Surely that must make Australia's immigration policies racist?

I'm sure you will dress that question up with some hypocritical left wing garbage.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have no need to refute what Trump says. Trump has a problem with Mexico sending what he says, their worst candidates.

I have not heard him once talk derogatory about Mexican people as a whole group, just the ones who are dealing in drugs, who commit crimes, who's agenda might not be in the best interest of America and its people.

Is it racist that Australia allows New Zealanders free range in Australia yet it does not allow the same of Asian countries? Surely that must make Australia's immigration policies racist?

I'm sure you will dress that question up with some hypocritical left wing garbage.
You have no need because you can't.

We are discussing Trump - no irrelevant side issues please but since you raise it the Abbott's and Turnbull's of this world are of a similar ilk to Trump so you are surprised when immigration laws get tightened and are more discriminatory when right wingers are in power? That's shooting yourself in the foot with your own argument.

Oh and Trump has appointed Stephen Bannon as his chief strategist and he has been described by political analysts as racist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/us...residency.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5d0_story.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/churches-va...ry?id=43538621 (Heil Trump and a swastika graffiti!)

Last edited by OzTennis; Nov 15th 2016 at 1:43 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 1:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

We are discussing Trump - no irrelevant side issues please but since you raise it the Abbott's and Turnbull's of this world are of a similar ilk to Trump so you are surprised when immigration laws get tightened and are more discriminatory when right wingers are in power? That's shooting yourself in the foot with your own argument.
Donald Trump raised the issue of people who are in the US illegally and are criminals.

Why is hard to understand than many Americans have a huge problem with criminals attacking and victimizing US residents, not to mention trafficking in drugs and humans and involvement in ancillary crimes, when they shouldn't even be in the country?
Old Nov 15th 2016, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

The way around crime is to legalize it and then tax it. Very democratic approach as has been seen in the war against drugs on the West coast. Much more sensible than trying to deport these people.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 3:41 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
The way around crime is to legalize it and then tax it. Very democratic approach as has been seen in the war against drugs on the West coast. Much more sensible than trying to deport these people.
How do you plan to legalize and tax rape, murder, and human trafficking?

Are you also proposing that meth, cocaine, and heroin be legalized and taxed?
Old Nov 15th 2016, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Donald Trump raised the issue of people who are in the US illegally and are criminals.

Why is hard to understand than many Americans have a huge problem with criminals attacking and victimizing US residents, not to mention trafficking in drugs and humans and involvement in ancillary crimes, when they shouldn't even be in the country?
So the judge of Mexican descent who ruled against Trump University was an illegal immigrant and peddling drugs? (Trump suggested he was biased purely because he was of Mexican descent).

Perhaps they should face up to the fact, instead of picking on particular groups, that most crime and drug taking in the USA is by US born citizens who are armed to the teeth. They wouldn't be able to be evicted either because of the walls he wants to build. Stop taking illicit and illegal substances and the Mexicans and Colombians can't profit out of it. Will he deport the addicts?
Old Nov 15th 2016, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
How do you plan to legalize and tax rape, murder, and human trafficking?
maybe not these, but pussy grabbing may be legalized
Old Nov 15th 2016, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh and Trump has appointed Stephen Bannon as his chief strategist and he has been described by political analysts as racist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/us...residency.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5d0_story.html

2 More Churches Vandalized With Trump, Racist Graffiti - ABC News (Heil Trump and a swastika graffiti!)

http://i.imgur.com/jzBUOB0.png
Why would I refute it if I agree with it?

We need borders. Free range is not an option.

If you want to argue free borders but instead attempt to dress it up as racism, go for it. I will bury any free border argument.

This is exactly where you are headed and exactly why the world is revolting against your ideals.

The world is becoming increasingly sick and tired of your type of rhetoric and you only have yourself to blame for the rise of Trump and Brexit.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 6:49 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Racism always involves discrimination but discrimination is not always racism.

Trump does indeed meet the definition of a racist. Uncomfortable but true. If you've been following this race for the past year or so then you will have read much about his past dealings stretching back decades and also stuff he says or does not say more recently. Some people will argue that he is not racist and will pick over every example offered claiming context, etc. as if it's not possible to be racist if the issue you are discussing is of concern to people! For example, while it might be true that illegal immigration across the Mexican border is an issue that does not mean that you can raise the issue any which way and using any rhetoric and it isn't racism.

There will always be plenty of folk who claim he is not racist, just as there will be plenty of people who claim he is not a misogynist. Both assertions are ridiculous but there's no point arguing about it. More interesting is to look at why people think it can't be racism if he says what they are thinking or it can't be misogyny if it's "locker room talk".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.