Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:16 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
That's the point though Garry, not everyone is the high IQ critical thinker you claim to be. If you had any sense you'd realise that this requires a different tact, certainly not 'you're a thick ****, your vote shouldn't count'. All the while you fail to see this, long may your wilderness years continue.
In turn:
  1. I don't claim to be a high IQ thinker (though objectively I'd probably classify), all I claim is the bell curve of intelligence is hurting us as those on the right of the curve don't want to put the time/effort into recognising even the basics.

Personally I'd assume that to really have a grasp on how the world works today, you'd need a 115-120 IQ - since it's got more complex over time. However, to realise that Trump is a lying second hand car salesman all you need is perhaps an 80 IQ. Yet ....

What I'm talking about is induced stupidity, not paying attention and not thinking. And I use the word stupid because it cuts through the cr*p.
  2. I'M NOT TRYING TO CONVERT ANYONE HERE. If I were trying to get people onside, I'd use very different a tack. All I'm doing is pointing up the reality of the situation, and saying 'b*ll*cks' when some lie is presented.
  3. If the centre is filled with Trumps, the wilderness is by far the safest place to be.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

The US does rank 19th on the IQ scale with an average score of 98. This means there are probably a lot of people below 80

Average IQ by Country – Statistic Brain
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Be interesting for someone to compare test results with Trump votes

IQ averages in US States - best estimate available
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GarryP
In turn:
  1. I don't claim to be a high IQ thinker (though objectively I'd probably classify), all I claim is the bell curve of intelligence is hurting us as those on the right of the curve don't want to put the time/effort into recognising even the basics.

I call bullshit, you clearly have a massive superiority complex.

Personally I'd assume that to really have a grasp on how the world works today, you'd need a 115-120 IQ - since it's got more complex over time. However, to realise that Trump is a lying second hand car salesman all you need is perhaps an 80 IQ. Yet ....

How high to realise that the left has been pissing on you and telling you it's raining?

What I'm talking about is induced stupidity, not paying attention and not thinking. And I use the word stupid because it cuts through the cr*p.
  2. I'M NOT TRYING TO CONVERT ANYONE HERE. If I were trying to get people onside, I'd use very different a tack. All I'm doing is pointing up the reality of the situation, and saying 'b*ll*cks' when some lie is presented.
  3. If the centre is filled with Trumps, the wilderness is by far the safest place to be.
Except it doesn't cut through the crap, it multiplies it, you alienate an entire class of people, which as the left you claim to be representing. If reality was your objective you'd have looked from a different angle by now. If you were objectively pointing out the bollocks spouted on here, you'd have a thread all to yourself, no other participation required.

Neither the left or the right has the answers, both tend to **** up after a while and let the other mob in for a go, it's a real shame that people are so pig headed they fail to see this.

This is how the majority felt at Brexit, and it's how the yanks feel, this bloke nails it.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:48 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
The answer being there are similarities in charisma and national pride and an ability to connect with those feeling disenfranchised from the system, increasing run by elitists, for privileged sections of the nation. The rich, banks, big business and the like.

No one knows how Trump will behave. Lest of all Trump I expect.

Then being of course, is that extreme right wing government will not relieve the people's frustrations, more likely just add to them.
Such government tends to collapse from within with petty squabbling's, big ego's at play, internally combust if you like.
Exciting times ahead.
More waffle

My question remains unanswered
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Be interesting for someone to compare test results with Trump votes

IQ averages in US States - best estimate available
I recommend not clicking on that link - it traps you in a cycle of junk web pages.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:53 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

In turn:

FFS

IQ has nothing to do with this topic!

Common sense is all that is required
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I can, but when they start trying to ignore the facts and claim black is white, they tend to excuse themselves from the debate.

And maybe it's those same 2 or 3 that drives away any sensible debate? I tend to give up on stating the facts quite regularly - it never goes in. However then the idiocy level tends to rise and you get dragged in to pointing up that no, those left of Genghis Khan aren't criminals and traitors.

Not trying to sell anything, that's the point, all I'm doing is pointing up the unvarnished reality. Somehow I doubt you are even going slap your forehead and go "how could I have been so blind". Just don't like the far right putting forward lies as fact and dragging things into la-la land; and I have some interest in how you understand and deal with them (since they are usually the impediment to progress).
You haven't stated any facts except for poll numbers, and we know how accurate polls are.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I recommend not clicking on that link - it traps you in a cycle of junk web pages.
Sorry about that, I didn't get any junk web pages. I am using chrome if that makes a difference.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
FFS

As we all know common sense isn't related to IQ.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Sorry about that, I didn't get any junk web pages. I am using chrome if that makes a difference.
It just cycles through those click-bait pages of "50 times the Cameraman caught ..." , "25 greatest .....", "30 times ....: pages, that you (I) can't back out of.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:59 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Neither the left or the right has the answers, both tend to **** up after a while and let the other mob in for a go, it's a real shame that people are so pig headed they fail to see this.
Hey, waddya know, we almost agree on something.

Personally I think all politicians are failures because they are more wrapped up in ideology and political 'careers' than actually fixing anything and making things better. The emphasis becomes a chase for money/donations/bribes instead.

Remember, if I were to place myself on a political spectrum (which I don't tend to) it would be in the centre, saying "right, let's make it better for everyone".

I don't agree that "let the other mob in" is a good bet, since then it just tends to swing from one ideology to another, from creation to destruction (often of the same things). I think a situational use of tools somewhere in the centre tends to do better. Sometimes you need the market exploring niches, sometimes you need central governance and control, sometimes you use greed as a motivator, and sometimes you nail the greedy to the wall for stealing all the pies.

And I think the incentives at the moment are much too much towards rewarding lying, rewarding corruption, and not doing anything, so you can't be accused of upsetting the status quo.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
FFS

If common sense is all that is required, why is it so obviously missing from so many arguments? Would it be correct to assume it had died?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 11:05 pm

Hey, waddya know, we almost agree on something.

Personally I think all politicians are failures because they are more wrapped up in ideology and political 'careers' than actually fixing anything and making things better. .....
So you also agree that the best choice for US President would be someone who has no history of ever having run for elected office, right?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 11:11 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Originally Posted by Gibbo
If common sense is all that is required, why is it so obviously missing from so many arguments? Would it be correct to assume it had died?
Well, it would be nice if there were some common sense around - but you are right, it's in short supply.

Problem is, particularly in complex problems like governance, there are a wealth of simple, obvious, easy, answers - that are wrong. Common sense says you kick out immigrants there are more jobs for citizens. Problem is, it ain't that simple. Not only do you have the massive problem of actually doing mass deportations, you have the example of where immigrants are a significant part of the workforce of a factory in a town. You raid the firm, take away the immigrants; and the company collapses since their cheap labour was what was keeping it going. So not only do you lose the other jobs at that company, you lose jobs in the companies dependent on that company - and you create a dead town (and yes, this really happened).

It's actually much easier and better to do what Obama has been doing, you wait till some end up in the criminal system, and then deport them. Obama has actually deported 2.5m over the last 8 years (not that you would know it from the GOP). It's part of the reason why the immigrant community is actually the most law abiding of all (again, not something you would hear).

And all of that takes intelligence I'm afraid, not common sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.