Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Feb 15th 2017, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
It never ceases to amaze me how many people are ashamed of their ancestor's conduct in the past, but are unwilling to give up the freedoms and opportunities that have been bequeathed to them. Don't get me wrong, I think the slaughter of the American Indians, Aboriginals plus other peoples was breath takingly cruel and shocking. However they all have one thing in common, I didn't do any of them, and so I won't be apologizing any time soon.
Spot on. Left wing hipocricy at its best again. Same can be said about migration. How many people are up in arms about a migration wall (in whatever country) but would be unwilling to put these people up in their own homes.

There is a line that needs to be drawn between sympathy and apologies/stupidity.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Just thought I'd check where the odds are of Trump getting impeached.

Currently 6:4 at Paddy Power

https://sports.paddypower.mobi/#spor...event/11707456

Ladbrokes has it at 10:11 for him to be impeached or resign

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/b...als/222881036/

Those have come in significantly since Nov, when it was already 8:1 (or 4:1 once he opened his mouth at the press conference).
Strong odds. But it is a two horse race.

Paddy Power don't seem to be doing odds that he won't be impeached.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 2:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Strong odds. But it is a two horse race.

Paddy Power don't seem to be doing odds that he won't be impeached.
You might be able to lay it on Betfair.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are ashamed of their ancestor's conduct in the past, but are unwilling to give up the freedoms and opportunities that have been bequeathed to them. Don't get me wrong, I think the slaughter of the American Indians, Aboriginals plus other peoples was breath takingly cruel and shocking. However they all have one thing in common, I didn't do any of them, and so I won't be apologizing any time soon.
Way to miss the point. I wasn't suggesting that anyone apologise. But to call them good decisions is the opposite of apologising surely?
Old Feb 16th 2017, 3:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Way to miss the point. I wasn't suggesting that anyone apologise. But to call them good decisions is the opposite of apologising surely?
Point not missed at all, but the point you're missing is that no matter your feelings on the slaughter, aint nothing gonna change it, so what's the point in keep beating ourselves up? For someone who doesn't want to apologise, you sure sound like an apologist. Think about it, would you have had your life as you know it without the past, no matter how unsavoury?
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Point not missed at all, but the point you're missing is that no matter your feelings on the slaughter, aint nothing gonna change it, so what's the point in keep beating ourselves up? For someone who doesn't want to apologise, you sure sound like an apologist. Think about it, would you have had your life as you know it without the past, no matter how unsavoury?
No mate. You missed the point. Accepting the slaughter as a good thing is disgusting. And my life might have been different if the English didn't slaughter Irish citizens, sure. Maybe thats where we are different.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:20 am
Account Closed

No mate. You missed the point. Accepting the slaughter as a good thing is disgusting. And my life might have been different if the English didn't slaughter Irish citizens, sure. Maybe thats where we are different.
No mate I didn't. I never said it was a good thing, but I did say that none of our lives would be what they are if history were different. So, if the old way of doing things has led to my family's present circumstances, then it has at least been good for my family, as it has yours, no matter how uncomfortable that sounds. I also said that I never slaughtered anyone, so I have nothing to feel guilty about. If the English hadn't slaughtered the Aboriginals the chances are you wouldn't have ended up here. You should be much more grateful to us English

Question for you, if you had a time machine and could go back and stop the killing in Ireland and Aus, but you knew that stopping it would be to the massive detriment of you and your family, would you still stop it?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Feb 16th 2017 at 5:38 am.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Indigenous populations all over the colonised world were slaughtered, exploited, victimised - basically given the shite end of the stick. Not cool but out of that came the modern western world - the one we live in and enjoy. It's not nice but without that slaughtering, our lives would not be as good as they are now. Whether you like or agree with that is immaterial, it happened and you and I gain from it today

Historical facts. Historical givens. It is what it is

Last edited by Amazulu; Feb 16th 2017 at 5:46 am.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

No mate I didn't. I never said it was a good thing, but I did say that none of our lives would be what they are if history were different. So, if the old way of doing things has led to my family's present circumstances, then it has at least been good for my family, as it has yours, no matter how uncomfortable that sounds. I also said that I never slaughtered anyone, so I have nothing to feel guilty about. If the English hadn't slaughtered the Aboriginals the chances are you wouldn't have ended up here. You should be much more grateful to us English

Question for you, if you had a time machine and could go back and stop the killing in Ireland and Aus, but you knew that stopping it would be to the massive detriment of you and your family, would you still stop it?
Yeah you definitely missed the point as it wasn't directed at you.

I'll reply to your question with a question. Was violence the only way?
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'll give it a stab.

No of course it wasn't BUT. ....

Neither those doing the slaughtering or those being slaughtered are alive today. No one to punish, no one to apologies to.

Two questions for you?

My grandfather was slaughtered in the second world war. Should I be bitter and resentful towards Germans?

What do you hope to achieve from these history lessons?
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:52 am
Account Closed

The point is don't say that past violence is a good thing, I get it, but crimes committed 200 years ago led to our current circumstances, and what I say can't change the past.

Probably not, but it was used and your, my and Zulu's families are all living in the sunshine in a wonderful place because of it. Now could you reply to my question with an actual answer?
Old Feb 16th 2017, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

The point is don't say that past violence is a good thing, I get it, but crimes committed 200 years ago led to our current circumstances, and what I say can't change the past.

Probably not, but it was used and your, my and Zulu's families are all living in the sunshine in a wonderful place because of it. Now could you reply to my question with an actual answer?
So i guess when you said 'Probably not' you got your answer
Old Feb 16th 2017, 7:36 am
Account Closed

So i guess when you said 'Probably not' you got your answer
You are to questions, what Jimmy Carr is to tax
Old Feb 16th 2017, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

What amazes me is throughout history in every culture acts were done which today one rightly will say were not admirable- but it seems that it is in the West it has develop into a guilt complex, or that only Western countries should be held accountable to current morality standards.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
You don't need a ceremony to aquire citizenships. All you need to parents with the right papers. Yes I was born with the right pedigree. I hope that doesn't make you feel a sense of envy and resentment like all good left wingers feel.
I'm mystified as to why I would be envious of someone who takes on Australian citizenship?

It's probably lucky for you that you didn't have to pass the basic English requirement they used to have though to a(c)quire citizenship, you just 'need to parents' apparently (two parents, too parents or something else?) Save the teach, spelling bee jibes etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.